Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $101.50UTG+1: $43.05CO: $114.50Button: $56.52Hero: $50.15BB: $108.05Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T :D T :D3 folds, Button raises to $1.5, Hero raises to $6.25, BB calls, Button calls.Flop: K :club: K :5c K :4h ($18.75, 3 players)Hero bets $13, BB calls, Button folds.Turn: 7 :ts ($44.75, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $84.5, Hero????4th hand at the table...

...Cries like a bitch.I hate this spot, i don't think he's value shoving a worse hand very often and i don't see how this is going to be a bluff very often either.But then i come back to the fact you have a full house, argh.I really don't know, i think he has JJ here a tonne.

I created a new song. It goes.Call call call call callcallcall call call call call call call call call call call call callcallcallcallcallcall call CALLcall call call call call call call call call call callcallcall call callcallcallCALLCALL CALL!call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call call CALL!As for the hand, I probably fold here.

I snap call it.I doubt he's ever folding a pair on the flop. Zeebo theorem, right?I think he can probably show up with smaller pairs.Missed that we are against the BB who basically coldcalled a raise and reraise preflop.I agree it's a check/fold.

if stack were deeper i could fold this easilyi think his range is 77-QQ and of course a K but i doubt he shoves a K.we are getting 2.5:1 on our last $30. i think i put it in.i would stick these percentages on my range77 8%88 21%99 21%TT 5%JJ 22%QQ 16% Kx 8%

if stack were deeper i could fold this easilyi think his range is 77-QQ and of course a K but i doubt he shoves a K.we are getting 2.5:1 on our last $30. i think i put it in.i would stick these percentages on my range77 8%88 21%99 21%TT 5%JJ 22%QQ 16% Kx 8%
I don't agree with those %s. I don't think it's correct to assign %s like that either. I think AA has to be in that range and I think 77-99 (22-66 as well) are looking for showdown, not to shove on the turn, at least not most of the time.
I don't agree with those %s. I don't think it's correct to assign %s like that either. I think AA has to be in that range and I think 77-99 (22-66 as well) are looking for showdown, not to shove on the turn, at least not most of the time.
of course you can assign %s so that you can find out if it's +EV or not :club: also i'm high so factor that in
of course you can assign %s so that you can find out if it's +EV or not :club: also i'm high so factor that in
40% we're high when we play this hand and snap call without thinking.This hand confuses me the more I think about it. I'm starting to think that if we are going to call shove on turn that shoving the turn is better than c/c. I think most pps that will shove will call, and they might not be willing to call come river.Right now I think c/c is the worst play on the turn.
40% we're high when we play this hand and snap call without thinking.This hand confuses me the more I think about it. I'm starting to think that if we are going to call shove on turn that shoving the turn is better than c/c. I think most pps that will shove will call, and they might not be willing to call come river.Right now I think c/c is the worst play on the turn.
i agree and i don't like the c/c but getting 2.5:1 i'm pretty sure we can effectively call here. the percentages thing was kinda just me trying to get the fact that we can be ahead as much as we are behind here.if we bet the turn then i think the call is way easierand i think if i'm high i kinda thing about this. i may get the beep for the time bank but i'm ready before it ticks.

my figuring is that he is making this move w/ a-7, hoping you have an A something since you checked the turn.It looks to me like he's trying to buy the pot by moving all in after a check...If he wanted you to call he'd be more inclined to bet $20 therfor committing your stack to the pot if you called

that was my thought
If I called, I think I'd have to have a read, and would probably still time bank it. Are we just calling here putting him on Air/88-99?Results?

Fold.Unless I have a read that the villain plays like a moron, or has little respect for the table, I can't imagine we're ahead here more than 5 percent of the time.First, villain calls two raises out of position, with a player left to act who could very well reraise, followed by another possible reraise. Why would you play 77-99 like that and risk wasting chips when you would have to fold it if it got reraised again. Neither hero, nor button has the kind of $100+ stack you would prefer to go after with a med. pair. anyway. Even assuming you decide to play 77-99 this way, this is not the flop you're after given the preflop action. If you decided to see this hand down with 77-99, you'd want to see it as cheaply as possible. You'd probably be better off dumping the hand by the turn to any resistance. Usually, you would reraise the flop if you felt 77-99 had a decent shot at being the best hand. This is an unlikely spot to get bluffed off your hand, so why would you smooth call the flop and then shove the turn. Pushing allin on the turn is a moronic play with 77-99. My assumption here is my villain is not a moron and has 77-JJ likely crushed.I think JJ-AA and AK is much more likely. I think QQ, JJ and AKs would be most likely, AA is also possible. Even a moron playing KQs has us crushed though.Also, villain knows we have a hand, at least a full house, after the flop plays out. Whether we check or bet the turn, villain knows we probably can't fold the top half of our range regardless, so when he bets out he's expecting a call most of the time. In fact, his bet on the turn almost screams, I know you have a full house, and you know you can't fold. Given that, anything worse than jacks seems extremely unlikely. If you have any inclination to stick all your money in on the turn, pushing first on the turn would be the slightly better play. MAYBE you fold jacks, and you can't fold if villain happens to have TT-.Check calling is terrible. Check folding is, imho, the correct play against a competent opponent.When is a competent opponent going to show up with 99-? When he feels the table has been playing extremely aggressive and decides 99-77 may be the best hand enough to take a shot here. Even in that case, I can't see worse than 99 cold calling the flop and then shoving the turn, making is a pretty thin call on our part.

Hmmmm. Possible hands: Flush draw? Maybe. AA: once in a whileKK: nopeAK: once in a whileK/random: Ocassionally. QQ: OcassionallyJJ: pretty oftenSomething we beat: 50% of the time.In the shower this am, I was thinking about this, since a guy turned a fairly obvious SF on me this weekend and I mucked because I had 6 buy ins in front of me. I came to the conclusion that I'm willing to pay off obvious quads or Sfes with second best up to about 1.5 buyins. Other than that, I can muck it. I think that rule is OK to apply here. I see people do this with 88 all the time, BTW.
Agreed. When you check here, he's shoving on you like all of the freakin time.
I don't think 1010 should be trapping here then. If we're willing to C/C we should shove, because 88 and others check behind a lot. Then if another over peels they may fold. The old bet, check, bet line is a trapping one.
I don't think 1010 should be trapping here then. If we're willing to C/C we should shove, because 88 and others check behind a lot. Then if another over peels they may fold. The old bet, check, bet line is a trapping one.
This isn't a situation where it's like:ZOMG my hand is the nuts, I'm gonna tarp him goot!It's more like: If we bet, he's probably gonna fold so many hands that we could get value from, like 77-99 here (which despite what other people are saying, I think makes up like 70% of his range here), but if we check, he'll think that we're weaker than we are and bet those hands to protect them or bet for value. The fact that he overbet shoves leads me to believe this is a king basically never. Also, AA would be = Kx here, so I don't think he ever has that either. Then it becomes a ratio of the times he's got QQ/JJ to any other hands like 77-99 or a hand that he floated with thinking we wouldn't fire a 2nd bet without a boat. I guess in a way it's a trap, but mostly I think it's just the only way to get more value for our hand.I understand the logic of "why would he shove 77-99 here?" because it makes about as much sense as him shoving Kx, but I think the fact is that his shoving range combined with the odds that we're getting make this a pretty automatic call. I wouldn't be thrilled about calling, but I wouldn't fold either.