• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the way you conducted yourself through that coverage and how you took it afterwards was very very impressive.I thought you were a pro though? Or did you become a pro after/because of this?

How many 'pros' that you know of call KJ o a "big hand" and re-re raise with all in with it when you're 2nd in chips in a big tiurnament? I guess that answers your question.
You've appeared at how many final tables on TV? I guess that answers the question as to how much value your information is providing.Mark is doing fine before, during and after this. He's a very accomplished player. Keep up the good work Mark!
LOL that made me laugh! so you think that random donks who final table are class players? do you even know how much luck there is in MTT's? you are justifiably retarded if thats what you believe!
No, I am just looking at Mark's accomplishments next to yours. I have discussed poker with Mark on several occasions. His thoughts and insights to the game seem to be very good. I've seen you ramble on and spout drivell on this board, and haven't seen you accomplish anything.So yeah, I do have that's what my opinion is based on.
I think the way you conducted yourself through that coverage and how you took it afterwards was very very impressive.I thought you were a pro though? Or did you become a pro after/because of this?
I had been a 'pro' for about 8 months lets say, but I wasn't spectacular and more than half of my income came from other sources. That cash gave me a bunch of money which I used to actually get better :club:
How many 'pros' that you know of call KJ o a "big hand" and re-re raise with all in with it when you're 2nd in chips in a big tiurnament? I guess that answers your question.
Brandon and I had a lot of history before this hand. As I said, we were the only two active players, and had been at the same table from about 4 tables on down, and had verbally gotten into it (not in a bad way, but just like, I'm going to bust you etc etc) a bunch. In the end, I'm ok if people don't like the shovel. I am almost 100% sure he was only getting 2-1 on the call because I spent about 4 mins figuring it out before I shoved and made sure he could fold. Not only does TV edit all that out, but they mess up the chip counts and stuff too. Anyway, I wasn't wrong, and he almost folded about 10 times before he called. It took him about 5 mins to make the call. So, oh well.Mark
I had been a 'pro' for about 8 months lets say, but I wasn't spectacular and more than half of my income came from other sources. That cash gave me a bunch of money which I used to actually get better :)Brandon and I had a lot of history before this hand. As I said, we were the only two active players, and had been at the same table from about 4 tables on down, and had verbally gotten into it (not in a bad way, but just like, I'm going to bust you etc etc) a bunch. In the end, I'm ok if people don't like the shovel. I am almost 100% sure he was only getting 2-1 on the call because I spent about 4 mins figuring it out before I shoved and made sure he could fold. Not only does TV edit all that out, but they mess up the chip counts and stuff too. Anyway, I wasn't wrong, and he almost folded about 10 times before he called. It took him about 5 mins to make the call. So, oh well.Mark
Mark, you don't need to explain yourself to this douche.
Mark, you don't need to explain yourself to this douche.
I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. I'm comfortable with who I am. :club: But I appreciate everyone's defense of me. Like I've said a bunch, I'm ok with the haterade about this hand. I don't regret it, and I think my mindset about not being scared has served me well. I was poker busto when that final table started. If I had a bad world series I would have 99% for sure quit poker. I am also pretty sure nobody else at the final table (other than Carlos and Brandon obv) have been as sucessful as I have, and I think much of that is due to me making the choice that I was going to play like the money didn't matter and not be scared to make a mistake if I thought it made sense. If I made a bad play, I did so for the right reasons. There was another guy at the table, college kid from NY, sitting right to my left. Can't remember his name right now. But like, he was ok you know, and super nice, but he cared about the money. He'll never be sitting next to me playing 10/20NL unless how he thinks changes imo.Mark
I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. I'm comfortable with who I am. :club: But I appreciate everyone's defense of me. Like I've said a bunch, I'm ok with the haterade about this hand. I don't regret it, and I think my mindset about not being scared has served me well. I was poker busto when that final table started. If I had a bad world series I would have 99% for sure quit poker. I am also pretty sure nobody else at the final table (other than Carlos and Brandon obv) have been as sucessful as I have, and I think much of that is due to me making the choice that I was going to play like the money didn't matter and not be scared to make a mistake if I thought it made sense. If I made a bad play, I did so for the right reasons. There was another guy at the table, college kid from NY, sitting right to my left. Can't remember his name right now. But like, he was ok you know, and super nice, but he cared about the money. He'll never be sitting next to me playing 10/20NL unless how he thinks changes imo.Mark
great explanation!
Honestly, I think this is the best explanation you've had about the KJ hand. I know everyone teases Mark about this hand, but it wasn't about what he had, he wasn't playing the cards and he didn't care about the money.
Wait a minute, I watched that WSOP final (table) and to play KJ off(-suit) in that manner is utterly retarded. (This isn't really a declaration) Not to mention the fact that Mark uttered, and I quote, " I have a big hand." I am not defending 'Cuntu,' as his behavior came across as equally retarded, but Mark's play in that situation, with that hand and given the context of the situation was mind boggling stupid. (This last sentence is such a run on it should be totally reworked.) Regards,Broksie Woksie
LOL. You are a pathetic individual! Not only is your limited brain incapable of comprehending the simplest of vocabulary, you defy all levels or stupidity! Just because the idiot posts here you feel a pathetic need to defend him. I have a suggestion for you, you thick cunt. (Again, this isn't really a declaration.) Go suck your dog's willy!
How many 'pros,' that you know of, call KJo a "big hand," and re-re raise all in with it when they're 2nd in chips in a big tournament? I guess that answers your question.
LOL. That made me laugh! (I'll let you get away with the exclamation point here, but the sentence is redundant as the previous one's purpose is also to note that you have laughed.) So you think that random donks, who final table, are class players? Do you even know how much luck there is in MTT's? You are justifiably (Pick a different word. The word, "justifiably," makes no sense in this context.) retarded if thats what you believe! Edit: Using your twisted logic the best player in the world is Jamie Gold because he won the WSOP ME, of course! you spastic! (The last two declarations are semi-nightmarish to rework.)
I went ahead and fixed those posts for you. Feel free to edit your originals. You may also feel free to thank me.

