Question About A Stake

ok here is the deal it is a live SNG buy in is $10 with either 1 rebuy or an add on at first break, but not both. both are also a $10 buy same amount of chips for both. ok so Player pays his 1st buy in, when it is time to either rebuy or add on he gets a standard stake for that. so he payed $10 and staker payed $10. say Player cashes for $100 how do u think it should be split, between the Player and the Staker? please explain. i will not post either side of the argument so it won't change your decesion.thanks for the input.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

simple... TOTAL MONEY INVESTED = $20STAKER CONTRIBUTION = $10 (which is 50% of the money invested)Therefore, winnings should be split 50/50...PLAYER GETS $50, STAKER GETS $50...

ok here is the deal it is a live SNG buy in is $10 with either 1 rebuy or an add on at first break, but not both. both are also a $10 buy same amount of chips for both. ok so Player pays his 1st buy in, when it is time to either rebuy or add on he gets a standard stake for that. so he payed $10 and staker payed $10. say Player cashes for $100 how do u think it should be split, between the Player and the Staker? please explain. i will not post either side of the argument so it won't change your decesion.thanks for the input.
When I buy half of anyones action I usually want 35% +stakeback
simple... TOTAL MONEY INVESTED = $20STAKER CONTRIBUTION = $10 (which is 50% of the money invested)Therefore, winnings should be split 50/50...PLAYER GETS $50, STAKER GETS $50...
No
:club:
I would ship the staker all profits./thread please
i figured full profit plus the rest of players BR so u r close to side lol
That was close.
75% imo.
who gets 75% i think u mean player right?
As the scenario plays out in my head, I think staker deserves 75. But I mean what's going through my head prob isn't what happened.
Can I get 5% of that?
As the scenario plays out in my head, I think staker deserves 75. But I mean what's going through my head prob isn't what happened.
could u explain how u got that?
No
what u guys dont get is that this is not a standard stake.. normally, a staker will give someone cash and if the player wins, they split THE PROFIT ONLY...for example, if a STAKER gives a player $100 and the PLAYER brings it to $200... the PLAYER gets $50 and the STAKER gets $150 (his original stake plus half the profit)..BUT THIS ISNT A STANDARD STAKE!! here, the staker only puts in HALF the entry cost... and therefore should receive HALF the profit... technically this isnt even considered a "stake" but more like a "half-buy-in"...
what u guys dont get is that this is not a standard stake.. normally, a staker will give someone cash and if the player wins, they split THE PROFIT ONLY...for example, if a STAKER gives a player $100 and the PLAYER brings it to $200... the PLAYER gets $50 and the STAKER gets $150 (his original stake plus half the profit)..BUT THIS ISNT A STANDARD STAKE!! here, the staker only puts in HALF the entry cost... and therefore should receive HALF the profit... technically this isnt even considered a "stake" but more like a "half-buy-in"...
Your example 1 is retarded. You shouldnt lose money on a stake if the stakee is profitable. Full stake=50% Half stake=25%. Everything is negotiable though.

heres how i do the mathso Player pays 1st $10 which is his. Staker pays next $10 as a standard stake.so player has 1/2 and staker has 50/50 on 2nd stake.so when player cashes for $100 split it as players 1/2 and stakers 1/2so now staker has his half of $50 which was a standard 50/50which 1/2 of his $50 would be $25.doesnayone else crunch the numbers like this or am i way off?thanks great input so far

heres how i do the mathso Player pays 1st $10 which is his. Staker pays next $10 as a standard stake.so player has 1/2 and staker has 50/50 on 2nd stake.so when player cashes for $100 split it as players 1/2 and stakers 1/2so now staker has his half of $50 which was a standard 50/50which 1/2 of his $50 would be $25.doesnayone else crunch the numbers like this or am i way off?thanks great input so far
25%..............Agree on %'s beforehand in the future though.
Your example 1 is retarded. You shouldnt lose money on a stake if the stakee is profitable. Full stake=50% Half stake=25%. Everything is negotiable though.
Unrealistic expectation IMO
could u explain how u got that?
Ok, first keep in mind I've had some beers tonight and am kinda buzzing.2nd, this shouldn't even be a thread, when dude says "sure I'll give you 10 bucks" he should follow that with "but we'll split your winnings this way:... " where the ... is, is where he describes what happens if buddy wins, then before the money is given to him they both agree on that.So anyway, in my head, bunch of friends are playing sit n go, but dude only brings $10 with him. He busts, and unfortunately can't get back in the game unless someone helps him. So he says "hey can someone hook me up with a tenspot?" Then dude says "yeah fo shizzy ma nizzy".Then they play some mo' and dudezor takes it down for a hundo bonowskis. Sweet.Oh wait though, dudeski numero doce wants his share. "Hey man hook me up with some dizzle fo shizzle". "Sure mang, here's 20 bones". "Whoa mang, that ain't enough, you were goneskis if I didn't help you out, I deserve a little mo'.""No way dude, I won get on your boat and take off you hoser".Anyway, my point is, that since dude 1 didn't bring enough money, he shouldn't even be playing anymore. Dude 2 helped him stay in the game and have more fun (fun is what it's all about after all.) This isn't like a regular predetermined stake deal where each should get 50%. Guy 2 risked $10 to have the starting stack again (avg stack has gone up while others knock out donks like guy 1), and guy 1 doesn't even have $20, so God help him if he ever got his hands on $100. Umm yeah, that's all I got. 75%