david oppenheim accepts daniels challenge

Why don't you all just start your own forum where you can bicker like 14 year old girls.  It's a miracle that guys like Steve post here in the first place.  It's honestly getting pathetic and way too annoying at this point.  Please just stop and stick to poker.  You have a thread where one pro is accepting another pro's challenge to play heads up for a huge sum of money, and you all turned it into a censored match.
STFU Gew! (SW).I try to talk poker. Those other panty-waists don't. I post something relevant to poker and they chime in with "shut up" and "you are the village idiot". People always seem so threatened by people whom are both smart and funny. I've had to deal with losers like these my whole life. Used to it.Whatever.PS: Oppenheim would WHOOP Daniels a$$. He'll punish DN so much that DN would beg for Michel Moore to finish playing for him.(SW)
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you all just start your own forum where you can bicker like 14 year old girls.  It's a miracle that guys like Steve post here in the first place.  It's honestly getting pathetic and way too annoying at this point.  Please just stop and stick to poker.  You have a thread where one pro is accepting another pro's challenge to play heads up for a huge sum of money, and you all turned it into a censored match.
It's called "bumping".Hope this helps.
Ok, fine. I didn't mind the bumping with the funny Eskimo pictures, but the "STFU" bumps and the bickering causes more harm than good. At least try to be funny or something.
It's called "bumping".Hope this helps.
Ok, fine. I didn't mind the bumping with the funny Eskimo pictures, but the "STFU" bumps and the bickering causes more harm than good. At least try to be funny or something.
he is trying, thats the sad part.
PS:  Oppenheim would WHOOP Daniels a$$.  He'll punish DN so much that DN would beg for Michel Moore to finish playing for him.(SW)
okay, I know you're being sarcastic, but David will probably give daniel an extremely hard time. They both play a lot of hands and are very aggressive when in a pot. Daivd however can be like a howitzer when he really wants a pot, should be interesting

Regardless of the outcome (eventhough I give the slight edge to DN, but admit I have no idea what I'm talking about) I think this event would be incredibly entertaining to watch. If and when it goes down, I'm gonna want updates. Maybe DN could get his assistant, Travis I think it is, to update on the forum for him during the match. Just a thought. Can't wait for DN to get back from TO to respond to the challenge...

I think the winner will end up being whoever catches a sneaky monster first, or whoever catches up on the river first.Ice

and JFarrel manages to turn another otherwise fine thread into a flame war. YOu sure have a knack for it buddy...
Shut the Fuck up Sickboy.JK.By the way, did you play in a $5+$1 3-table NLHE SNG last night on Party Poker? I played with a guy by that name last night. Was it you? You were sitting in the bottom left-hand corner I believe...I'm sure I could pull up the hand history later tonight when I get home and verify.

If you guys want to bump this thread, that's fine. Lets try and do it with something like..........your opinion on who would win the match. For those of you that don't know. David is an extremely good limit hold em player. He is considered by most people in the poker world to be one of the top 3-5 ever. It's not a coincidence that this was the event that was chosen. But again, who do you think would win? Don't let my opinions sway you. It's just my opinion.

If you guys want to bump this thread, that's fine. Lets try and do it with something like..........your opinion on who would win the match. For those of you that don't know. David is an extremely good limit hold em player. He is considered by most people in the poker world to be one of the top 3-5 ever. It's not a coincidence that this was the event that was chosen.  But again, who do you think would win? Don't let my opinions sway you. It's just my opinion.
How high a limit game does David play normally out of curiosity? 300-600ish?
If you guys want to bump this thread, that's fine. Lets try and do it with something like..........your opinion on who would win the match. For those of you that don't know. David is an extremely good limit hold em player. He is considered by most people in the poker world to be one of the top 3-5 ever. It's not a coincidence that this was the event that was chosen.  But again, who do you think would win? Don't let my opinions sway you. It's just my opinion.
How high a limit game does David play normally out of curiosity? 300-600ish?
higher

wow, steve, I just don't know to be honest. Limit HE is both of these players best game and both play very aggressive. I think David is one of the few players out there that would give Daniel hell at LHE

