Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

at the time i thought it was a good idea to try and keep button in...it seemed like a good idea at the time but i think i lost a bet because of it...i knew i had the best hand,i think villian would have pumped 2 pair/set on the flop, i think i tried to play it too fancy lol by trying to trap button in the middle
the important note is that you have the ad here, and that people aren't as likely to draw at non-nut flushes, so the button isn't going to be in on the turn often anyhow. also, if he's raising the turn on a flush flop, 3betting is nice, because if he has a flush, he should cap, and you'll be able to raise the river as well. if he has tptk or 2p or whatever, you're not going to get in more than 3 bets on the big streets anyway, so it's breakeven-ish, as danege said.finally, i think that if you 3bet the turn here, you look more like an overpair than anything else, given your aggression, and people are probably more likely to overplay their shit vs you if you do that, imo.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a nice little 85 Big Bet session at Stars so there were quite a few feel good hands but this was the largest. Pretty good discipline from my opponent on the river not to raise when he hit his two pair.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: LuckyBob is MP with A :D, A :diamond:UTG calls, LuckyBob raises, Button calls, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, LuckyBob caps, Button calls, SB calls, UTG callsFlop: (17 SB) 7 :club:, 8 :5c, 3 :3h (4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, LuckyBob bets, Button calls, SB raises, 1 fold, LuckyBob 3-bets, Button calls, SB callsTurn: (13 BB) A :D (3 players)SB checks, LuckyBob bets, Button calls, SB callsRiver: (16 BB) 9 :ts (3 players)SB checks, LuckyBob bets, Button calls, 1 foldTotal pot: $360 (18 BB) | Rake: $2Results:Button mucked A :qh, 9 :D (two pair, Aces and nines).LuckyBob had A :D, A :4h (three of a kind, Aces).Outcome: LuckyBob won $358

Hi there. Im looking for some feedback on my two folds in these hands. Not really concerned about any other streets just the final decision to fold. Thanks. They both occur in a tourny at a full table, but ive deleted the stacks that arent involved to make the post shorter.Table '153493257 24' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Dscoot (3905 in chips) Seat 2: singerz1 (4280 in chips) Seat 5: gagaliu (960 in chips) Seat 8: Dannynoon (5685 in chips) Seat 9: SweetSyn1 (3505 in chips) CardPharaoh: posts small blind 75Dannynoon: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dscoot [7s 7h]SweetSyn1: raises 150 to 300Dscoot: calls 300singerz1: calls 300gagaliu: raises 150 to 450Dannynoon: calls 300SweetSyn1: calls 150Dscoot: calls 150singerz1: calls 150*** FLOP *** [9h Ks 6c]Dannynoon: checks SweetSyn1: bets 150Dscoot: calls 150singerz1: folds gagaliu: raises 150 to 300Dannynoon: folds SweetSyn1: raises 150 to 450Dscoot: folds Table '153493257 24' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Dscoot (3080 in chips) Seat 4: Shroomiiii (1795 in chips) Seat 5: gagaliu (4445 in chips) Seat 6: Persist69 (425 in chips) Seat 9: SweetSyn1 (1470 in chips) SweetSyn1: posts small blind 100Dscoot: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dscoot [8d 7s]Shroomiiii: raises 200 to 400gagaliu: calls 400Persist69: calls 400SweetSyn1: calls 300Dscoot: calls 200*** FLOP *** [7d 5c 4h]SweetSyn1: bets 200Dscoot: calls 200Shroomiiii: raises 200 to 400gagaliu: folds Persist69: calls 25 and is all-inSweetSyn1: calls 200Dscoot: calls 200*** TURN *** [7d 5c 4h] [Ts]SweetSyn1: checks Dscoot: checks Shroomiiii: bets 400SweetSyn1: calls 400Dscoot: calls 400*** RIVER *** [7d 5c 4h Ts] [Js]SweetSyn1: bets 270 and is all-inDscoot: folds

At Full ring 77 might be a fold UTG+1. Not sure. I think I might prefer 3bet to cold call although I could be wrong about that too. Flop fold is fine.Don't fold the 78 on the river in the other hand as played. Kinda weird hand overall though. I think you could probably find a different way through it.oh, and what Danege said.

