Poker StarsLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$110 playersConverterPre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with 2 :5c J :club: UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: J :D 2 :ts 4 :D (5SB, 5 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, MP3 calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.Turn: 8 :D (8.5BB, 4 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.River: A :4h (12.5BB, 4 players)Hero ?Do I bet this river? How's the rest. Second rotation, no significant reads.

Betting that into 4 on the river is tough. UTG+1 might have AJ, but we should not play scared. I'd bet, and if it came back to me raised I'd give it smoe thought. If it was raised and cold-called in front of me, I'd fold. Against one, I call.

Betting that into 4 on the river is tough. UTG+1 might have AJ, but we should not play scared. I'd bet, and if it came back to me raised I'd give it smoe thought. If it was raised and cold-called in front of me, I'd fold. Against one, I call.
I think it's interesting to think if betting makes more or less sense with 1 vs 3 opponents (we aren't betting into 4, but that's just a detail)imo, Bet/Folding is easier against more opponents, in the genral case.I'm not saying whether we should bet here (or fold); just that I'm thinking c/c is less right when there are more players.

b/f ~ c/c > b/c. If we want to get to showdown c/c gets us there.I would think our hand was weaker is the flop was suited. We'd expect to see a lot more A4s type hands at SD. But a rainbow flop, and a total rainbow turn make this less likely so that may tip my decision in favour of betting out river.If we bet into 4, it gets raised and then cold called for 2 we're in trouble. Aces up for sure.Against 1, I think it's a b/c. I've got enough history on the sites I play to know who will call a missed flop and turn with AK or AQ, and I'll 3 bet those guys.Against 2 or 3 I think it's a blend of 1 or 4. If it's raised and cold called I fold.

If we bet into 4, it gets raised and then cold called for 2 we're in trouble. Aces up for sure.
I think you need to find some better tables. I see guys call down with 77 here even for 2 quite a bit.
I think you need to find some better tables. I see guys call down with 77 here even for 2 quite a bit.
Where do you play, and a what level, that someone call a bet, and a raise, with 77 when there are 3 overcards out? Certainly sounds like a good table, but I'd have to see it to believe it.