Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Took me a second to figure out what you were saying there.I wasn't asking for PF range advice, I was just wondering how many hands you'd estimate I'd be dealt on average. Somehow I can't find this stat in my records anywhere. I'm guess around 80 per table per hour? way off?
Ahhhhh. I don't know. 90/100 is avg on 6 max, so 60-80 would sound about right I think? (Just looked, All the 1/2 fr tables on stars atm are avg'ing between 75 and 110 per hour.)
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutch, if you're using PokerTracker (PT2, anyways), go to Session notes, make sure you have the box clicked next to "Show True Hourly Win Rate (.....)".Now, beneath the list of sessions, it'll have a row called "True Win Rate:" followed by the number of hours you have worked. It also has an MT ratio, which tells you the average number of tables you play, and under the "Hands" column, it lists your hands/hr, given your level of multitabling.Now, if you take that hands per hour number, and divide it by your MT ratio, you'll get your average hands per hour per table. You can also see your hourly rate in dollars and bets, and divide those per table if you'd like to, as well.Of course, these stats aren't perfect, but they take into account any time spent sitting at a table, after the first hand was dealt, up until the last hand (all based on time stamps in the HHs). If you were to play one hand, sit out for an hour, and play another hand, it would record 2 hands for one hour of table time, unfortunately, so if you play somewhere where you have down time trying to start games, or games keep breaking, etc (which doesn't sound like the case given you're playing full ring), the stat could be skewed a bit.

Seems a like a bit of a spew to cap the end, in my ignorant opinion.
Yeah, I was confident in my image right up until the river rr, then I thought it best to just let it be. I wouldn't have normally put in these many bets except for the previous hands we had played.edit - another thing that is pretty big looking back on is the pace of the play is huge. Not even calling them timing tells, but just rhythm. The pace of a villains 3bet on 4th or 5th was big to me here.

Didnt have the creative energy to get the sand castle graph going yesterday, but I'll get there. I'll share this one though, angles a bit off, but I like it.jerad30034.jpganother view:jerad30037.jpgjerad30027.jpg/rambling <grabs another beer>

so, a moment of humility if i may...I play predominately mixed games, and i've come to the realization that i'm really just not that good at LHE. I pretty much know exactly where I am in omaha and the stud games the vast majority of the time, but it feels like almost never in LHE lately. I've reverted back to playing like a HUGE tag nit in the LHE rounds of HORSE and i'm at least breaking even, but I don't like that i'm losing so much value in that round. It may very well be a fundementals problem. What books should i be reading for getting back the fundementals of LHE?

notes from across the pond:-driving in germany is fucking divine. like, those guys seriously do everything so perfectly it's disgusting. it's too bad that the rental car shakes like it's got satan coursing through its engine when it hits 175km/h or the autobahn would have been even more fun.-the chunnel is ungodly expensive. take the ferry instead.-2 weeks on another continent is perhaps the only surefire method of getting untilted.-8 bottles of wine in london and two nights of partying in germany may or may not help the above.-i'm going to france to spend 3 days in the alps tomorrow, and i have no problem bragging about that. i'll post pictures when i get back to make you bitches jealous.hope you guys are all winning money, and that the cereus network is up and running by late next week. :club:

if villain cbets 100% we're getting 4-1. i think the range you posted is too tight (like he should have more hands in his range there). of course, i don't know specific villains. anyway, against that range even 3-1 is a good enough price.you answered my question so if there are more math questions you have just PM me and i'll try and point you in the right direction.
So basically you're saying I'm a nit and I should defend my bb with a wider range? With 20k hands on pokertracker I'm 24/17/2.5...
LHE was invent for two reasons: to make me rich and to make me realize that God hates me and wants me to kill myself. I pretty much never feel the means; it's either me laughing in arrogance at the play going on around me or me back in my chair, resigned to my fate of poverty, because there's no way these things happen to anyone but me.
LHE does that to everybody. I've never experienced anything quite like it in any other game.
so, a moment of humility if i may...I play predominately mixed games, and i've come to the realization that i'm really just not that good at LHE. I pretty much know exactly where I am in omaha and the stud games the vast majority of the time, but it feels like almost never in LHE lately. I've reverted back to playing like a HUGE tag nit in the LHE rounds of HORSE and i'm at least breaking even, but I don't like that i'm losing so much value in that round. It may very well be a fundementals problem. What books should i be reading for getting back the fundementals of LHE?
If you think a book is the best way to go about it, I think Winning in Tough Hold'Em Games by Nick gruizien(or however you say it) is meant to be the best.
If you think a book is the best way to go about it, I think Winning in Tough Hold'Em Games by Nick gruizien(or however you say it) is meant to be the best.
Yep.
loose/passive is the new tight/aggressive.43/31/1.6 for 32k hands in august, with an effective edge of over 5BB/100.
Yup, the call button is your friend.I think I've pointed out to Flushgarden before that he plays way too few hands unless he plays horribly after the flop. You should see some of the crap I'm in with preflop short handed.
3/6 to 10/20
Yeah that shit will work at higher limits where there are more aggrodonks but at 2/4 where threre are a lot of loose passive donks already I dunno, I gotta punish them. Bob I tried to open up some I'll try more.. Im drunj tho so I dunno. I just crushed a home game. I literally busted the table. We :club: That reminds me I'm gonna go play wii. GL'Well not literally.

I'm not sure how I didn't catch this 'til now, but this game is obviously rigged. Someone clearly has control over what falls on the turn and river. It's the only way to explain this game. My thinking is so clear now; all it's taken is a 160BB downswing to lift the vail from my vision; I can see it all: there's no actually beat this game. **** me, **** me, **** me.I suck.

-28BB, now. Close enough, but it's getting pretty sick that despite these big comebacks, I'm still like 3BB/100 this year. I've developed the emotional stability of an Arabian Tariff lord's spoiled teenage son, too. Maybe I should start jacking off before I play or something.

Probably taking a break from Limited for a while, while I regain NL confidence. That said, I like that this thread's much easier to catch up on than the NL one.