Top Pair Oop In 3-bet Pot

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Moneyball is MP2 with T :D , A :5c . 3 folds, Moneyball raises, MP3 3-bets, 4 folds, Moneyball calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) 9 :ts , A :D , 3 :4h(2 players)Moneyball checks, MP3 checks.Turn: (3.75 BB) 8 :club:(2 players)Moneyball bets, MP3 raises, Moneyball?Im lost. Should I be going to showdown, calling the raise and c/f the river hoping villains making some sort of goofy free showdown raise, or folding?

I don't want to fold, but i can't see him check raising with anything we beat.Yeh, i'm lost too.

ugh, lol at his line.I honestly consider checking the turn and going from there. Although, he could maybe make the flop play with two black kings, and just be in showdown cheapo mode.I dunno. I feel like calling down here is a spew, but I obviously can't fold top pair anymore.

I'm folding here, but that's probably because of the stakes I play. At .25/.50 and .50/1 this is AA, AK, or a flopped flush at least 75% of the time. The rest of the time it's some donkish crap that will draw out on the river anyway.oop, small pot, buh bye.

And some kind of retarded bluff the other 10%.Well i suppose it isn't that retarded as we're considering folding top pair, but still.

Does anyone else just dump it pre-flop? Or is that too weak?
Depends on the table, I guess. I think I probably raise/fold from MP w AT about 50/50 at much lower stakes. Tighter tables/tighter players behind me I raise more, because I'm more likely to buy the button/steal the blinds/fold AJ,AQ,KQ,TT type hands.
PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Moneyball is MP2 with T :D , A :5c . 3 folds, Moneyball raises, MP3 3-bets, 4 folds, Moneyball calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) 9 :ts , A :D , 3 :4h(2 players)Moneyball checks, MP3 checks.Turn: (3.75 BB) 8 :club:(2 players)Moneyball bets, MP3 raises, Moneyball?Im lost. Should I be going to showdown, calling the raise and c/f the river hoping villains making some sort of goofy free showdown raise, or folding?
I see a lot of people at the lower levels thinking 2nd pair is the nuts if the flop is checked around. I can see a donk at this level making a play like this w/ 10-10 and up as well, in fact, I have seen people do this quite often and any pair 10 - K is a viable 3-bet pf. Depends on your read of the villain, if any. If nothing else, you pay two more BB to see what he is willing to pf 3bet.

I'll try....He "knows" you don't have AK, or JJ+I see this a couple ways:If he has like TT-KK he doesn't like that boardA8s+, AT-AQ and 88/99 are in your range big timeKhQh/KhJh are just not a wide enough range for me to think he has that often here.I think he has an Ace sometimes sureI see him playing QxQx like this hopin you'll fold a weak Ace or if you have something like ThTx he'scharging you to outdraw.He might've cheked the flop to throw you off a WA/WB line, and see if a safe turn comesI think you are good enough getting 7.75:2, I guess. Close.

Actuary, what are your thoughts on checking the turn?
you know, the more I look and the more I ignore the monsters under the bed persuasion of the initial responses, the more I *know* we are ahead on the flopThus, as played, I don't want to check the turn, esp in case he has a :heart:imo, we forget how powerful that Ace is in our hand. It severly reduces the prob of him being ahead, yet, Say he 3 bets AJ 1/4, AQ 3/4 and Ak 100% of the time. That would be 16 combosNow compare that to TT-KK = 24 combos.Now, if he has a pair with a :club: he "knows" he has the best fd here, as we would cap better pairs.But he also could check the flop, to get a free look at the turn. He might suspect we'll c/r the flop - to charge him to draw, esp if we have AxJh/Th, given if he does not have an Ace, then he should realize A8-AJ makes up a wide part of our range - and we should expect to be ahead. So, I can easily justify him checking the flop with ThTx - KhKxI think what always bets that flop is TT-KK with no heart. (He can bet/fold easily and has no reason to give a free card, and we may fold weak Aces w/o any hearts)I think AJ-AK combos bet a ton of times, esp Non Heart ones (see below, why I think he might check flop with AxJh-AxKh) The more I sit and think, AxJh, AxQh or AxKh, although few combos, seem like a hand he has that is trying to get value.He checks the flop to keep Hero from folding non heart 88, TT. And to extract value when we lead with weaker Aces on the turn.His turn raise is a bit of a risk with 88/99 being a part of our range; but certainly makes sense if he has AQ/AK (esp Kh/Qh). It can also look like a semi bluff / free showdown raise and we might call down lighter. Now, is he raising worse hands, like QhQx, KhKx, JhJx enough to off set the times he played Ax(Jh-Kh) like this. He has reason to play JhJx-KhKx this way, obv, just look at the posts above. In all, I still think there are enough combos we are ahead getting 3:1. I no longer think we are ahead though, because at least 1/2 of those TT-KK hands are betting the flop, 100%. And I think hands like AxQh and AxKh are actually the most likely to be played this way on the turn, while JhJx-KhKx most likely on the flop. So, I call down, but with less enthusiasmBack to checking the turn...I think his flop check signals a heart in his hand a good bit of the time. That combined with the fact we are "ahead on combos", makes me defintiely want to bet the turn.And, I think there are enough hands in his range still, to not b/f.

I put him on big pocket pair, and he's waiting for a safe turn to bet. As for my actions, it depends on how sure I am thats what he's got... Without knowledge, i'm probably calling down

im c/f a heart river, but c/c anything else. He could be making a raise here with a really wide range of hands, he might have KhKx here.