Question About A Stake

25%..............Agree on %'s beforehand in the future though.
oh i now always set the "rules" before a stake it was just a conversation another fcper and i had and they wanted 50/50 of total as the staker. and i wanted 75%/25% as the player. obv i didn't make the deal of the stake cuz i thought i was getting ripped off.
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, first keep in mind I've had some beers tonight and am kinda buzzing.2nd, this shouldn't even be a thread, when dude says "sure I'll give you 10 bucks" he should follow that with "but we'll split your winnings this way:... " where the ... is, is where he describes what happens if buddy wins, then before the money is given to him they both agree on that.So anyway, in my head, bunch of friends are playing sit n go, but dude only brings $10 with him. He busts, and unfortunately can't get back in the game unless someone helps him. So he says "hey can someone hook me up with a tenspot?" Then dude says "yeah fo shizzy ma nizzy".Then they play some mo' and dudezor takes it down for a hundo bonowskis. Sweet.Oh wait though, dudeski numero doce wants his share. "Hey man hook me up with some dizzle fo shizzle". "Sure mang, here's 20 bones". "Whoa mang, that ain't enough, you were goneskis if I didn't help you out, I deserve a little mo'.""No way dude, I won get on your boat and take off you hoser".Anyway, my point is, that since dude 1 didn't bring enough money, he shouldn't even be playing anymore. Dude 2 helped him stay in the game and have more fun (fun is what it's all about after all.) This isn't like a regular predetermined stake deal where each should get 50%. Guy 2 risked $10 to have the starting stack again (avg stack has gone up while others knock out donks like guy 1), and guy 1 doesn't even have $20, so God help him if he ever got his hands on $100. Umm yeah, that's all I got. 75%
Holy shit, and I thought I was confused before
heres how i do the mathso Player pays 1st $10 which is his. Staker pays next $10 as a standard stake.so player has 1/2 and staker has 50/50 on 2nd stake.so when player cashes for $100 split it as players 1/2 and stakers 1/2so now staker has his half of $50 which was a standard 50/50which 1/2 of his $50 would be $25.doesnayone else crunch the numbers like this or am i way off?thanks great input so far
WHAT U DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT IN A STANDARD STAKE U KNOW HOW MUCH THE PERSON WON WITH UR MONEY!!in this case u dont know how much the player won with the first $10 or how much he won with the second $10.. therefore take the total profit (100 - 20 = 80)... divide that by 2 (80/2 = 40)... add his stake (40 + 10 = $50)....THEREFORE STAKER GETS $50 AND PLAYER GETS $50....
Ok, first keep in mind I've had some beers tonight and am kinda buzzing.2nd, this shouldn't even be a thread, when dude says "sure I'll give you 10 bucks" he should follow that with "but we'll split your winnings this way:... " where the ... is, is where he describes what happens if buddy wins, then before the money is given to him they both agree on that.So anyway, in my head, bunch of friends are playing sit n go, but dude only brings $10 with him. He busts, and unfortunately can't get back in the game unless someone helps him. So he says "hey can someone hook me up with a tenspot?" Then dude says "yeah fo shizzy ma nizzy".Then they play some mo' and dudezor takes it down for a hundo bonowskis. Sweet.Oh wait though, dudeski numero doce wants his share. "Hey man hook me up with some dizzle fo shizzle". "Sure mang, here's 20 bones". "Whoa mang, that ain't enough, you were goneskis if I didn't help you out, I deserve a little mo'.""No way dude, I won get on your boat and take off you hoser".Anyway, my point is, that since dude 1 didn't bring enough money, he shouldn't even be playing anymore. Dude 2 helped him stay in the game and have more fun (fun is what it's all about after all.) This isn't like a regular predetermined stake deal where each should get 50%. Guy 2 risked $10 to have the starting stack again (avg stack has gone up while others knock out donks like guy 1), and guy 1 doesn't even have $20, so God help him if he ever got his hands on $100. Umm yeah, that's all I got. 75%
I retract everything I said and firmly stand behind this posthuh... huh huh .....huh He said firmly huh... huh huh...huh
WHAT U DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT IN A STANDARD STAKE U KNOW HOW MUCH THE PERSON WON WITH UR MONEY!!in this case u dont know how much the player won with the first $10 or how much he won with the second $10.. therefore take the total profit (100 - 20 = 80)... divide that by 2 (80/2 = 40)... add his stake (40 + 10 = $50)....THEREFORE STAKER GETS $50 AND PLAYER GETS $50....
I like how you continue to word the wrong thing in different ways every post.....Its cute
that is exectly how conversation went down fo shizzle. lol funniest conversation reanactment ever IMObut no we didn't do stake we talked about it long before sng started.

The long and short of it, (like a wang lol)is that this isn't a regular stake. Normally 50/50 is good for most people on staker buying 100% of action, so you guys think that obv staker buying 50% should be 25. But you forget that dudezor already busted once on his own dime. So now avg chip stack is up to 1750 but guy gets to start again at 1000. Well now he's got a worse chance of winning and staker is giving up tons of equity for only 25%. Realistically he should get 50% minimum.

You're so helpful to this thread. I think everyone should recognize that.
I like how you continue to word the wrong thing in different ways every post.....Its cute
its actually the same thing in every post.. i cant believe u can even write on a keyboard.. this is basic logic.. 75/25 makes absolutely no sense...this thread shouldve ended in one post.. its so simple...

