***<3<3 Official Chicago Whitesox Home <3<3***

Playing pretty decent right now. Last night was shit, you have to put that guy on and get the double play ball available. F'in Minnesota comes back and wins it in the 9th.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear twinkies: please stop hitting .320 with risp kthx bye
I backed up this sentiment by dropping a ****ing BOMB on the Sox to win the World Series at 19-1 a few days ago. They're already down to 14-1 at the shops where I banged them. Part of this might be the fact that, you know, I hit them for close to the max. (This is reminding me of the KU National Championship debacle from this year's NCAA season. I banged them at one place, then had to go around banging them everywhere else so the price would drop, and I could offer the best price in the market when I sold it off later. That worked out really well, since I ended up holding the ticket until the end.)The good price I got was a function of the Twins resillience, but I'm sure the Twins are still just contending with with smoke and mirrors. The Sox are a real baseball team, and the Twins are just a collection of luck sacks. Having a gambling problem makes for strange, uncomfortable bedfellows. I have a Tigers UNDER total wins future that I bought before the year, and I hate the White Sox, but have a big stake in their continued success. Awesome. How about some more pain?Anyway, go Sox. I hope they just rip off like 20 straight wins and the Metrodome collapses on top of the Twins during their next homestand. Wang
The Sox are a real baseball team, and the Twins are just a collection of luck sacks.
It's interesting, isn't it? I think Gardy is a good manager, but for them to be outperforming offensive expectation by this much for this long is pretty wild. I think the Sox at 19:1 is a reasonable bet, but the realist in me fears that we will go into that series in Minneapolis the last week of the season not having clinched yet, and since we can never beat them in the dome, I think we give them the division. That said, the wild card is still a real possibility, and *if* we squeak in somehow, I like our chances....lotta guys on our team who've played October baseball. Maybe that counts for something, maybe it doesn't, but there's something comforting about the thought of Mark Buehrle on the hill for Game 1 of the ALCS... Also, someone mentioned at Hardball Times (I think?) that the White Sox would be really dangerous in the playoffs since they hit so many HRs...he made the argument that it should (somewhat) even the playing field against top-tier pitching since it only requires one pitching mistake instead of piling together a bunch of hits, which those pitchers tend not to allow.

Mike Bowden got called up from AAA Pawtucket for Boston and is making his first career start tonight. This is cool because he was only a year ahead of me at my high school.

• 3 weeks later...

FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Cmon, crucial freakin series. We need to take just 1!! Of course, I'll be very happy with 2 of 3. Tonight's game is so ****IN CRUCIAL!!!