Biloxury Episode 2 (fr) (2/5)

Beau Rivage 2/5 NLHE (9-handed)UTG $400Cobalt $460MP2 $1400Button $300SB $500BB $1200Cobalt is UTG+1 w/ :D:club:. Game has been loose-passive pre-flop. I'm probably viewed as TAG or even weak-tight. MP2 is an aggressive, fairly competent cocky frat-boy type. He's definitely a winning player, but he probably thinks he's better than he is. Button is a loose-cannon/maniac that can't seem to help bluffing for big bets.Pre-flop:UTG calls, Cobalt calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop ($30): :ts:D :D (6 players)SB checks, BB checks, Cobalt bets $20, MP2 raises to $50, Button calls, 2 folds, Cobalt callsTurn ($180): :5c (3 players)Cobalt checks, MP2 checks, Button checksRiver ($180): :4h (3 players)Cobalt checks(note: MP2 was attempting to bet out of turn...not noticing that I hadn't checked)

One of the blinds got lost durign hh.What was your reasoning for not betting sth like 75 on the turn? Both players might have come along for implied odds with a fd. Also JT and QJ have a hard time folding.On the river, are you trying to induce a bluff?My though process would be that jacks with weak kickers at these stakes would check behind or call a tiny bet.Bluffy players might try to raise a minbet but fold to a reraise anyway.So I would try and toss out a "I missed the flush" weak bet.

k i could debate flop action but i kinda like it in the sense that we want spades rolling along and we pretty much have a stranglehold on a jack. i bet the turn to pump the pot. i have to been in the mindset that i am looking at spades and a jack or spades and spades. i can't afford to let this go c/c/c.river is fine based on ur tell that MP is betting

OOP i prefer leading into them on the turn,1) It makes your hand pretty hard to read.2) It means the turn isn't checked through.3) You're betting the 3 of diamonds which obviously hasn't improved your hand, any hand that they hand on the flop will probably be continuing past the turn imo.This is pretty poor reasoning, but for some reason i just think betting the turn is better than checking, probably being results orientated though as i know it gets checked through.

I always fill the pot early when I'm underfull. It seems to work out for the best. I don't know why. Anyway, I'm repopping right then and there on the flop. I'm betting the turn. If the villain is cocked and loaded for a bet on the river as described, I CRAI or for a PSB at least.
Beau Rivage 2/5 NLHE (9-handed)UTG $400Cobalt $460MP2 $1400Button $300SB $500BB $1200Cobalt is UTG+1 w/ :D:club:. Game has been loose-passive pre-flop. I'm probably viewed as TAG or even weak-tight. MP2 is an aggressive, fairly competent cocky frat-boy type. He's definitely a winning player, but he probably thinks he's better than he is. Button is a loose-cannon/maniac that can't seem to help bluffing for big bets.Pre-flop:UTG calls, Cobalt calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop ($30): :ts:D :D (6 players)SB checks, BB checks, Cobalt bets $20, MP2 raises to $50, Button calls, 2 folds, Cobalt callsTurn ($180): :5c (3 players)Cobalt checks, MP2 checks, Button checksRiver ($180): :4h (3 players)Cobalt checks(note: MP2 was attempting to bet out of turn...not noticing that I hadn't checked)
Super passive with a boat again. I think you reraise this flop. Since you just call, I am ok with the check on the turn. MP2 looks to be on a draw when he checks behind. And if there are any bets on the river, you gotta reraise the river.
k i could debate flop action but i kinda like it in the sense that we want spades rolling along and we pretty much have a stranglehold on a jack. i bet the turn to pump the pot. i have to been in the mindset that i am looking at spades and a jack or spades and spades. i can't afford to let this go c/c/c.river is fine based on ur tell that MP is betting
What was your reasoning for not betting sth like 75 on the turn? Both players might have come along for implied odds with a fd. Also JT and QJ have a hard time folding.On the river, are you trying to induce a bluff?My though process would be that jacks with weak kickers at these stakes would check behind or call a tiny bet.Bluffy players might try to raise a minbet but fold to a reraise anyway.So I would try and toss out a "I missed the flush" weak bet.
You were the first to point it out, but I suppose most everyone else agrees with you about donking the turn. It's an interesting proposal. For me, donking is such a rare play in my arsenal that it didn't really occur to me. I really felt like I was looking at some combo of Jx's and FD's. In either case, I didn't really mind giving potential free cards since the FD's were drawing dead and the Jx's were drawing slim.Absolutely trying to induce a bluff on the river. Also, if someone does have trip jacks there, I couldn't imagine them checking twice.I think one difficulty in this hand is my weak-tight image. The fact that I bet and continued in the hand was likely to set off some alarm bells.

Apparently these weren't altogether interesting, so I'll just go ahead with the reveals...The river checked through, Button mucked his busted flush draw, and MP2 tried to triumphantly show his TT before getting the bad news. Part of me questioned the way I played it...but I'm not sure how I could've squeezed more money out unless I'd donked the turn.