I Have Some Remarks On A Random Movie Thread

So I just finished watching 'Sleeper Cell' seasons 1 and 2 (via netflix instant watch) and I have some random remarks.The French guy was a horrible actor.

glad he died

The whole show seemed a bit too umm. I'm not sure what I mean but I got a bad vibe from it. Don't get me wrong, I watched 18 episodes so there must be something good about it, but I guess I didn't like how the terrorists seemed to talk out in the open about everything. It seemed stupid to me that the white guy would repeat a lot of what others said in Arabic and translate it to English.It was funny how Farrick told Darwin not to ask questions and he always did ask questions yet seemingly this wasn't that big of a problem.The actor playing Farrick was a lot better in season 2 than 1. His character was by far the most interesting as well.So, I have a mixed review on this show. I think I just hated a lot of the actors they used.What's with showtime and hiring annoying women for their shows? Nowhere near as bad as the chick from Dexter, but jeez c'mon Showtime. Her whole storyline seemed totally pointless to me.I guess they needed something outside just the cell to add to the story. So obviously it's a TV show but a lot of what is happening seems too unreal for me. The way the characters interact and talk to each other mostly. You're doing terrorist shit and yet you talk about it while other people are around.

Maybe I just didn't notice but I'm pretty sure the guy who was Darwin's case agent didn't get starring credit until like the 4th episode. Anyway, he died a couple episodes later. I laughed

They seemed to want us think that Darwin died at the end of season 2. If he died from a shot to the shoulder that's very stupid. I realize he was near that explosion before but I don't think those two events cause death. And, oh yea, how is it that Farrick was the closest to his wife when she got blown up yet he doesn't die or get very severely burned? Other people died and got torched.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Disturbia. I found it entertaining. I have also seen Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window-which I'm pretty sure is the movie that Distubria is based off of. I liked them both and I found it interesting that the bad guys in both movies kind of look like each other.

I just watched Strange Wilderness. It was horrible, at the same time I laughed a bunch. But I am a sucker for Steve Zahn yelling and dick and fart jokes.

I just watched In the Valley of Elah... HOLY CRAP... that is a good movie.RUN to the video store or netflix.com and watch this movie.The last like 5 minutes totally does injustice to the movie however... as it just turns to a sappy anti-war ending.This is a link to the real life story that the movie is based on. click me.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw Out of Sight. I remembered it being good the last time I saw it 10 years ago... but wow. It's amazing. I love it. Everyone talks about how M. Night Shyamalan started strong and now sucks... but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO Steven Soderbergh?!?! Out of Sight and Traffic are amazing. Everything else he's made basically sucks. I'm sure some people like Oceans 11/12/13/14/15, etc etc, but wow. They were crap compared to Out of Sight and Traffic.

Anyone seen the movie "cube"?I don't remember anyone in it but I liked it and it was strange.
I saw the second one. It probably would've been a good movie with better special effects and acting.
I saw the second one. It probably would've been a good movie with better special effects and acting.
This might be true of almost every movie.

Traffic is good but it's not like he's worked with a ton of great scripts. I enjoyed 'The Good German' though.So I saw 'Super High Me' via Netflix. It was a joke by Doug Benson, the comedian. You've seen him on Comedy Central Presents, Best Week Ever and one of the many funny comedians to go on Last Comic Standing but are too funny to move forward in the competition. Anyway, he made a joke about super high me vs super size me. you can figure out the gist of it. But, expectedly, the movie wasn't anywhere near as scientific and documentarial as its counterpart. I don't really have much to say about it except that I enjoy his standup a bit since I possibly can relate to his material for some reason which I won't discuss, but I related to it a lot more in college than I do now. It's somewhat funny and got a 3/5 on my netflix rating. In short, it's a somewhat entertaining 90+ minutes about pot.

I saw the second one. I loved how

the one guy who lost his eye survived for years in the cube by eating everyone else

.The concept was definitely a cool one which is why it is somewhat watchable despite the acting/effects.

