Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Got a hair up my ass and decided to play an LHE tourney. Have not played an LHE tourney in many, many months.Worked out well.PokerStars Tournament #149733185, Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $20.00/$2.0045 playersTotal Prize Pool: $900.00 Tournament started 2009/03/25 22:00:00 ETDear Voldemort,You finished the tournament in 1st place. A $315.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.You earned 154.72 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
EZ Game. Well done!
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna start posting some daily results and HH's here. Over the past year, I have blown several potential bankrolls playing like an idiot. Typical pattern was deposit $50-75, run like a Kenyan at .50/1 and 1/2, keep moving up too fast, getting as high as 3/6. I would peak at about $1K, cashout about half and then inevitably go broke by not dropping back down in limits.I made about $3K playing poker last year but almost half of that came from a second place finish in a WSOP Step 6 sat for $1500. In both November '08 and January '09, I built up what should have been a nice roll of $1200 and both times followed the same cashout/go broke pattern.So now I am going to start over and implement a little bankroll management (what a concept!!). I deposited $60 on Full Tilt and will start out 2-tabling .25/.50 6-max. I know 120 BB's is not ideal, but I will not move up until I reach 250 BB's for the next limit. So with that, I played two 30-minute sessions today, one before work and one after. That is another challenge for me, playing TOO LONG. I will try to play quick 30-45 min. sessions and play only when I feel like I can devote my full attention. Wish me luck!!+30BB, Bankroll $74.85 Hand of the day:Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with 5heart.gif, 4spade.gif2 folds, CO raises, 2 folds, Hero callsFlop: (4.4 SB) 3spade.gif, Qheart.gif, 6club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero callsTurn: (5.2 BB) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, CO callsRiver: (13.2 BB) Aspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero callsTotal pot: $10.60 (21.2 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had 5heart.gif, 4spade.gif (straight, six high).CO had Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif (three of a kind, Aces).Outcome: Hero won $10.10Could have pulled off the rare triple check-raise!!

Got a hair up my ass and decided to play an LHE tourney. Have not played an LHE tourney in many, many months.Worked out well.PokerStars Tournament #149733185, Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $20.00/$2.0045 playersTotal Prize Pool: $900.00 Tournament started 2009/03/25 22:00:00 ETDear Voldemort,You finished the tournament in 1st place. A $315.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.You earned 154.72 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
CONGRATULATIONS MORT! :club:

Congrats on the day BB and gl with your poker endeavor. You should immediatly email Fulltilt and let them know they are taking 1 full big bet off the table for a ridiculous rake amount. If you don't have rake back, you absolutely have to ask for it.

Congrats on the day BB and gl with your poker endeavor. You should immediatly email Fulltilt and let them know they are taking 1 full big bet off the table for a ridiculous rake amount. If you don't have rake back, you absolutely have to ask for it.
Funny you should say that. I did a dumb thing last year and created a new account to get rakeback and got busted when I tried to cash out. They didn't take the $$, just transferred it to my original account and suspended the new one. Wonder if they would now hook me up with rakeback...I'm definitely giving it a shot.

Not that I want good players in my game, but if you are going to play without rakeback...I would be playing at stars over ftp. There are to many "good" players that are at FTP because of the rakeback where as those players at stars generally aren't as in the loop to know about rakeback and are generally poorer players.

So are all the crazies out right now? Just had an insanely swingy session with a solid 40-50BB downswing at its high point. Somehow ended up 3BB after all was said and done. Wont talk about my results overall, but I am happy right now.

What a sick evening...dropped 20 on stars...and made about 50 on ftp...nearly rolled for the next level....had a couple beers so I threw a movie on with the wife and quit poker for the day...want to make sure I dont screw this one up.

It pays to be a snitch..Thank you again for your email to PokerStars and for your patience while our investigation was taking place. We have concluded that the play of 'sammyuel.82' and 'jstefmanny' violated the integrity of our games and our cardroom rules. As such, they have been informed that they are no longer welcome to play on our site. In addition they were disqualified from events in which their unfair play affected the outcome. Players who were effected as a result have been compensated at the expense of 'sammyuel.82' and 'jstefmanny'.You were involved in one or more hands with these players. Based on a rollback of hands in which you may have been harmed, your account has been credited with $23.65.The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide unfair play in our games. We work hard to police our games to assure our players of a fair, secure place to play. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.Your vigilance in noticing the situation and reporting your concerns are appreciated. Please do not hesitate to let us know anytime you have questions or concerns.Regards,LawrencePokerStars Support Team

