any of you specialize in 1 on 1 play?

I just started playing heads up matches last night and I have found it to have the possibility to really be much more profitable than sit and gos. Any of you specialize in this?

I just started playing heads up matches last night and I have found it to have the possibility to really be much more profitable than sit and gos. Any of you specialize in this?
I specialize in short games anywhere from heads up to four or five people at the table. The style I use usually allows me to roll over a short table. I recently won a heads up tournament sponsored by a bar for 5000 bucks. I will probably use that money to enter another event or two on top of the ones I was planning on at the WSOP

Yeah last night on poker mountain I took on a guy about 8 20+1 heads up matches in a row, won 6 of em.They're fun especially when your slightly on tilt from continuously getting sucked out in cash games...because you can push push push and get paid off doing so.

check out Pstars tonite. I heard a rumour two FCP posters will be going at it HU in consecutive 100$ SNGs.
smellmuth was your sn right?
yea, i dont know what splashmasters is though. i guess we'll find out.

I was going to post on this topic. My heads-up game is pretty weak right now. I'd love to work on it.So here is a proposal...does anyone want to help me work on my game? I'm talking about going heads-up for Play Money on UB. Play money, but real play. Practice. Constant evaluation and discussion of strategy. I know this is a bit out there, but what the heck. Any takers? We could post it on this site and get feedback from other posters.Why not play $5, $10? Well, I'm doing an internship right now and need to save every penny for my study abroad next year in Scotland.

I was going to post on this topic. My heads-up game is pretty weak right now. I'd love to work on it.So here is a proposal...does anyone want to help me work on my game? I'm talking about going heads-up for Play Money on UB. Play money, but real play. Practice. Constant evaluation and discussion of strategy. I know this is a bit out there, but what the heck. Any takers? We could post it on this site and get feedback from other posters.Why not play $5, $10? Well, I'm doing an internship right now and need to save every penny for my study abroad next year in Scotland.
UB.com doesn't have any headsup play money tables anymore. They cutdown the number of play tables they offer a few months back... just a waste of server space, I can imagine. Plus, it gets rid of the idiots that go from table to table begging for money.
UB.com doesn't have any headsup play money tables anymore. They cutdown the number of play tables they offer a few months back... just a waste of server space, I can imagine. Plus, it gets rid of the idiots that go from table to table begging for money.
Oh. Darn,

I was thinking of putting some money into Poker Room, so I decided to play a freeroll to see if I like the software or not. I got into one that filled up pretty fast...2400 players for $500 or something like that.They have a chat room in the lobby of the tourny, which I like. There were all these people saying they would transfer me $10 if I unregisterd for the freeroll so they could join. It was so pathetic.

I was thinking of putting some money into Poker Room, so I decided to play a freeroll to see if I like the software or not. I got into one that filled up pretty fast...2400 players for $500 or something like that.They have a chat room in the lobby of the tourny, which I like. There were all these people saying they would transfer me $10 if I unregisterd for the freeroll so they could join. It was so pathetic.
I can justify spending a couple of hours online a night playing poker during the week because I'm actually playing for real stakes and winning some money and making good use of my time. I can't imagine being a person who spends all day on the computer playing play money or trying to win 2500 person freerolls. I just don't get it. It's just sad.

I play a decent amount of heads up SNG's at UB. Usually the 20, 30 or 50 level but I gotta say I love going down to 5 or 10 because alot of those matches don't even reach 5 hands. I've noticed that I can usually win by simply playing the opposite of my opponents. 2/3rds of the time my opponents are superaggressive and I just wait to catch a hand. (and even if the hand doesn't come I can usually pick a good spot to check raise them and steal). More work is required for taking down the really tight players who fold unless they have the nuts but they're easily beatable. It just takes awhile to get all their chips. It cracks me up now that UB now offers turbo versions of these 1 on 1 matches. It's so rare the blinds become a factor anyhow. But these turbos are a great place to find impatient players.

I play a decent amount of heads up SNG's at UB.    Usually the 20, 30 or 50 level but I gotta say I love going down to 5 or 10 because alot of those matches don't even reach 5 hands.  I've noticed that I can usually win by simply playing the opposite of my opponents.   2/3rds of the time my opponents are superaggressive and I just wait to catch a hand.   (and even if the hand doesn't come I can usually pick a good spot to check raise them and steal).    More work is required for taking down the really tight players who fold unless they have the nuts but they're easily beatable.  It just takes awhile to get all their chips.    It cracks me up now that UB now offers turbo versions of these 1 on 1 matches.  It's so rare the blinds become a factor anyhow.  But these turbos are a great place to find impatient players.
Yeah, Turbo matches don't make much sense, unless you run into a rock who can stretch the game into the later blind levels. I usually win my matches at a 70% clip, but last night I just got hammered winning 1 out of 7. Any time I get off to bad starts like that, it's cash games for the rest of the night. Seems like I always do good at the other when one is bad (SnG's vs. Cash Game). Booked a win for the night, but it wasn't looking good.

get your ass over to paradise poker... I used to post some of the bonehead plays people made against me at $50 and $100 level heads up tournies. It was unbelievable how weak the standard was.The $10 and $20 tournies are so weak I always head over there if I'm running bad. If you've got patience and any talent you can win 3 out of 4 at the lower levels.In fact, we should have a knock out tournament of board members... everyone puts their name in and we play a round a day... I had the idea, now someone organise it:-)

I LOVE heads up.I even play against my buddies. I'd rather pay 0.25 for them to do the dealing then have to actually deal every hand :-)I obvoiusly play them on Full Tilt, the best site for Heads Up, because you can play a real game and not get to the point where you are basically flipping coins to win the match. I would HIGHLY recommend Full Tilt fot HU SnGs.I have bever played a HU on Full Tilt where the blinds were ever a factor. And 1 time I played for what seemed like over an hour against this one player going back and forth with the lead. Eventually lost most of my chips when I put him all in with JJ and he had A8 and hit two pair on the flop. Still probably the best HU match I've been a part of. Normally I win/lose them much faster.

Believe it or not, there are people who will buy play money chips. A friend of mine and I sell them; 25 bucks for a million. We've sold like 4 million. Plus play money is stress free if you have some time to kill. No different than sitting at your desk playing mindsweeper or tetris.

Believe it or not, there are people who will buy play money chips.  A friend of mine and I sell them; 25 bucks for a million.  We've sold like 4 million.  Plus play money is stress free if you have some time to kill.  No different than sitting at your desk playing mindsweeper or tetris.
Another related post to the topic, LOL jk but seriously is this random or what?