This might sound bad and it's not meant to insult you by any means, because I respect your point of view, but one-and-done postseason is just ridiculous and caters to the casual and simple minded fans. I would much rather find out who the best team than who happened to win that day.
I understand it's not usually going to come out with an upset when their is 7 games for the better team to play their best games, but if that's how they do it, you might as well just give the 1 and 2 seeds in the east and west in the NBA a bye. They lose so often that it's almost always a 4-0 or 4-1 sweep.Until Golden State stunned the world against Dallas, I never saw the point of a 1 playing anybody because they never had lost. Still, its like 50-1.Plus, I really do enjoy to see a Cinderella team come out of nowhere and show that they really can hang with the big boys. If Davidson didn't shock Georgetown and Wisconsin and even hang with Kansas, would anybody even be talking about Stephen Curry? I doubt it, but now he's probably going pro.Maybe the NCAA really needs a one-and-done system so that guys that show up big in the post season have a shot at the pros after they show their stuff, and maybe the NBA needs a multi-game system so that they can maximize profit for franchises and show who the true better team is.Meh, who knows. I just genuinely think that the NCAA is a much more exciting league.
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but I'm from Lincoln, so who the hell else am I going to root for. Essay is a hobo who roots for the best teams, and also likes like alabama and Notre Dame or some shit, so he is a scumbag, just for a

not for kentucky so far.