I made a deposit at Cake a couple days ago to try them out and this is my Feel Good Hand of the Day.I didn't give either player credit for much based on how they had been playing and pretty good chance I was going to call the river with my A hi as long as the 4th flush card didn't come.Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($1350.50)UTG ($2002.50)MP ($153.90)CO ($1819)Lucky Bob (Button) ($1372)SB ($1011.50)Preflop: Lucky Bob is Button with A :D, Q :D1 fold, MP bets $40, 1 fold, Lucky Bob raises to $60, SB raises to $80, 1 fold, MP calls $40, Lucky Bob calls $20Flop: ($260) 4 :5c, 5 :club:, 8 :3h (3 players)SB bets $20, MP raises to $40, Lucky Bob raises to $60, SB raises to $80, MP calls $33.90 (All-In), Lucky Bob calls $20Turn: ($493.90) 2 :qh (3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $40, Lucky Bob calls $40River: ($573.90) 3 :D (3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $40, Lucky Bob calls $40Total pot: $653.90 | Rake: $3Results:Lucky Bob had A :jh, Q :club: (straight, five high).SB had Q :ts, Q :4h (one pair, Queens).MP had 5 :D, 5 :( (three of a kind, fives).Outcome: Lucky Bob won $650.90

I made a deposit at Cake a couple days ago to try them out and this is my Feel Good Hand of the Day.I didn't give either player credit for much based on how they had been playing and pretty good chance I was going to call the river with my A hi as long as the 4th flush card didn't come.Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($1350.50)UTG ($2002.50)MP ($153.90)CO ($1819)Lucky Bob (Button) ($1372)SB ($1011.50)Preflop: Lucky Bob is Button with A :D, Q :D1 fold, MP bets $40, 1 fold, Lucky Bob raises to $60, SB raises to $80, 1 fold, MP calls $40, Lucky Bob calls $20Flop: ($260) 4 :5c, 5 :club:, 8 :3h(3 players)SB bets $20, MP raises to $40, Lucky Bob raises to $60, SB raises to $80, MP calls $33.90 (All-In), Lucky Bob calls $20Turn: ($493.90) 2 :qh(3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $40, Lucky Bob calls $40River: ($573.90) 3 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)SB bets $40, Lucky Bob calls $40Total pot: $653.90 | Rake: $3Results:Lucky Bob had A :jh, Q :club: (straight, five high).SB had Q :ts, Q :4h (one pair, Queens).MP had 5 :D, 5 :( (three of a kind, fives).Outcome: Lucky Bob won $650.90
This HH says " No-Limit" but it has to be limit, right? I didn't think cake had many limit games to speak of..
It pays to be a snitch..
Time for a story that I hope you find interesting from the early days of online poker.Middle of 1999 and the largest game online is 10/20 and I'm in a game at Planet Poker which of course was the first online site. Two players are really obviously colluding with each other but they also are horrible players and are losing a ton in my game but I still report the collusion.I get a phone call from Roy Cooke who is the Poker Room Manager at Planet. He and Daniel were pretty friendly at the time and Daniel had told him about his friend Bob who was doing well in the games at Planet. This phone call was the first time that I had any dealings with Roy but since Daniel had told him a bit about me he knew I was an experienced player. Roy told me that the players were in fact Brother In Laws who had been cheating but were losing a lot of money in the games. He told me that he hadn't banned them since they were such good action but had told them that they couldn't play in the same games together. He thought I would understand and not be upset about not banning them which was true. One of them stuck around for a few months donating to the games while I didn't see the other again.I miss the old days.
This HH says " No-Limit" but it has to be limit, right? I didn't think cake had many limit games to speak of..
It's limit.They don't have a lot of games but since I only look to play one or two games at a time they don't need to have many for me to give them some action.

So with PTR having parts of their database down, they lost my big downswing and it looks like they took some of Bob's good hands away. So for the moment, I look like a total badass and am crushing Bob's PTR score. I know it's temporary, but damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

So with PTR having parts of their database down, they lost my big downswing and it looks like they took some of Bob's good hands away. So for the moment, I look like a total badass and am crushing Bob's PTR score. I know it's temporary, but damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
You crush me in what matters anyway and that's money won.

