Biloxury Episode 1 (fr) (2/5)

Beau Rivage 2/5 NLHE (8-handed)Cobalt $490Button $850SB $400BB $450Cobalt is UTG+1 w/ :4h:D. We're still early in the session (probably two orbits in), but I probably appear a little looser than typical as I've had some playable hands. That said, I've only been particularly aggressive once...where I took down the pot with a flop semi-bluff raise. Button seems like a competent younger guy of the TAG variety, but I haven't developed a full read. Blinds are donkish.Pre-flop:1 fold, Cobalt raises to $20, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop ($80): :club::D:ts (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Cobalt bets $60, Button raises to $160, 2 folds, Cobalt ?

Ok. Even if Hero is seen as agressive and it is a resonable move to try and push him of the hand with any two cards, villain might have just flopped it here.I am not coming over the top here with TPTK hoping for a split and basically no outs if behind. But I fold too much anyway.

That's a smallish raise, but I think I'm going to let him have it. We have one pair out of position against a coordinated board facing aggression from a tight player.

Beau Rivage 2/5 NLHE (8-handed)Cobalt $490Button $850SB $400BB $450Cobalt is UTG+1 w/ :4h:D. We're still early in the session (probably two orbits in), but I probably appear a little looser than typical as I've had some playable hands. That said, I've only been particularly aggressive once...where I took down the pot with a flop semi-bluff raise. Button seems like a competent younger guy of the TAG variety, but I haven't developed a full read. Blinds are donkish.Pre-flop:1 fold, Cobalt raises to $20, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop ($80): :club::D:ts (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Cobalt bets $60, Button raises to $160, 2 folds, Cobalt ?
He could be on a draw trying for a free card, or he could have you with a better hand. He has postion on you as well. All you have is top pair and none of your suit on the board. This is a very tough situation. It depends very much on your opponent. You labeled him as tight aggressive. You are going to have to make a decision based on your read of the opponnet. Your stack size is fairly small and at these bet sizes you can get pot commited very quickly. I don't know... as drawy as that board is, he could very well be betting a draw. I think I would call here. I would watch him as I make the call to see how much he likes it. Does it make him uncomfortable? Try to pick up a tell. If a flush or straight hit the turn, then you can be a little more willing to let it go if he bets. If no draw card comes on the turn, I think I check and if he bets I reraise him all in. You have a pretty good hand at this point. If he checks behind on the turn, you go through the same decision process on the river.
i fold face up which should help ur image.
How does this help your image except to let everyone know you will lay down TPTK to a reraise? I would not show this.
Is there a result on this one? I'm curious what you did and why.
How does this help your image except to let everyone know you will lay down TPTK to a reraise? I would not show this.
we can ass-rape the table with aggression if we show this going to the muck ... which I wouldn't (show) ... but if we did, that's what we could do ... until they caught on ...
we can ass-rape the table with aggression if we show this going to the muck ... which I wouldn't (show) ... but if we did, that's what we could do ... until they caught on ...
Yes you could do that. But not if they are willing to be more aggressive than you which they might be if they know you laydown premium hands.
Shoving here is terrible, considering the button's TAG style. I don't see him calling a 3-bet with hands worse than ours.
So you don't think he could be getting aggressive with a draw or somethink like JJ?

A FD is definitely a possibility; I can't see JJ being played like this. I just think that if we shove here, we're going to be behind when we're called most of the time.

A FD is definitely a possibility; I can't see JJ being played like this. I just think that if we shove here, we're going to be behind when we're called most of the time.
If you are called yes...

I probably fold here, you might be losing some value, but there isn't a whole lot of value in continuing, reraising seems silly to me because all hands you beat are going to fold, and all hands that crush you are going to call.Your hand has no draw to a better hand, so calling doesn't make sense, you are OOP which makes it almost certain you are going to be facing a big bet on the turn.get away cheap IMHO

I probably fold here, you might be losing some value, but there isn't a whole lot of value in continuing, reraising seems silly to me because all hands you beat are going to fold, and all hands that crush you are going to call.Your hand has no draw to a better hand, so calling doesn't make sense, you are OOP which makes it almost certain you are going to be facing a big bet on the turn.get away cheap IMHO
You know No Neck, there is a lot of wisdom in what you say here. Absolutely nothing wrong with folding in this situation and probably the best path. For me, I will know I have arrived when I can lay this hand down like that.

Interesting that of the three hands I posted, this one's gotten the most discussion. I considered this one the "easiest" of them, so that may be why. We seem to mostly be in agreement that folding here's probably best. To be honest, I didn't really consider calling due to the possibility of a lot of terrible turns and rivers and being out of position. It seemed to be a fold or shove. If I shoved, I felt like I'd be dumping huge amounts of money in where if he called, he had me stomped or I was flipping.

does anyone check this flop?
Intriguing notion, and it did occur to me later for the sake of pot-control on a dangerous board. That said, 4-ways with two checkers and as draw-heavy as it is, I think I'm typically betting.

As I folded, I didn't have too much further in the way of results. I asked villain a while later. He claimed to have had a flush and open-ended straight draw...which seems to me that it'd have to be an open-ended straight flush draw. Regardless, I felt okay about not having raced.