Hi there. Im looking for some feedback on my two folds in these hands. Not really concerned about any other streets just the final decision to fold. Thanks. They both occur in a tourny at a full table, but ive deleted the stacks that arent involved to make the post shorter.Table '153493257 24' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Dscoot (3905 in chips) Seat 2: singerz1 (4280 in chips) Seat 5: gagaliu (960 in chips) Seat 8: Dannynoon (5685 in chips) Seat 9: SweetSyn1 (3505 in chips) CardPharaoh: posts small blind 75Dannynoon: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dscoot [7s 7h]SweetSyn1: raises 150 to 300Dscoot: calls 300singerz1: calls 300gagaliu: raises 150 to 450Dannynoon: calls 300SweetSyn1: calls 150Dscoot: calls 150singerz1: calls 150*** FLOP *** [9h Ks 6c]Dannynoon: checks SweetSyn1: bets 150Dscoot: calls 150singerz1: folds gagaliu: raises 150 to 300Dannynoon: folds SweetSyn1: raises 150 to 450Dscoot: folds Table '153493257 24' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Dscoot (3080 in chips) Seat 4: Shroomiiii (1795 in chips) Seat 5: gagaliu (4445 in chips) Seat 6: Persist69 (425 in chips) Seat 9: SweetSyn1 (1470 in chips) SweetSyn1: posts small blind 100Dscoot: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Dscoot [8d 7s]Shroomiiii: raises 200 to 400gagaliu: calls 400Persist69: calls 400SweetSyn1: calls 300Dscoot: calls 200*** FLOP *** [7d 5c 4h]SweetSyn1: bets 200Dscoot: calls 200Shroomiiii: raises 200 to 400gagaliu: folds Persist69: calls 25 and is all-inSweetSyn1: calls 200Dscoot: calls 200*** TURN *** [7d 5c 4h] [Ts]SweetSyn1: checks Dscoot: checks Shroomiiii: bets 400SweetSyn1: calls 400Dscoot: calls 400*** RIVER *** [7d 5c 4h Ts] [Js]SweetSyn1: bets 270 and is all-inDscoot: folds
you didn't make a single good decision in either hand besides maybe the fold on the flop in hand 1 even though you should have just folded to the first bet.
Another example of how I play March (you know who)......hand just happened.Poker Stars $15/$30 Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 83706The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.667 SB) Hero is CO with A :qh 6 :4hHero raises, cargle calls, grpoker2 calls, mi2 callsFlop: (8 SB) 5 :D 3 :D 5 :5c(4 players)grpoker2 checks, mi2 checks, Hero checks, cargle checksTurn: (4 BB) 2 :jh(4 players)grpoker2 checks, mi2 checks, Hero bets, cargle folds, grpoker2 folds, mi2 raises, Hero callsRiver: (8 BB) K :D(2 players)mi2 bets, Hero callsFinal Pot: 10 BBHero shows A :D 6 :3h (a pair of Fives - Ace kicker)mi2 shows 7 :club: 4 :ts (a pair of Fives)Hero wins 9.933 BB(Rake: $2.00)Not a usual play.....but against him....it's definitely in my aresnal.
its been a while since I've played him. He's gotten better to an extent, but both him and d b e c k h a m play way too many tables and it can be easy to take advantage of them post flop
FCPBob - have you heard of a new VPP promotion coming up soon?
I haven't but I don't have access to information before everybody else does. I'm in contact with a few people at Stars but they don't tell me anything early.
How long have you had that GWC? Any bugs?I'm interested in getting one here in the next few months.
Bob beta tested it for a good long while and I don't think he had any problems.I received mine Saturday. It's not like I was worried about my acct being hacked but now it would require kidnapping and torture for someone to get into my Stars acct. It's well worth the 6K fpps. You can also buy it for cash. That requires an email to Stars security and I have no idea what it would cost.

I have some questions about table selection - how do you decide which table to play?Do you take any one with an open seat at the limit you want to play?Do you look for a specific fish and sit as his table?Do you look at the % of players seeing flop and average pot size some sites advertise?Do you look at the table raking on www.pokertableratings.com? If this one, do you use their table rating and pick any that have a green rating, or do you look at their VP$IP, PRF, and Aggr values?Peace,Opie

I have some questions about table selection - how do you decide which table to play?Do you take any one with an open seat at the limit you want to play?No.Do you look for a specific fish and sit as his table?Yes. Preferred method.Do you look at the % of players seeing flop and average pot size some sites advertise?Yes. Second method.Do you look at the table raking on www.pokertableratings.com? If this one, do you use their table rating and pick any that have a green rating, or do you look at their VP$IP, PRF, and Aggr values?Not really. I'd actually combine this with looking at the sites % and pot size, and then ptr the players at the best tables to find the fish. Peace,Opie
Do you look for a specific fish and sit as his table?Do you look at the % of players seeing flop and average pot size some sites advertise?
I use these two and I'm constantly changing tables when they tighten up unless I have a couple of good reasons to sit there. To give you an idea: I 4/5 table 1,800 hand sessions (about 4 hours) and I average playing on 45 different tables per session. If I take shots at the level above mine it's only because there's a specific player (hopefully more than one) in the game.

Bob's Feel Good Hand Of The Day64 is known as the Lucky Bob in certain poker circles as well as the Birthyear hand. I seem to do some amazing things with it, just ask SergePokerStars Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Lucky Bob is Button with 6 :club:, 4 :tsLucky Bob raises, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (6 SB) 9 :4h, 9 :jh, 7 :5c (3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Lucky Bob bets, SB raises, BB calls, Lucky Bob callsTurn: (6 BB) 8 :3h (3 players)SB bets, BB raises, Lucky Bob calls, SB callsRiver: (12 BB) 5 :qh (3 players)SB checks, BB bets, Lucky Bob raises, 1 fold, BB callsTotal pot: $320 (16 BB) | Rake: $1Results:Lucky Bob had 6 :D, 4 :D (straight flush, nine high).BB mucked 3 :D, Q :D (flush, Queen high).Outcome: Lucky Bob won $319

This thread= Doomswitched?

Bob's Feel Good Hand Of The Day64 is known as the Lucky Bob in certain poker circles as well as the Birthyear hand. I seem to do some amazing things with it, just ask SergePokerStars Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (3 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Lucky Bob is Button with 6 :club:, 4 :tsLucky Bob raises, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (6 SB) 9 :4h, 9 :jh, 7 :5c(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Lucky Bob bets, SB raises, BB calls, Lucky Bob callsTurn: (6 BB) 8 :3h(3 players)SB bets, BB raises, Lucky Bob calls, SB callsRiver: (12 BB) 5 :qh(3 players)SB checks, BB bets, Lucky Bob raises, 1 fold, BB callsTotal pot: $320 (16 BB) | Rake: $1Results:Lucky Bob had 6 :D, 4 :D (straight flush, nine high).BB mucked 3 :D, Q :D (flush, Queen high).Outcome: Lucky Bob won $319
lol wow that's beautiful.