I Have Some Remarks On A Random Movie Thread

So I watched 'Vantage Point' last nightI feel like this movie would've been better starting their ad campaign two weeks before instead of one year before. Though when I checked it made 71 mill in the US and a worldwide gross of 147 (according to the Wik).Anyway, I didn't really like it. It was fairly easy to gather that

Matthew Fox

was the baddy. And, while I was watching it, I made myself giggle with, "Vantage Point: Now matter how many times we show you the same shit, it still sucks."It wasn't awful. I'd give it a 3 on my neflix. Though, if I could give it a 2.6 I probably would. (2= didn't like it. 3 = liked it).I wish other DVDs would have the interviews and stuff this one had. There was probably an hour's worth and while it was often repititious (I didn't watch all of it), it's still somewhat interesting. It made me laugh though because of how everyone was talking like this was a good movie when it really wasn't.

I found this movie laughably horrible. Amazingly bad, just reaking of fail. We had a good laugh starting about :30 through though, so it's all good. Mathew Fox's best line, "Soon we can stopping living this double life, comrade" in some bizarre accent. No explanation of why he's a double agent or whatever, just drop that line in to tie it all together. So bad.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy]Now you're probably asking yourself why am I speaking in a british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy. Well I'll tell you why. In fact, I'll tell you why by telling you all the reasons why not which will then leave only the reason why. You see it's not because I like nonsense. It doesn't serve any purpose here except to confuse and it wouldn't make sense trying to confuse you whilst simultaneously explaining something to you. I guess that's why it's called nonsense. It's not because my words sound better this way. They do, of course, sound better this way because your "unknown to me since you're reading these words and I don't know you personally" accent is stupid. Very stupid. It's not because I'm distracting you with a big story so that my mate can knock you over the head. See I'm a direct kind of guy. If I'm gonna knock you over the 'ead, I'm gonna do it my own self. So that leaves only one reason dunnnnit? Yes. It's because I watched Rocknrolla and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just another rehash of his past two big films though, of course, given the subject matter they are quite similar.[/british accent probably Jason Statham or someone else that seems like a typical british Guy Ritchie kind of guy]

in the sequel, do you think we'll find out how they got to the russian and got into the situation where they were able to cut off his arm n leg

Archie. Andy Garcia. freaky.

when you read my line "quite similar" I hope you realised it was the time to use Gerard Butler's aka One Two's accent.

my milk. past due

watched pan's labyrinth. it took a while to get my head around it being much

darker

than i anticipated when it started. after that, it was very

enjoyable

. 8.75/

agreed. I had NO idea that it would be so crazy dark. I thought it was going to be a light fantasy movie. Not a murderous, Nazi torture movie. I loved it though and would give it an 8 or 8.5 out of 10.I think I've made a decision... it's not carved in stone yet, but it's close. Gran Torino was my favorite movie of 2008. (EDIT: no it wasn't.)
Is this thread any different than the "What Is The Last Movie You Saw" thread?
Get out and don't come back. This thread was always the better thread, it just got less traffic.
I just watched the Grand and I thought it was great. I had big expectations for this and the movie lived up to them. I have to say, I love Daniel, and I thought he was a great actor in the movie (compared to Antonio, no offense). I don't really like Phil Gordon, but I thought he was hilarious in the movie.
I think I missed this post the first time around, but I'm quoting it so that I can use it as my next sig. SS24 is the Yin to my Spaghetti. (I didn't say "Yang" because that would be too similar to SS24... we are complete opposites)
I found this movie laughably horrible. Amazingly bad, just reaking of fail. We had a good laugh starting about :30 through though, so it's all good. Mathew Fox's best line, "Soon we can stopping living this double life, comrade" in some bizarre accent. No explanation of why he's a double agent or whatever, just drop that line in to tie it all together. So bad.
This. My fiance asked me to netflix queue it, then fell asleep on me halfway through. She no longer can request movies.
  • 10 months later...

I was just watching Safe Men and I have to say that seeing Paul Giamatti as Veal Chop is quite delightful.The movie really isn't that good (but it's definitely not bad either (a true 3)). it's not even 90 minutes long so it's very watchable. it has a lot of faces in it (Sam Rockwell, Steve Zahn, Mark Ruffalo, the guy who played a banker in "Blank Check" don't know him? well he also played a film producer in Barton Fink, the best current little man actor even has a cameo (the guy who's gonna play Tyrion)) and the director/writer also wrote Meet the Parents, Zoolander, and I Love You, Man. As I was watching I definitely felt like this film had was on the cusp of "it" which makes sense considering his later success.

• 6 months later...

When telling someone that they should watch "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" you always have to throw a qualifier in there. Is it good? yes. But, it can be a bit graphic. What dead people and stuff? umm. yea. But there's a rape scene. Oh. well. I've seen a few of those. Well there's kinda three of them in here. Ahh. It's like 150 minutes long but it certainly does not feel like that. Another bonus is that if you like it then you can see the sequel which comes out in July I think. Oh yea. It's foreign so there's subtitles.Toy Story 3 doesn't have any rape scenes.

I finally watched Iron Man last night. I liked it. I can't wait until Iron man ___ when Robert Downey has to go up against John Malkovich.

I was just watching Safe Men and I have to say that seeing Paul Giamatti as Veal Chop is quite delightful.The movie really isn't that good (but it's definitely not bad either (a true 3)). it's not even 90 minutes long so it's very watchable. it has a lot of faces in it (Sam Rockwell, Steve Zahn, Mark Ruffalo, the guy who played a banker in "Blank Check" don't know him? well he also played a film producer in Barton Fink, the best current little man actor even has a cameo (the guy who's gonna play Tyrion)) and the director/writer also wrote Meet the Parents, Zoolander, and I Love You, Man. As I was watching I definitely felt like this film had was on the cusp of "it" which makes sense considering his later success.
I'm going to assume you're talking about Peter Dinklage. Otherwise you would be horribly wrong.

zombieland.hmm, maybe i was over-hyped (

err, not hyper TO THE MAX to see it, but read too much hype

) pre-viewing (

before viewing

). i did not experience the guffaws i had hoped to experience. it was okay, i guess. woody nailed his part (not his penis, putting a nail through that would hurt).7/10.

2012Best. Movie. EVER.-logical motivations-realistic CGI-plausible escapes from death-touching displays of fatherly love and sacrifice-planes that constantly fly below ground levelI don't know what more anyone could want from a movie. The only part that sucked was Woody. Did NOT nail his part (penis or otherwise). Who's going to believe him as a batshit-crazy end-of-the-world announcing hermit?

• 2 weeks later...

planet 51. really, guys? this is what we're doing with animation? colour me unimpressed (

i think that'd be chartreuse

). it felt very contrived. they probably should have gone a head

and removed the astronaut's brain

. 4

/10.

.well-constructed sf movie. not a huge budget at work, which i think works for it. they didn't consume the characters with flashy cgi. i thought the main character was quite compelling. this was a delightful change of pace after the misery of watching planet 51. the scene at the end where

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

was very good.the robot in this flick was well-conceived.8.5/10, though this number could be slightly inflated by having watched this after a fail movie.

Just to randomly agree with a few comments..."Hudsucker Proxy" and "Out of Sight" are two of my favorite movies.Along that vein, any of y'all seen "A Life Less Ordinary"? I really really like it...though most everyone else that I talk to feels that it sucks.

I remember liking it. But I haven't seen it for like 15 years. That was one of Cameron's first movies, no?