Minnesota Wild Fanclub

jesus christ, I'm starting to believe what the article is saying now. You are UP 2-1 and you bitching more than anyone. Again, I guess you miss the inifinty times A wild player just jump on top of forsberg and either a) nobody get a penalty or B) the Wild player and forsberg get one.Yes, the officiating sucks but it isnt going in anyones favor
did you read what you just bolded? he said that the avs were getting favourable calls as well the wild getting away with some, essentially negating any advantage the refs are giving either team.i think munro is right about you always posting like you're in an argument.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you read what you just bolded? he said that the avs were getting favourable calls as well the wild getting away with some, essentially negating any advantage the refs are giving either team.i think munro is right about you always posting like you're in an argument.
Ah, touche, I did misread that my bad.
This has been some great hockey. I came to party late for my love of hockey. I grew up in the northwest where there isn't much in the way of NHL action. So now that I live in Minnesota I have learned what a great game it is. I was fortunate to use work connections to get press passes for the last 3 Wild home games this year and it was amazing. The playoffs has added plenty of grey hair so far with the 3 OT games. Last night was pretty horrible from an officiating stand point. Plenty of missed calls that should have gone against MN and some pretty phantom calls that went in favor of AVS but that is expected on the road. What was really sad was column in the Denver Post talked about how bad Wild hockey is and calling them goons. Just sour grapes and a total joke. Check it out HERE. Pretty sad journalism but whatever.
That is one of the WORST articles I have EVER read. It is incredibly one-sided and appears to be just complete rambling, and nothing more. What a baby.

Well I see that wonderful performance made this thread awful quiet. The boys just didn't have it tonight. Made some brutal turnovers early and they just can't do that with a team that has such a potent offense. That game could have easily seen Colorado score 9 of 10 goals. While I do not think that it was a deciding factor in the game, the officials in tonights game were just awful. More phantom calls, justified im sure to try and keep things from getting worse (which didn't work) and seeing the Wild rack up a recond number of penalty minutes. I think the refs should have just let a fight go other the Velliuex and Lappy. I think it would have gotten out of the system. I have a bad feeling that some of this is gonna carry over to Thursday night. Hopefully none of the four men working the game will be back in this series. (If I am not mistaken it was the same crew from the Monday?) So back to the Xcel and now its best 2 outta 3. Should be fun.

This has been some great hockey. I came to party late for my love of hockey. I grew up in the northwest where there isn't much in the way of NHL action. So now that I live in Minnesota I have learned what a great game it is. I was fortunate to use work connections to get press passes for the last 3 Wild home games this year and it was amazing. The playoffs has added plenty of grey hair so far with the 3 OT games. Last night was pretty horrible from an officiating stand point. Plenty of missed calls that should have gone against MN and some pretty phantom calls that went in favor of AVS but that is expected on the road. What was really sad was column in the Denver Post talked about how bad Wild hockey is and calling them goons. Just sour grapes and a total joke. Check it out HERE. Pretty sad journalism but whatever.
Where exactly do you mean by Northwest?

That was a horrible game by Minnesota. They couldn't pass or have any puck control. That was not their normal team. They had way too many penalties and deserved most of them. They better go back to the way they played during the year instead of this try to bully teams around crap. I thought they would have started Harding and then thought he would go in after 2 goals, but for whatever reason Lemaire waited until the start of the third to put him in.Colorado played great especially on the power play (4 goals).

SHOTS ON GOAL 1st 2nd 3rd T Colorado 6 8 3 17 Minnesota 17 15 8 40 Backstrom needs to have a little better than 82% save percentage if we are going to get back in this series.

SHOTS ON GOAL 1st 2nd 3rd T Colorado 6 8 3 17 Minnesota 17 15 8 40 Backstrom needs to have a little better than 82% save percentage if we are going to get back in this series.
3 shots in the 3rd....and we scored twice. If Minnesota doesn't wanna get blown out in Game 6, Backstrom is gonna have to find his game, quick.

I was outta town for a family function and wow was that a pile of crap. GG to the Avs. I think some big things need to change on this hockey team. Hopefully that wasn't Rolston's last game in a Wild jersey, but I got a sick feeling last night that it was. Nice of Gabby to finally show up in the score sheet.

Just wanted to comment on the article that was linked..Kizla is a tremendous tool..I want to kick him in the head everytime he writes a hockey article. We all completely ignore him here in Denver..I'd suggest everybody else do the same.

• 5 months later...

Colton Gillies looked pretty good in his debut. I hope they dont send him back down when Craig Weller is healthy. The power play looked good and Im excited about the new faces we brought in. Will be even better when Zidlicky gets in there.

Colton Gillies looked pretty good in his debut. I hope they dont send him back down when Craig Weller is healthy. The power play looked good and Im excited about the new faces we brought in. Will be even better when Zidlicky gets in there.
How did M.A. Bergeron look ? How was his defensive game ? If he can be adequate on defense then his big shot on the PP will really help.
He scored a power play goal looked okay on defense. Hes got a big shot didnt know that.
He's a little guy but he has a big shot and loves to give out big open ice hits if anybody has their heads down.

There is going to be lots of young guys in the lineup tonight. Cal Clutterbuck was in the lineup Thursday and Krys Kolanos is being called up tonight with all the injuries. As long as that line of Koivu-Miettenen-Burnette stays hot I like our chances.

Looks like Kolanos didnt play after all. I heard on the Pondcast that they were calling him up but something must have changed before the game. Ugly game but 2 points is 2 points. I wasnt sure who Lemaire was going to go with in the shootout with Bouchard injured and Nummelin gone but it worked out.

Bouchard and Zidlicky are both skating and Zidlicky sounds like he is a go for Thursday versus the Sabres.Trade rumors are circulating around Marion Gaborik and according to the podcast I get from the Wild talks are in progress. I dont really want to see Marion go but the way his agent makes it sound is that we arent going to be able to resign him so a trade early on in the season might be the way to go.

Bouchard and Zidlicky are both skating and Zidlicky sounds like he is a go for Thursday versus the Sabres.Trade rumors are circulating around Marion Gaborik and according to the podcast I get from the Wild talks are in progress. I dont really want to see Marion go but the way his agent makes it sound is that we arent going to be able to resign him so a trade early on in the season might be the way to go.
Definitely would be crazy, what the hell do you even expect from a Gaborik coming back. You could ask for everything.