Fifth hand in the session. Villain and I have folded all of them. I have no prior experience with him.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($30.10)Button ($24.65)SB ($18.75)BB ($25)Hero ($25.15)MP ($25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 2 folds, SB raises to $0.5, Hero raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.Flop: ($3.35) 2club.gif, Theart.gif, 4heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2.2, SB calls $2.20.Turn: ($7.75) Tclub.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: ($7.75) Qclub.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $8, Hero thinks:This has to be a bluff, right? Who the hell check/min-raises the river... oh wait, maybe its a well played value bet and he knew that I would bet if he checked because the Q is in my range... wait, this is .10/.25, few people think at that level, this has to be a bluff, right? Sh*t, I have no clue what to do here...Thanks.

This is a value bet way more than it's ever a bluff.I still call though. I've seen people do this as a bluff sometimes and with worse hands as well.

the preflop description here makes no sense. hero is utg and is 3rd to act, immediately after the small blind?and to add minimal content, it looks like you're crushed. i will randomly guess pocket 4's.

the preflop description here makes no sense. hero is utg and is 3rd to act, immediately after the small blind?
Yeah, the converter effed up... again. Sometimes I hate that damn thing.
He wouldnt do this with QJ. Nor with AQ or KQ.AT or KT would make sense. He did min raise it preflop so it could be AA or KK. I don't call.
The thing is you have to call $4 for what's in the middle $19.75. You have to be pretty damn sure this isn't a missed heart flush. It probably isn't a bluff, but it's worth $4 to find out. Then write down how this guy plays a flopped set.

Thanks for the replies. I almost timed out thinking about the decision, but it just didn't smell right and I was getting crazy good odds to call... so I did and he showed 8-8. Ship it.

so I did and he showed 8-8. Ship it.
People play so weird. Like, wtf was he thinking?"Oh, a queen! Time for the river check/minraise. I can't think of a better play."

i would just call, obv no reason to raise. he doesn't check the river to u if he has the ten.

i would just call, obv no reason to raise. he doesn't check the river to u if he has the ten.
I agree this is a pretty simple call. Strange line and great pot odds makes for an easy decision. Only way I fold is if the player is a huge nit and I've seen them ultra slowplay huge hands before.