I just watched the Grand and I thought it was great. I had big expectations for this and the movie lived up to them. I have to say, I love Daniel, and I thought he was a great actor in the movie (compared to Antonio, no offense). I don't really like Phil Gordon, but I thought he was hilarious in the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

So I watched 'Vantage Point' last nightI feel like this movie would've been better starting their ad campaign two weeks before instead of one year before. Though when I checked it made 71 mill in the US and a worldwide gross of 147 (according to the Wik).Anyway, I didn't really like it. It was fairly easy to gather that

Matthew Fox

was the baddy. And, while I was watching it, I made myself giggle with, "Vantage Point: Now matter how many times we show you the same shit, it still sucks."It wasn't awful. I'd give it a 3 on my neflix. Though, if I could give it a 2.6 I probably would. (2= didn't like it. 3 = liked it).I wish other DVDs would have the interviews and stuff this one had. There was probably an hour's worth and while it was often repititious (I didn't watch all of it), it's still somewhat interesting. It made me laugh though because of how everyone was talking like this was a good movie when it really wasn't.

I like the new Miami Vice movie more than almost anyone else... since most people hated it for whatever reason.

So I watched 'Vantage Point' last nightI feel like this movie would've been better starting their ad campaign two weeks before instead of one year before. Though when I checked it made 71 mill in the US and a worldwide gross of 147 (according to the Wik).Anyway, I didn't really like it. It was fairly easy to gather that

Matthew Fox

was the baddy. And, while I was watching it, I made myself giggle with, "Vantage Point: Now matter how many times we show you the same shit, it still sucks."It wasn't awful. I'd give it a 3 on my neflix. Though, if I could give it a 2.6 I probably would. (2= didn't like it. 3 = liked it).I wish other DVDs would have the interviews and stuff this one had. There was probably an hour's worth and while it was often repititious (I didn't watch all of it), it's still somewhat interesting. It made me laugh though because of how everyone was talking like this was a good movie when it really wasn't.

Did you see Rashomon? I haven't seen Vantage Point but I'm pretty sure they are kind of the same thing.
  • 3 weeks later...

watched pan's labyrinth. it took a while to get my head around it being much

darker

than i anticipated when it started. after that, it was very

enjoyable

. 8.75/

I saw Swimming Pool the other night because I heard there was a hot chick naked alot. That's all I knew about it, and that is really all there is to know. Smokin' hot, and naked a ton. Strange ending.Also saw The Cooler recently, I really liked it, William H. Macy is great as usual. Nothing else to say really.I also watched this weird pseudo-documentary thing called Wassup Rockers. It's filmed sorta like a documentary and thats the feel I got from it, but it's not. It's about a group of hispanic skaters from South Central. It has virtually no plot, and took me forever to get through since I had it on DVR.

Is this thread any different than the "What Is The Last Movie You Saw" thread?
very1. it was made first (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)2. it's not full of posts that consist of saying only the title of the movie people just saw3. these posts don't have to be about the last movie you saw. often they will be because you'll think of some random remarks after a movie is just finished or during the movie watching experienceI saw 'Dark Knight' again and I am wondering how Batman snuck up on everyone when he said the line, "Then you're gonna love me". Wouldn't the partygoers gasp or shout? Wouldn't the Joker's thugs notice him?

Thanks to Netflix Instant Watch, I just finished 'Conspiracy' or as I shall call it, 'No Country For Val Kilmer' or possibly 'Training Dia'It stars Val Kilmer as an ex-soldier going to meet his friend in Arizona (filmed in New Mexico), but he finds more than he bargained on finding which was his friend. Instead he doesn't find his friend, but enemies. One of these enemies is Gary Cole who plays the head of a corporation which is named to sound similar to Haliburton. Anyway, this 'film' features some awesomely bad.1. this one is actually just regularly good. it's boobs. first five minutes or so features a nice set of bubumbas.2. fight scenes / deaths are spectacularly awful. it's like a bad 80s horror movie.3. a few weird cuts just make for good humour4. the movie features Val Kilmer, Gary Cole, and Jennifer Esposito but is quite a low budget flick. I for one am glad they spent the money on these three actors and nothing on everything else.

• 5 months later...

So I watched Doctor Zhivago the other day and I have some random thoughts.Apparently we're supposed to like this character of Zhivago who cheats on his wife. I found that funny. Also funny? The intro by Omar Sharif who starts us off by saying, "hi. I'm Omar Sharif" and manages to make that part sound forced.Very good movie though. Crazy long. But in that "epic that still keeps you interested way" not the "trying to make an epic but failing miserably with something that drags" way which is I guess why it's good. To sum up, it's good because it's good. go me.Zhivago sure stared a lot. And many characters managed to keep everything but their eyes in the shadows.I guess a man is allowed to cheat on his wife as long as he's a great poet. I guess his wife has self esteem issues or something.