LOL drunk ray.standard practice would be 25 bucks to staker, 75 to player. they each invested half, so it's half of normal stake in terms of payout.done.but it's retarded to stake someone in a rebuy and then not say that you'll pay for them to give them the best chance of winning. staker=dumbsauce, and any confusion caused by this situation rests entirely on his/her dumb-ass shoulders, imo. :club:

that is exectly how conversation went down fo shizzle. lol funniest conversation reanactment ever IMObut no we didn't do stake we talked about it long before sng started.
If that's the case, dude should pay 5 bucks, then if dude busts, 5 bucks again for the 2nd buyin. If you talked about it long before it started, you should both know how much each other gets before the tourney even starts.
The long and short of it, (like a wang lol)is that this isn't a regular stake. Normally 50/50 is good for most people on staker buying 100% of action, so you guys think that obv staker buying 50% should be 25. But you forget that dudezor already busted once on his own dime. So now avg chip stack is up to 1750 but guy gets to start again at 1000. Well now he's got a worse chance of winning and staker is giving up tons of equity for only 25%. Realistically he should get 50% minimum.
Its a rebuy OR add on though. Dont think it specified in the OP what actually happened. So like what if the player quadrupled up prior to the first break and then someone staked his add on.....Stakee would get less then 25% then right?
You're so helpful to this thread. I think everyone should recognize that.
u agree with the guy who has been a lurker sense 2005 and now has 7 posts all in this thread??

anyone who does not say 75/25 should retake algebra I. not joking.also, please make this a superthread so i can LOL as i get hammered tonight. tyty.

If that's the case, dude should pay 5 bucks, then if dude busts, 5 bucks again for the 2nd buyin. If you talked about it long before it started, you should both know how much each other gets before the tourney even starts.
ok i know your drunk so i don't know if i can get through to u. but i will try we didn't even play this sng we talk about what would happen if this was the case if player had only $10 and wanted to rebuy or add on. it would be settled before it startedso staker would basicly be paying half off players buy in cuz who played a rebuy/add on SNG and not either rebut or add on at break if not busted.
its actually the same thing in every post.. i cant believe u can even write on a keyboard.. this is basic logic.. 75/25 makes absolutely no sense...this thread shouldve ended in one post.. its so simple...
what u guys dont get is that this is not a standard stake.. normally, a staker will give someone cash and if the player wins, they split THE PROFIT ONLY...for example, if a STAKER gives a player $100 and the PLAYER brings it to $200... the PLAYER gets $50 and the STAKER gets $150 (his original stake plus half the profit)..BUT THIS ISNT A STANDARD STAKE!! here, the staker only puts in HALF the entry cost... and therefore should receive HALF the profit... technically this isnt even considered a "stake" but more like a "half-buy-in"...
Both your examples are the same dipshit.
anyone who does not say 75/25 should retake algebra I. not joking. i think u r the only 1 who sees my math behind it.also, please make this a superthread so i can LOL as i get hammered tonight. tyty. obv working on it
u and troyomac can go start a drunk thread and see how long untell it makes superthreadIMO
staker=dumbsauce, and any confusion caused by this situation rests entirely on his/her dumb-ass shoulders, imo. :club:
QFTAnd I was the staker. I heard about a super soft game where I'd get smoked up for free and probably win 100. I offered to put blufferdave into the game for $20. But he wanted $10 for gas and just said he'd take that as gas money and use it for poker. Then he thought that since I was only paying for half of the action that I should get 25%. I didn't really want to get 25% of his action. It would have been slightly a -EV bet. We went back and forth for a little bit and then he just decided he'll pay the $10 and I ship him $10 for gas. So there was no stake.The game was first set up to be a rebuy than changed to a regular sng.I didn't really think this was thread worthy but if someone learned something than it may have a purpose. I think Sandro has all schooled us in mathematics.
ok i know your drunk so i don't know if i can get through to u. but i will try we didn't even play this sng we talk about what would happen if this was the case if player had only $10 and wanted to rebuy or add on. it would be settled before it startedso staker would basicly be paying half off players buy in cuz who played a rebuy/add on SNG and not either rebut or add on at break if not busted.
Just the way it read on OP was that it happened, and guy busted then got a $10 stake after the fact. You can't just say it's 25% to staker and 75% to stakee unless you are 100% going to use the rebuy addon option. Even then, it's bad deal for staker unless you have a 100% or more ROI in the game (I think). Since it's small buyin and a friendly game (under $20 it's hopefully friendly) I'd just say 50/50 is fair.If dude actually is awesome and has ROI > 100%, then hopefully he makes more money at poker and doesn't need someone to stake him in a $20 game.
u agree with the guy who has been a lurker sense 2005 and now has 7 posts all in this thread??
lol if you think I'm serious.
QFTAnd I was the stacker. I heard about a super soft game where I'd get smoked up for free and probably win 100. I offered to put blufferdave into the game for $20. But he wanted $10 for gas and just said he'd take that as gas money and use it for poker. Then he thought that since I was only paying for half of the action that I should get 25%. I didn't really want to get 25% of his action. It would have been slightly a -EV bet. We went back and forth for a little bit and then he just decided he'll pay the $10 and I ship him $10 for gas. So there was no stake.The game was first set up to be a rebuy than changed to a regular sng.I didn't really think this was thread worthy but if someone learned something than it may have a purpose. I think Sandro has all schooled us in mathematics.
well this thread delivers atleast we got a lurker from 2005 to start posting and get the newbie flaming out of the way.i didn't make this thread to say anyone is wrong it just made me think and was wondering evreyones input and if anyone has done anything similar in the past.lots of great input.
lol if you think I'm serious.
no i was joking obv sense i knew that was the side of the stake pay out u were siding with
u and troyomac can go start a drunk thread and see how long untell it makes superthreadIMO
this one seems as good as any.i'm drinking bud select, my roommate's leftovers. it tastes very, very marginally better than budweiser. waste of money, imo.