General Poker Strat Post

Here's a hand that took place in the FTP 500/750k a few weeks back. I tried to convert it but I only have a partial HH so it comes out all screwed up (honestly mods, I did try:) ). First off, I'm not the hero. Full Tilt Poker Game #5569481444: $750,000 Guarantee (41566223), Table 23 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:29:57 ET - 2008/03/09Seat 1: Cardiac_Kid9 (3,480)Seat 2: ACSLAM (2,730)Seat 3: Wisdom9 (5,759)Seat 4: CaoticC (905)Seat 5: Undertow93 (5,720)Seat 6: Hero (6,135)Seat 7: gregy20723 (2,880)Seat 8: lars795 (2,920), is sitting outSeat 9: do4fun (2,690)ACSLAM posts the small blind of 20Wisdom9 posts the big blind of 40The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Hero [Kd Kh]CaoticC calls 40Undertow93 calls 40Hero raises to 220gregy20723 has 15 seconds left to actgregy20723 foldslars795 foldsdo4fun foldsCardiac_Kid9 raises to 400ACSLAM raises to 1,440Wisdom9 has 15 seconds left to actWisdom9 foldsCaoticC foldsUndertow93 foldsHero has 15 seconds left to act</SPAN>

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a hand that took place in the FTP 500/750k a few weeks back. I tried to convert it but I only have a partial HH so it comes out all screwed up (honestly mods, I did try:) ).First off, I'm not the hero. x
Fold PF.
looooooooool PMJ
LOL I screwed that up in more ways then one. First it was all scrambled, then I reposted quickly and I had the actual 'hero' in there...not sure if anyone caught it.

i think it's the 1 time in 50 where i pitch it, even if the 4 bet thinks the other guy is weak he still has to be concerned about you raising 2 ep limpers. and even if you call, you have to be worried about the 3bet behind you.pretty gross spot, where if we're good we got a lot of chips early. yeah, i think i still fold.

Ick. I HATE it but I might fold here. Against that field I think for sure you can find spots where you aren't flipping coins trying to figure out if that is AA or AK but honestly I think it is AA more often (and heck, the minraise that is still behind looks like a big hand too).

Here's a hand that took place in the FTP 500/750k a few weeks back. I tried to convert it but I only have a partial HH so it comes out all screwed up (honestly mods, I did try:) ).First off, I'm not the hero. x
i see cardiac's min raise as one of two things. he either thinks hero is punishing the limpers or he is very very strong. i would lean towards strength at this stage of the tourney. the next raise is very interesting because it is so big. kind of donkish and screams of AK. granted, i have zero information on any of these players. i'm more inclined to find weakness in this last bet because of the bet size being so big.i am dying to say shove, but i just can't get myself to say it. being squeezed here with the min 4 bettor left to act makes me want to fold. isap?
LOL I screwed that up in more ways then one. First it was all scrambled, then I reposted quickly and I had the actual 'hero' in there...not sure if anyone caught it.
I caught it :club: Didnt' know it was supposed to be secret. As for the hand, I'm getting it in.
I caught it :club: Didnt' know it was supposed to be secret. As for the hand, I'm getting it in.
I didnt want that effecting the analysis, but I guess people's percieved image of you should be a part of it....plus not sure he'd want how he played the hand shared. in this case.

I suck @ poker, but I call hereSeat 2: ACSLAM (2,730)Seat 6: Hero (6,135)Acslam only has 1300T behind so you know he is invested to playout the hand, but if you lose you are still left with 3400 chips and average at your table. If you win you are massive chip leader and can pick take full control of the table. If cardiac pushes you just have a few hundred more to invest and you 15% away from getting odds even against aces

I was in a spot similar to this a couple weeks ago except one villian flatted my utg raise from utg +1, btn r/r'd. I flatted assuming the pot would be HU, then utg+1 shoves, button reshoves...I tank and muck KK. utg had QQ and btn had AK. I just don't fold here anymore.

Here's a hand that took place in the FTP 500/750k a few weeks back. I tried to convert it but I only have a partial HH so it comes out all screwed up (honestly mods, I did try:) ). First off, I'm not the hero. Full Tilt Poker Game #5569481444: $750,000 Guarantee (41566223), Table 23 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:29:57 ET - 2008/03/09Seat 1: Cardiac_Kid9 (3,480)Seat 2: ACSLAM (2,730)Seat 3: Wisdom9 (5,759)Seat 4: CaoticC (905)Seat 5: Undertow93 (5,720)Seat 6: Hero (6,135)Seat 7: gregy20723 (2,880)Seat 8: lars795 (2,920), is sitting outSeat 9: do4fun (2,690)ACSLAM posts the small blind of 20Wisdom9 posts the big blind of 40The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Hero [Kd Kh]CaoticC calls 40Undertow93 calls 40Hero raises to 220gregy20723 has 15 seconds left to actgregy20723 foldslars795 foldsdo4fun foldsCardiac_Kid9 raises to 400ACSLAM raises to 1,440Wisdom9 has 15 seconds left to actWisdom9 foldsCaoticC foldsUndertow93 foldsHero has 15 seconds left to act</SPAN>
What is Hero's image? For the most part I'm getting it in anyway. I know this post seems to look like we should fold here, but I can't find it in me yet to fold KK yet. FWIW, I have seen the min-reraise quite more often and it doesn't necessarily mean that they have a strong hand, I think this tactic is used more often to inflate the pot and then have the PF raiser fold on the flop as more than likely he will fold, unless he has a huge pocket pair. As for the 4 better, his raise could definitely be AA, but at the same time it could be AK, KK, or QQ. But I think this also goes back to Hero's image.Like I said, either way, I can't see myself folding KK PF. And even if he has AA and I lose, I still have enough chips left and the blinds are still small.
sighhhhhhhhh <------------------------curiousssssss of who it is now :(hands all about DBs and table reads imo
What do you do when you don't have a DB on players? I'm assuming DB means database or something along those lines.

FWIW, I think a lot of people with AK in that spot are probably shoving I think. And once again, what does minraiser have?

This was my original reply to the hand, and still pretty much how I feel:Well, generally I would never fold KK preflop online, but with that action and the structure of that particular tournament, I could see a case being made for folding. If you had a significant amount of history or hands played vs either cardiac or acslam, or any read based off their play thus far, then you could factor that into the decision as well...That being said, even being the nit I am, I still think I re-shove there. Worst case you are up against AA and KK, but even if you lose you still have 2700 at 20/40, and with the structure of that tournament that is more then enough. That field has a lot of players who have satellited in who could just as easily have jj,qq, or ak then aa, and not realize they are overplaying their hand. Plus given the stack you'd have if you win the pot, it gives you a great head start at going deep in a tournament with a huge payoff for ft/top 3.--------A lot in my mind would also depend on how the two villains lost 2/5 of their respective stacks. If they donked it up, then I think it makes it more of a shove.

So, I am shoving here and hoping to be heads up. Should we really put either one of these guys on AA? That mini raise is WEIRD.Seat 1: Cardiac_Kid9 (3,480)Seat 2: ACSLAM (2,730)Seat 6: Hero (6,135)I don't know how I can fold. I am risking 60%ish of my chips with KK. I think I take that. I really want to see QQ and AK here. How do we figure out what the chances are that the miniraise or the shove has AA? Reads? A lot of miniraises? Does Cardiac live up to his name and shove quite often? I just don't know how to fold KK without accepting all in to see the flooop.EDIT: Dam, I didn't get my answer in quick enough. FK work!!!! Woohooo. I am close to Patrick's answer.