david oppenheim accepts daniels challenge

hi daniel , this is titanic thompson. Because i am dead i dont have a computer but posessed the pokerghosts computer to offer u this proposition bet. Ill bet u my dead dog can beat u heads up in lim O8b, ill lay u 10 to 1 on it. Cmon throw me a bone here!
the joke died, along with your sense of humor, a page ago. Eskimo Clarke joke, funny. your joke, weak and lame. how about you start telling us some vanilla ice jokes
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the Wynn on the evening of May 13th at about 7:00pm. Since I have several matches lines up, I'll play the first person that arrives there.
dont forget to bring Travis to post us some hands/info. :club:
I will be at the Wynn on the evening of May 13th at about 7:00pm. Since I have several matches lines up, I'll play the first person that arrives there.
OK, I'll be there at 6:59 with 100K, and by 100K I mean monopoly money. Look for me, I'll be the guy with the big tell, reading Poker for Dummies.Can't wait.
I will be at the Wynn on the evening of May 13th at about 7:00pm.  Since I have several matches lines up, I'll play the first person that arrives there.
What matches do you have lined up?
I will be at the Wynn on the evening of May 13th at about 7:00pm.  Since I have several matches lines up, I'll play the first person that arrives there.
I'll let Dave know. I'm pretty sure that he'll be out there on Tuesday for the PPT.
DN you are the man. I only wish I could make this statement. Good Luck, it seems you have placed a target dead on your forehead. My money is on you.
I think most of us really have no idea who would win this match as I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people here have not played against either player much less both players.  I think for a headsup match, anything can happen really, which makes it difficult to handicap in the first place.Steve, I'm curious as to what are these headsup principles that you've learned from Daniel and David.  Please share some of them if you feel comfortable doing so.  I personally play a lot of shorthanded poker, headsup a lot and I happen to enjoy it very much.  The game just becomes so much more psychological and it's not about the cards anymore.  I feel controlled aggression is the best way to go for the most part.  I find opponents very often stuck in 1 gear, either too aggressive or not enough.  Personally, I like to have every gear and play my hands differently very often to throw my opponents off.  Of course, it all depends on your opponent, if hes a weak player, sticking to a simple strategy will do the job just fine.
I'm really not the one to be asking. I know that sounds ironic. If I were you, I would make a post and try and get Daniel to voice his opinion about heads up play. A player that is willing to play virtually anyone in a heads up match for the tune of 100-500k can certainly give better advice than I can.
I think most of us really have no idea who would win this match as I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people here have not played against either player much less both players. I think for a headsup match, anything can happen really, which makes it difficult to handicap in the first place.Steve, I'm curious as to what are these headsup principles that you've learned from Daniel and David. Please share some of them if you feel comfortable doing so. I personally play a lot of shorthanded poker, headsup a lot and I happen to enjoy it very much. The game just becomes so much more psychological and it's not about the cards anymore. I feel controlled aggression is the best way to go for the most part. I find opponents very often stuck in 1 gear, either too aggressive or not enough. Personally, I like to have every gear and play my hands differently very often to throw my opponents off. Of course, it all depends on your opponent, if hes a weak player, sticking to a simple strategy will do the job just fine.
I'm really not the one to be asking. I know that sounds ironic. If I were you, I would make a post and try and get Daniel to voice his opinion about heads up play. A player that is willing to play virtually anyone in a heads up match for the tune of 100-500k can certainly give better advice than I can.
Although Daniel can give better advice than you, it is more useful if it is coming from you since your playing level is closer to ours than ours to his [no offense to you ;-)]Thus, what ideas did David and Daniel points out that were incorrect? Or what enlightent concepts did you learn? Don't worry if you make a mistake or two. Daniel and David can correct you! Of course, if you don't like answering, it's all good. But thanks in advance!
Although Daniel can give better advice than you, it is more useful if it is coming from you since your playing level is closer to ours than ours to his [no offense to you ;-)]Thus, what ideas did David and Daniel points out that were incorrect? Or what enlightent concepts did you learn? Don't worry if you make a mistake or two. Daniel and David can correct you! Of course, if you don't like answering, it's all good. But thanks in advance!
no, steve's playing level is closer to daniel's than ours. He's good friends with Mr.Oppenheim and has played against a bunch of other high stakes players. I have a solid guess as to what limits he plays and trust me he is as close to us as a Yugo is to a BMW :-) , which is to not to say that he is exalted or anything, steve's just damn good
no, steve's playing level is closer to daniel's than ours.
I would assume so since I am asking Steve for ideas on how to play heads-up.
He's good friends with Mr.Oppenheim and has played against a bunch of other high stakes players. I have a solid guess as to what limits he plays and trust me he is as close to us as a Yugo is to a BMW :-) , which is to not to say that he is exalted or anything, steve's just damn good
Perhaps it is more politically correct for me to say his playing level is closer to mine than mine is to Daniel's.
no, steve's playing level is closer to daniel's than ours.
I would assume so since I am asking Steve for ideas on how to play heads-up.
He's good friends with Mr.Oppenheim and has played against a bunch of other high stakes players. I have a solid guess as to what limits he plays and trust me he is as close to us as a Yugo is to a BMW :-) , which is to not to say that he is exalted or anything, steve's just damn good
Perhaps it is more politically correct for me to say his playing level is closer to mine than mine is to Daniel's.
its all good, I just wanted to use the yugo analogy real bad once I saw the post :-)
You got to stream these matches from the Wynn and charge a fee for them too.........Imho
Who are you? Daniel's Agent?
No. I just want the Wynn to stream videos and for fcp to provide poker action from the Wynn. I just wanted them to know I would pay. I don't expect somethin for nothin. Thats all. :wink:

Ok, so I didn't really read the thread after DN's post. I'll be there that night, but only after an event I'm attending for my best friend. I hope he's still around playing when I get done later that evening. I hope something cool is still going on when I arrive. Viva Las Vegas. Go Daniel Go!!!

no, steve's playing level is closer to daniel's than ours. He's good friends with Mr.Oppenheim and has played against a bunch of other high stakes players. I have a solid guess as to what limits he plays and trust me he is as close to us as a Yugo is to a BMW :-) , which is to not to say that he is exalted or anything, steve's just damn good
Initially, with the analogies given, I was going to call myself a Honda. But, I think I'm more like an Acura. Which is the hi-line of Honda. I'm dependable, a great value, and can be trusted. In addition, I do have some extra bells and whistles, and a hint of luxury. But I'm not anywhere near the class of David Oppenheim or Daniel Negreanu. I view myself as a good, strong player, with incredible potential that has not been realized yet. I'm aware of that. And hopefully with time, patience and some help, I will become a world class player one day. I have a lot of drive in me (no pun intended). In terms of where I rank here. If it was between the majority of posters and David and Daniel. I really haven't seen anyone here play. I have seen both David and Daniel in action. So I know that I'm simply outclassed by those guys. Not all poker stars are the same though. Plenty of so called tournament pros are not exactly the greatest live game players I have sat down with. Anyway, enough about that. We all need to work on are game, in one way or another. Good Luck.
  • 1 year later...
Initially, with the analogies given, I was going to call myself a Honda. But, I think I'm more like an Acura. Which is the hi-line of Honda. I'm dependable, a great value, and can be trusted. In addition, I do have some extra bells and whistles, and a hint of luxury.
Quoted for future use. Mark