I think I'm going to look stupid for asking this, but is Steve somone I  should know?Dutch.
No, you're not going to look stupid at all. I post here every so often. And I've been playing poker primarily in LA for the last eight years. I've had some great mentors and friends who were pretty successful poker players in the general publics eyes. Aside from that, I'm just a player.
wow, steve, I just don't know to be honest. Limit HE is both of these players best game and both play very aggressive. I think David is one of the few players out there that would give Daniel hell at LHE
Actually, didn't Daniel say he was pretty rusty at LHE. I don't know if it's his best game.
Hey Eskimo...this is Ellix Powers.  I'm using JFarrell20's computer b/c I don't own one.  I just have to say..."You poor, poor b.astard."Tell you what, we'll go halfsies on a McGriddle.  Then we'll play for anywhere between 100p and 500p  (P = pennies).  Under one condition...don't call me down with Jack high.  No wait!  Do!Signed,E-to-the-Power-of-llix.
I for one am extremely excited about these future heads-up matches BUT these posts are classic. ALL of them. LMAO!!

I hate to be a killjoy, but the structure I think really favors Daniel, here, and helps close the gap. Daniel's an incredible limit player, but I still think Mr. O is better. Sadly, this is the kind of thing that probably won't suss itself out during a 30bet variance. If I had to handicap the two, I'd venture a guess that it's something like 53-47 or 52-48, which is very VERY significant, but not a big enough edge to predict the winner of one match with any statistical certainty. My money goes on David, but I think it could be a very interesting (and quicK!) match. Ice

David, from my limited knowledge of his game, seems to be surprisingly more aggressive than Daniel. BUT Daniel's uncany ability to read and feel his opponent could over time turn David's aggressive style against him. This is a coin-flip, I hate to be on the fence but this is a tough one..........Thank God it will most likely take place. I would have to go with DN though.

David, from my limited knowledge of his game, seems to be surprisingly more aggressive than Daniel. BUT Daniel's uncany ability to read and feel his opponent could over time turn David's aggressive style against him. This is a coin-flip, I hate to be on the fence but this is a tough one..........Thank God it will most likely take place. I would have to go with DN though.
We have to keep in mind that reading ability goes down in structured limit games. The pressures of huge bets can cause some people to give off huge tells (and pros somewhat subtle ones) in NL games. In limit, those pressures go away, as does the number of tells.
David and I actually had a great talk about heads up poker. I don't want to get into too many details. But, I learned a lot in our conversation. He took a look at my post about heads up poker, and some of the responses that I made from it. He then explained to me, some addtitional fundamentals that I clearly was not aware of. Daniel has also talked to me about heads up poker some time ago. It would definitely be a great match.

hi daniel , this is titanic thompson. Because i am dead i dont have a computer but posessed the pokerghosts computer to offer u this proposition bet. Ill bet u my dead dog can beat u heads up in lim O8b, ill lay u 10 to 1 on it. Cmon throw me a bone here!

I think most of us really have no idea who would win this match as I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people here have not played against either player much less both players. I think for a headsup match, anything can happen really, which makes it difficult to handicap in the first place.Steve, I'm curious as to what are these headsup principles that you've learned from Daniel and David. Please share some of them if you feel comfortable doing so. I personally play a lot of shorthanded poker, headsup a lot and I happen to enjoy it very much. The game just becomes so much more psychological and it's not about the cards anymore. I feel controlled aggression is the best way to go for the most part. I find opponents very often stuck in 1 gear, either too aggressive or not enough. Personally, I like to have every gear and play my hands differently very often to throw my opponents off. Of course, it all depends on your opponent, if hes a weak player, sticking to a simple strategy will do the job just fine.