How do yall handle having your roll on two different sites? I have roughly 150BB for the next limit on both stars and ftp so I basically could start taking some shots at the higher limit, but a daily swing could put me under 100BB on either site...is it worth waiting until you have at least 200BB or just play and dont worry about it?

How do yall handle having your roll on two different sites? I have roughly 150BB for the next limit on both stars and ftp so I basically could start taking some shots at the higher limit, but a daily swing could put me under 100BB on either site...is it worth waiting until you have at least 200BB or just play and dont worry about it?
this is another spot where it really pays to get out of the mindset of "i play at x limit" and think more like "i can play games from x to y" and then look for a good game and play it.
Some would say your roll is your roll no matter where it is. Technically this is true but it's not as easy to move monies around different sites anymore. Personally, I'd try to consolidate them on one site. If you don't consolidate them, then I'd try to keep them totally separate. Practicing BR management is all about reducing your risk of ruin. Then again, some would say unless your playing for a living that you don't really need a BR since you can always redeposit a couple hundo from your life roll.
Some would say your roll is your roll no matter where it is. Technically this is true but it's not as easy to move monies around different sites anymore. Personally, I'd try to consolidate them on one site. If you don't consolidate them, then I'd try to keep them totally separate. Practicing BR management is all about reducing your risk of ruin. Then again, some would say unless your playing for a living that you don't really need a BR since you can always redeposit a couple hundo from your life roll.
This somewhat sums up my thoughts...without neteller its all about finding people to trade (stupid govt.). I dont particularly want to combine rolls because I like being able to switch sites if I feel like I am running bad on one. Might be worth just thinking of them as separate rolls for now.

I'll post a Feel Good Hand from today.Poker Stars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 81314The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is MP with A :5c K :3h1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero caps!, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (12 SB) T :qh Q :D J :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB foldsTurn: (7 BB) 7 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsRiver: (9 BB) A :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsFinal Pot: 11 BBHero shows A :D K :D (a Royal Flush)SB mucks A :club: Q :diamond:Hero wins 10.7 BB(Rake: $3.00)

Day 3/4...Was cruising along playing my .25/.50 6-max. Up almost another 30BB and let a retard get under my skin after he put a couple of silly beats on me. Worst one was KK < 66 on a 3-5-7-K-4 board, villian is rambling on about his LHE prowess and for the first time ever I accept a "HU4ROLLZ" type challenge. Pretty stupid, but long story short, we end up on a $2/4 HU table, I get hit in the face with the deck and get up on him almost 30BB, he ends up quitting with me up 20BB.This is exactly the kind of thing I am trying my best not to do...I have got to learn more self control!!! Even though it worked out, it was dumb to let him tilt me to that point. Good news is I will have my kids for the next week as they are on Spring Break from school so I will be playing very little over the next few days. Bankroll $176.80

X-posted from the other forum:There are a billion 30/60 tables going today so I may put in a late session as well, but 600 hands for +$4.6k in the early rounds. I'm not sure how much I'm up for the month of March, but I do know that it's an obscene number. I honestly haven't had a losing day in 2 weeks. Scratch that, I don't think I've had a day where I won less than $2k in 2 weeks. What a sick game; I spend half my life thinking I couldn't possibly have a winning day and the other half thinking that I can't possibly have a losing day. I just need to learn to carry the confidence that I have now through my next downswing.Oh, since I remember what I wanted to say, I'll get a little tangential here. I've noticed that a couple of you comment in the chat about bad cards or bad beats a bit. None of it has been malicious or egregious or anything, but I think you guys underestimate the effect that chatting has on your image.By commenting when bad things happen, you're giving up any air of superiority or invincibility that you could have had. When I'm at the table, I want every player to fear me. Remember the hand I posted where I got the guy to fold top pair for a turn c/r? That's exactly the kind of thing that I want. I want them to think that I can 3-bet them with any 2, flop a pair every time, make all my semi-bluffs, and always run good. Cultivating that image will do amazing things for your win-rate. And me telling you this is going to help you more, in both the short and long-term, than anything that I can possibly tell you about a singular hand.So from now on, just try to appear invincible at the table. You can be friendly, but never complain. No mbn, fml, sick, unreal, etc. If someone berates you about a hand, just say something like "Yeah, I always seem to run good." or "Sorry, I just seem to get there a lot." Never get into an open pissing contest or explain your plays, just shrug them off, move on, and continue to appear like nothing affects you. It will help, I promise.