Naismith was a winner

I'd rather see them throw in the towel than foul every possession for the next minute holding on to that 0% chance of them coming back to win.
Did you not play in High School? The 1 in 20 times it works, it's the best feeling in the world to know that you didn't just say **** it, and kept playing and maximized the clock.And I don't know how any sports fan can honestly say they'd rather see a team just quit than give it their all. It's so depressing.
Did you not play in High School? The 1 in 20 times it works, it's the best feeling in the world to know that you didn't just say **** it, and kept playing and maximized the clock.And I don't know how any sports fan can honestly say they'd rather see a team just quit than give it their all. It's so depressing.
No I didn't play in high school and it matters none. It probably is a great feeling, but nobody is coming back from 10 with a minute to go in the NBA. The only reason it works in high school and the NCAA is because they can't shoot free-throws. It's horrible to watch.Also, I wouldn't rather see a team quit rather than give it all. I'd rather see a team realize they are beat and let the game end instead of dragging it out for 5 more unnecessary minutes because you want to hold on to that chance you don't have.
Until Golden State stunned the world against Dallas, I never saw the point of a 1 playing anybody because they never had lost. Still, its like 50-1.
You must have missed that Seattle/Denver series in the 90's.
No I didn't play in high school and it matters none. It probably is a great feeling, but nobody is coming back from 10 with a minute to go in the NBA. The only reason it works in high school and the NCAA is because they can't shoot free-throws. It's horrible to watch.Also, I wouldn't rather see a team quit rather than give it all. I'd rather see a team realize they are beat and let the game end instead of dragging it out for 5 more unnecessary minutes because you want to hold on to that chance you don't have.
The same chance that Kansas didn't just have :club: ?
The same chance that Kansas didn't just have :club: ?
Yes, because being down 9 with 3 minutes to go is the same as being down 10 with 1 to go.This game was just another example of why the NBA is so much better. Horrible play and coaching down the stretch by Memphis.This whole thing started with you saying NBA teams essentially mail in games because they don't need them which is just so dumb.
They play that last two minutes over again and 9 times out of 10 Memphis wins in regulation. Thats why it's exciting though.
Exactly, and that's why I like the NCAA more than the NBA.
Yes, because being down 9 with 3 minutes to go is the same as being down 10 with 1 to go.This game was just another example of why the NBA is so much better. Horrible play and coaching down the stretch by Memphis.This whole thing started with you saying NBA teams essentially mail in games because they don't need them which is just so dumb.
They do. What, do you just argue to argue? NBA teams do pack it in. Do you think that if an NBA team was down 9 with 2 minutes left, not 3 btw, and their were more games left to play in the series, they would play their hearts out like Kansas did? Don't just pull shit out of your ass to argue, because it's true. NBA teams pack games in in the post season because they play series, and series are so much less exciting than the NCAA tournament. And you act like the NBA doesn't have bad coaches. They do, but the NBA coaches are so rarely in these pressure 1-and-done situations, that they are hard pressed to show chances to make quality mistakes.
Don't take this the wrong way people, but I dont give a shit about any of your argument. You know why? I think you do.F390603.jpg
:club:
They do. What, do you just argue to argue? NBA teams do pack it in. Do you think that if an NBA team was down 9 with 2 minutes left, not 3 btw, and their were more games left to play in the series, they would play their hearts out like Kansas did?
NBA teams do not pack it in when they have a chance to win.Quick search...Not even a playoff game, but a regular season game.(Down 10 with 51 seconds left.)
Exactly, and that's why I like the NCAA more than the NBA.They do. What, do you just argue to argue? NBA teams do pack it in. Do you think that if an NBA team was down 9 with 2 minutes left, not 3 btw, and their were more games left to play in the series, they would play their hearts out like Kansas did? Don't just pull shit out of your ass to argue, because it's true. NBA teams pack games in in the post season because they play series, and series are so much less exciting than the NCAA tournament. And you act like the NBA doesn't have bad coaches. They do, but the NBA coaches are so rarely in these pressure 1-and-done situations, that they are hard pressed to show chances to make quality mistakes. :club:
First, this argument started with you saying NBA teams mail in games, then changed it to mailing in games when they essentially have no hope. What you said at first was horribly stupid.Please show me what I "pulled out of my ass" too please, faggot.Yes, there are bad NBA coaches, but they're just that, bad NBA coaches. Even the worst NBA coaches are better in-game coaches than the best NCAA in-game coaches.
NBA teams do not pack it in when they have a chance to win.Quick search...Not even a playoff game, but a regular season game.(Down 10 with 51 seconds left.)
...or this:
Ya, they packed it in, they don't care. They celebrated like they won the championship. A regular season game btw.Also glad NBA isn't one game playoff: Game 1 '95 1st rd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbJUq51I-w...feature=related
Even the worst NBA coaches are better in-game coaches than the best NCAA in-game coaches.
This is the truest statement in the thread.Edit: I don't think there are degrees of truth. Either something is true or it isn't. But, you know what I mean.
Paper cuts in the rectum from a wad of 100's?
sick old bastard probably likes that. I heard about KU's recruiting class today on the radio. Sounds like the twins are pretty sick. One hit ten threes in a game this year. He's 6'10".
sick old bastard probably likes that. I heard about KU's recruiting class today on the radio. Sounds like the twins are pretty sick. One hit ten threes in a game this year. He's 6'10".
I think it's safe to say KU will bring in another national championship if self is around for at least another decade.
I think it's safe to say KU will bring in another national championship if self is around for at least another decade.
Knock on wood. But whether or not they win another title while Billy Self is there, they will be very good, every year. And in the end, a chance to win it year in and year out is really all the fans should want.
  • 2 weeks later...
This would ring truer if Kansas had not just suffered a twenty year drought during which they COULD have won NUMEROUS times. I mean how many times was KU a one seed and flamed out to Rhode Island or whoever. And those really were great teams.NCAA tourney is funny that way. They might have great teams for the next decade and just keep missing for whatever reason.
I just witnessed white owl (KU's resident crazy old man, look on youtube for more info) yelling "you made it rain, dude!!" at mario chalmers in a dining hall on campus. Jeff: starstruck.
Personally I think he's annoying, but what is his deal. Is he homeless, did he go to school here or what?
This would ring truer if Kansas had not just suffered a twenty year drought during which they COULD have won NUMEROUS times. I mean how many times was KU a one seed and flamed out to Rhode Island or whoever. And those really were great teams.NCAA tourney is funny that way. They might have great teams for the next decade and just keep missing for whatever reason.
We will obv. never know until it happens, but different coach=different players=different team. It sucks Mario declared yesterday, but good luck to him. There's still a chance he could come back and a slim chance Arthur could come back if Mario's projection falls to more of a mid 2nd round and if Arthur falls to more of a late 1st round instead of a mid 1st round. It appears that next year we'll have another young, talented team. Other than Collins and Aldrich, nobody next year will have any significant PT from this year. I can't wait to see what they can do.