Also, you have to be specific about what it means when the boom is over or slowed. We are obviously in a boom now, but the gauge should be % growth and the transformation of the poker players into a fully legitimite professionals. This is something that looks to me like it has had very slow growth til 2001.Your right Elk.Thank you for posting an actual response. I've worked with canadian poker tour officials, and we discussed filming of events throughout Canada. We were going to be the first televised poker series in Canada. And because of this, I tend to notice a lot more about how its growing in different parts of the world.And in my part, the recent "hole cam" edition and online has definetly increased the huge poker craze over the past 2 years however i do see the over all theme starting to slow. Not so much poker itself., but rather the hype it has had.Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing with poker though is that its got a very addictive nature to it.... its not a fad thats just going to go out of style. Has gambling in vegas gone out of style? Nope. I think poker will be around for a long time because the reason for its popularity is due to the players... people who play.. and they say over 60 million people play poker currently (i forget if thats just in the USA or what)... so to say poker will die out, that would mean that people stop playing... now you yourself, would you be done playing poker in 5 months? I know for myself I wouldn't.

absolute, most of your 1800+ posts are worthless or worse - they just feud stupid bickering. At least be witty about it. I seriously looked to respond positively to one of your posts over the last few days and could only find one..
in all fairness, Royal Tour hans't exactly contributed all that much to the site himself. THere are people who rip on people in gen pop, but contribute a lot in strat, catch my drift. Since 75% of this forum doesn't know about the strat section, many don't see the worthwile posts

I've worked with canadian poker tour officials, and we discussed filming of events throughout Canada. We were going to be the first televised poker series in Canada. And because of this, I tend to notice a lot more about how its growing in different parts of the world.You spoke to CPT officials... in other words:"YO., CTPGuyz;, ur not Tuff! im the bikg winnar here bud, haha"

absolute, most of your 1800+ posts are worthless or worse - they just feud stupid bickering. At least be witty about it. I seriously looked to respond positively to one of your posts over the last few days and could only find one..
in all fairness, Royal Tour hans't exactly contributed all that much to the site himself. THere are people who rip on people in gen pop, but contribute a lot in strat, catch my drift. Since 75% of this forum doesn't know about the strat section, many don't see the worthwile posts
thanks for "kinda sorta in a crazy ambiguous way" having my back KDawg!

I give basketball another five weeks. I mean, by now every church has a CYO team, most high schools have teams. My town is on year 60 of basketball I think. This can't go on for much longer. It's gotta die down eventually.

I give basketball another five weeks.  I mean, by now every church has a CYO team, most high schools have teams.  My town is on year 60 of basketball I think.  This can't go on for much longer.  It's gotta die down eventually.
you are on fire today.well done sir

You spoke to CPT officials... in other words:"YO., CTPGuyz;, ur not Tuff! im the bikg winnar here bud, haha"I'l just ignor your attempt to be witty. and let you know.yes.. i did speak with Randy Hewines. and he flew over to meet with us.anymore questions?

You spoke to CPT officials... in other words:"YO., CTPGuyz;, ur not Tuff! im the bikg winnar here bud, haha"I'l just ignor your attempt to be witty. and let you know.yes.. i did speak with Randy Hewines. and he flew over to meet with us.anymore questions?
I'll ignore your pathetic attempt at trying to sound humble, you with all your "..." in each post. Give me a break, sit down pizza-face.
I give basketball another five weeks.  I mean, by now every church has a CYO team, most high schools have teams.  My town is on year 60 of basketball I think.  This can't go on for much longer.  It's gotta die down eventually.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yes I spoke with Vince Van Paten (random name to associate with poker). and he flew to meet with us(no description so it just "sounds" like "us" is important and you should know who "us" are)any more questions?(Cause I have a ton of unverifiable information I can throw around)Ive said it once, and I'll say it again. Royal_Tour, you are weak. And by the way, the basketball going away post "absolute"ly toasted your ass. I would even go as far to say, "he owns you." ROTFLMAO
  • 4 months later...

Wow. Everyone's really pissy today. You all have your periods or what?KDawg is right that Absolut posts a good amount in strat...but for the record he is probably the least useful of the regular posters there.

Wow.  Everyone's really pissy today.  You all have your periods or what?KDawg is right that Absolut posts a good amount in strat...but for the record he is probably the least useful of the regular posters there.
psssssssssssssst. (read the date of those posts.)
Wow.  Everyone's really pissy today.  You all have your periods or what?KDawg is right that Absolut posts a good amount in strat...but for the record he is probably the least useful of the regular posters there.
psssssssssssssst. (read the date of those posts.)
Lol. I though I felt a rush over air as something went way over my head.The R&R love affair only started about a month ago.
ahaha., you guys got linked to this thread and now its bumped out of the archives.high-larious
Man good thing u posted that cause I was about to lay the smackath downath.I thought it was today.Smoke another one krup.

How dare you people talk to Royal like this. I realize he has a past that I wasn't a part of, but I'm here now and there will be no mention of this ever again.I appreciate the love though. MAN I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE.

Wow. Everyone's really pissy today. You all have your periods or what?KDawg is right that Absolut posts a good amount in strat...but for the record he is probably the least useful of the regular posters there.
What exactly does that mean?