• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but I'm from Lincoln, so who the hell else am I going to root for. Essay is a hobo who roots for the best teams, and also likes like alabama and Notre Dame or some shit, so he is a scumbag, just for a

not for kentucky so far.

Naismith was a winner

i guess i'd like a post game out of my franchise center.
yeah, lots of 19 year olds have a refined post games. He was a guard 3 years ago, for god's sake. Stop being a hater, this kid has crazy talent.

There aren't a lot more valuable things in the NBA than a shot blocking five since the hand check rules make keeping quick players out of the lane virtually impossible.Even at 11-12 ppg, Davis should be a monster because he is a lock to be a 12+ rebound guy and anchor your defense. However, his jumper is pretty smooth and he is very coordinated for a center so his offense should only improve with time. Remember, he is only 19.I'm not sure I ever see him as a great one on one scorer in the post but he should get a lot of open 15-18 footers in the pros and he can hit that shot.

There aren't a lot more valuable things in the NBA than a shot blocking five since the hand check rules make keeping quick players out of the lane virtually impossible.Even at 11-12 ppg, Davis should be a monster because he is a lock to be a 12+ rebound guy and anchor your defense. However, his jumper is pretty smooth and he is very coordinated for a center so his offense should only improve with time. Remember, he is only 19.I'm not sure I ever see him as a great one on one scorer in the post but he should get a lot of open 15-18 footers in the pros and he can hit that shot.
He also should be really good in transition beating slower big men down the floor and getting a lot of easy baskets that way.
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Projected starting lineup:

Elijah Johnson (Five Star)

Ben Mclemore (High Four Star)

Travis Releford (Four Star)

Perry Ellis (Five Star)

Jeff "The Stiffey" Withey (Five Star)

this is a very good starting lineup that should be very, very difficult to score on. jeff will lead the nation in blocks and look for ben mclemore to be a lock down defender (as bill self has said that ben could be the best defender he's had since rush and chalmers). offensively the best two scorers are freshman, so hard to say how that will go. but bill said that last year during practice (when ben was ineligible) that ben was the best nba prospect on the floor. ahead of thomas robinson. so there's that. i've seen him projected to be a top ten nba pick after the season. lets hope he plays that way. perry ellis is a stretch four who should remind you of carlos boozer. elijah and travis will stroke from downtown and jeff will score 10-14 a game from his size alone.

probable back-ups are hard to say considering they're almost all true freshman. i'd say nadir tharpe backs up the point, anrio adams and andrew white battle for minutes at the two and three and traylor, peters, lucas, young, and wesley will fight for front court back up minutes. young is the veteran so he'll get the first shot, but look for peters to come on strong. he's a talented 6'10'' freshman from plano, texas. traylor sat out last year too, so he should have a leg up as well.

all in all we're looking at a top five team to start the season. the question is are ben and perry as good as they say; meaning are they future nba players? if they are that gives KU at least 4 future nba players, and that should be enough to win the league again. for the ninth straight year. just let that sink in for a moment. now applaud for bill self and that hair-piece. guy is a legend and i love him.

early game with michigan state should be fun. on november 13 i believe. good test for the freshman, we'll see what they're made of toughness wise. win or lose thats a great game to play because worst case scenario mich st's vets beat the hell out of our freshman and wake them up. but i think we win that one though. so thats good.

billy needs 31 wins to get to 300 in his first ten years at KU. let's all pray to a pretend god that he gets there. that's a hell of an accomplishment and i want him to get it.

some ku fans, on boards i frequent, are worried that ku's recruiting will cost them this season. in the last few years billy has missed on some key recruits and had to settle for our current bench. tharpe and lucas especially have to come through as they are directly on the team because billy missed on future nba stallions that went to arizona (although josiah turner is having real problems lately with not being an idiot). but andrew white is a high four star back up that can really stroke it from downtown and anrio adams also has the reputation of a marksmen. traylor is a bruiser and lucas has talent. so we'll see.

next years class has some real talent coming in. connor frankamp will be the best shooter billy has ever had, and brennan greene will play in the league some day. they need to close a five star big man though, because they missed on their top point guard recruits and had to take a three star. if they land one of the five star stallions they're after and ben and perry return, this team will continue to roll into the future like a freight train, steamrolling all that dares to get in its way.

all in all i love bill self. he's my favorite coach ever, in any sport. i listen to all his press conferences and i'd marry his daughter if he'd let me. i trust in him and have no fears that this team will be good. but even if it slips and maybe doesn't win the conference, that won't get me down. eight straight league titles has spoiled us and that streak will end one day. until then, though, lets enjoy the ride and ROCK CHALK BABY.

i'm done.

While this is intended for basketball, during the game on Saturday people in the first row yelled "fee fi fo fum" everytime Charlie Weiss took a step. I think they threw in some "boom ba ba boom ba ba booms" as well.

• 2 weeks later...

early returns make it sound like kevin young, the senior and former walk-on, would be starting over five-star gatorade national player off the year perry ellis at the 4. this is surprising to me. k young needs to be out there with the freshman back ups to provide some experience to that second unit. keeping perry with the starters takes the pressure off him as well, because he is still the third or fourth best player on the court for the hawks if out there with withey, elijah and ben mcelmore. he won't have to carry the load that way and he should get more open shots playing with the other stallions.

could just be billy self letting perry know he has a lot of work to do. i'd seriously be shocked if mr. ellis isn't starting come next week. but you never know, k young played pretty well last year. but if thats the case, the backups would be four freshman and a sophomore. thats a very in-experienced second five.

if you have four seniors, i think two of them need to be out there at all times. unless up huge of course. but in a close one we can't have a five freshman unit out there. i don't see that being a good idea. but i trust in self.

• 4 months later...

9 straight bay bay. Next year if they get to ten they need to put a statue of billy out front. Gonna lose the whole team again. But I'd bet they do it. This is like golden age of Rome. These last 9 years have been an insane level of consistency. I used to think I'd never love Kansas basketball as much as I love Nebraska football, but they're at least even now. And if pelini doesn't get fired soon Ku might move ahead.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...