Right now bluffing is a very small part of my game and I'm trying to figure out the spots where I can push a big bluff through and where there simply isn't enough fold equity to make it profitable to fire another shell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($25)UTG ($14.20)MP ($76.75)Button ($24.50)SB ($24.95)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aclub.gif, Kspade.gif. 2 folds, Button raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $3.25, SB folds.Flop: ($8.75) 4diamond.gif, 8heart.gif, 9spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.Turn: ($20.75) 8spade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $20.75Villain had been somewhat tight/weak and hadn't shown a propensity to call with suited connectors which leads me to doubt that his hand was terribly strong once the board paired 88. Playing the hand strong pre and on the flop is another bet +ev?

I usually shove into his TT here.
Since he's never folding and you're never winning, this would be what they call, "a leak" in the business.c/f the turn.Preflop reraise is too big also.
Since he's never folding and you're never winning, this would be what they call, "a leak" in the business.
I should say "I USED to shove" in this spot. I've actually learned some kind of discipline lately, and only usually do that now when I do expect some fold equity. ish.

If you raised all-in preflop, then you wouldn't have this problem. You know you're going to miss the flop most of the time. This shouldn't be a surprise.

The formula I usually use for a raise is 3xbet plus the pot. Too much usually?
Well, what do you want to happen? Do you want him to fold AJ or AQ? He's going to call that with pockets.This way you end up bluffing your whole stack after you missed.
Since he's never folding and you're never winning, this would be what they call, "a leak" in the business.c/f the turn.Preflop reraise is too big also.
The thing about Acid's replies is that the information makes me feel much smarter, but the delivery somehow make me feel really stupid. :club: You are of course correct sir.
If you raised all-in preflop, then you wouldn't have this problem. You know you're going to miss the flop most of the time. This shouldn't be a surprise.
Thank you for this. I laughed hard.
The thing about Acid's replies is that the information makes me feel much smarter, but the delivery somehow make me feel really stupid. :club:
This might be the best assessment of my posting style ever.Well done.In fact, welcome to my sig!
Funny thing about this is I had a friend of mine feed me this exact line almost verbatim with no sarcasm what so ever when we discussed why he moved all in for 10 dollars in a .05-.10 game with no raise from middle position.
This might be the best assessment of my posting style ever.Well done.In fact, welcome to my sig!
Making it into Acid's sig may be my single greatest poker moment....I'm gonna go kill myself.