In Deep Sh*t With The Wife

OK, so my wife obv knows that I play online quite a bit. But she has no clue that I have redeposited like 4 times and am down a decent sum of money. Here's the low down:We have this account that I only have access to (its from before we got married) that has all of our school savings in it (we are both getting out master's degrees). That account is still tied to my dad, but he doesn't ever take money or touch it. Over the past two years, I have withdrawn $2000 ($500, 4 different times) from that account without her knowing to play online. My plan was to win it back and withdraw enough to repay the money I have taken out. Obv that has not gone to plan. Currently I have $650 in my account, but am still working to unlock a bonus of $400 more. Today she was paying bills and decided to check to see how much money we have in there... and she saw that we are $2000 short. She asked me to call my dad and ask if he had taken any money out or not. Of course, he hasn't and I am screwed. If I come clean, there is no doubt that she will be beyond pissed and put down the hammer (and I have a Vegas trip later this month!). So what can I do? Any advise would help. Thanks.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

withdraw your 650, youre only down 1350 overall. add/remove programstell her you have a gambling problem and youve taken steps to ensure you dont lose any more money. shell be pissed,but happy youre confronting your problems. you might even get a congrats bj

1. Stop lying to your wife2. Be a man and stop going behind your wife's back3. Stop being a degen and thus ruining your marriage4. Own up to it and take what's coming to you like a man5. jerk off because I bet that you won't be getting any in the near future

1. Stop lying to your wife2. Be a man and stop going behind your wife's back3. Stop being a degen and thus ruining your marriage4. Own up to it and take what's coming to you like a man5. jerk off because I bet that you won't be getting any in the near future
all good advice
QFT

How long until your $400 bonus should clear?In all honesty, I'd own up to it. Seems like you've been leading an unhealthy gambling life, using money you really can't afford to lose...?

Buy her a case of "Pro Player" drink. A guy did that once for his girl for Valentine's day and posted about it. If my shitty memory serves me correctly, women love Pro Player drink and everything turned out fine.

How long until your $400 bonus should clear?In all honesty, I'd own up to it. Seems like you've been leading an unhealthy gambling life, using money you really can't afford to lose...?
awesome advice
Buy her a case of "Pro Player" drink. A guy did that once for his girl for Valentine's day and posted about it. If my shitty memory serves me correctly, women love Pro Player drink and everything turned out fine.
Did you sent me that $500 you were supposed to? Remember we talked about it the other day?
So what can I do? Any advise would help. Thanks.
Get better at poker.Play within your means.But first and foremost - you need to own up to it with the wife. Something I couldn't do - thus, I am single.If you want a secret account, get a secret account.Pro Player Drink FTWSorry, dude, you are in trouble. No way to know what kind of marriage you have so who knows how it will end up.Good Luck!BTW - you going to play in the Neg-O this quarter?
withdraw your 650, youre only down 1350 overall. add/remove programstell her you have a gambling problem and youve taken steps to ensure you dont lose any more money. shell be pissed,but happy youre confronting your problems. you might even get a congrats bj

Take the $650 and stake TJ in the sunday mil for 3 weeks. He is bound to final table that bitch in that time. Problem solved.

i find this humorous only because i too have a personal account that i use to deposit from and that my wife also does not have access to. however, the similarities end there. i have never deposited anything other than discretionary income, and i have made enough to buy the wife a few gifts to keep her off my back about poker.

Obviously you need to compound your deceit with lying. Tell he you lent it to a buddy, preferably one she hates, tell her he owed a drug deal/bookie/pimp whichever one suits him the best. Let her go after him for it, this will buy you some time.Now to help you with you other problem, you suck at poker. Seems like your best bet here is roulette.GL

withdraw $500, convince some one to loan you the other $1500 and convince your dad to say he took it out. Stop sucking at poker and win $1500 to pay back what you owe.
finally a real man answer
Obviously you need to compound your deceit with lying. Tell he you lent it to a buddy, preferably one she hates, tell her he owed a drug deal/bookie/pimp whichever one suits him the best. Let her go after him for it, this will buy you some time.Now to help you with you other problem, you suck at poker. Seems like your best bet here is roulette.GL
Stake Rab in Roulette. I swear he runs like Jesus !!