lol @ steve sungs video, he seems so punctual with one word answers, or just not interestd at all in a fly honey interviewing him

I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. I'm comfortable with who I am. :club: But I appreciate everyone's defense of me. Like I've said a bunch, I'm ok with the haterade about this hand. I don't regret itMark
I know how you feel, lol.And I think the call with TT was a lot lot worse than the shove. The way the hand played out, with the table talk and all, I can't see how he thought he was calling against anything less than AK.
How can you not see how fatally flawed your argument is? if you compare Brian Townsend's tournament winnings to Jamie Gold's the results would suggest that Jamie is a superior player,cashing in one big MTT does not make you a great player please can you get this into your thick head! I have read Marks response and as he mentioned television editing does greatly distort the reality of the situation, if the chap genuinely calculated the appropriate permutations of the situation then the play is not nearly as bad. Having said that surely KJ is the worst possible hand to make plays like this? he could have just folded and waited for a better spot to trap Cuntu he would have avoided looking like a complete dunce on a widely watched show. Regards
I see reading compreshension isn't your strong suite either. You didn't read a word I said. If you only knew how silly you look, you'd leave, but you don't so you'll stay.Regards.

Focusing on the strength of Mark's hand means you understand very little about poker. Mark puts Cantu on a mid pair. He thinks that given the stack sizes and pot sizes Cantu can fold that middle pair to a shove. Would you complain if Mark did this with AK? If not then you're completely missing the point. KJ and AK are identical when facing a range of 66-TT.Maybe you can say that Mark shouldn't have put him on a mid-pair. If you were playing with Cantu and at the table this might be a valid point. With reads if you're weren't there you really can't comment.You can say that Cantu wouldn't fold a mid-pair there. If you're familiar with Cantu's play that might be valid. Since he did call that may be a good point.But to continue harping on the fact that Mark held KJ is utterly ridiculous. Not that we'll stop teasing Mark about it.

I do apologise for my coarse language,but I really detest some low life tosser correcting my mechanics on a poker forum. I am an student and I average a 2.1 grade so I really don't care what some loser thinks.If anything it shows him for what he is,an anally retentive spastic, but aside from that its pretty sad "get a life" I believe is the expression you use over there.
Now I think this is someone's joke account! :club:(Unless 2.1 is good or something somewhere and I'm just clueless, which could be)Mark
Wait a minute, I watched that WSOP final and to play KJ off in that manner is utterly retarded! not to mention the fact that Mark uttered,and I quote " I have a big hand". I am not defending 'Cuntu' as his behaviour came across as equally retarded, but Mark's play in that situation with that hand and given the context of the situation was mind boggling stupid. Regards
Would help a lot if you just got off the fence and spoke your mind.yw.

The only thing this thread is missing is the topless picture of mark with the caption.

The only thing this thread is missing is the topless picture of mark with the caption.
Adam and his avatar must be working.Mark
TBH I couldn't really give a proverbial **** what people like you think.I gave my opinion on the play and like the fat retarded idiot that you are,you decided to spout the usual drivel. My advice to you is get some liposuction and put yourself on the brain transplant waiting list. LOL
See you continue to make personal insults. You forget that this is supposed to be a civil discussion board. You insult to make yourself feel better and then when people play back at you, you make even more outlandish remarks.Talk about the hand and not personal insults and you'd begin to not look like a complete D-Bag. As it stands now, you have not given a single good post in this thread. Please stop.