Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

i'm on one of the most ridiculous heaters that i've had in my life. up about 400BB (a fair bit of which was during shot-taking) in the last week including non-LHE games, without a losing day, and including only 2 losing sessions that totaled about 20BB.
I can't decide if I hate listening to "omgz I can't hit a super-duper-ultra-mega-draw ever in my life" jamie, or "i'm the bestest at teh pokerz" jamie more.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my downswing is at $26.2k. So much for my awesome February.
wow that sucks big time,and im gettin all worked up over a $65 downswing!! hope u pull out of it soon...heres too a good march (hopefully) :club:

Feel Dumb Hand of the DayPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with K :club:, K :3h2 folds, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO caps, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsFlop: (13.5 SB) J :D, 9 :qh, Q :ts(3 players)UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, CO raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsTurn: (9.75 BB) 9 :5c(3 players)UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, CO bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsRiver: (12.75 BB) 9 :4h(3 players)UTG+2 bets, Hero folds, CO callsTotal pot: $26 (13 BB) | Rake: $1Hard to win at this game when you do this.

Feel Dumb Hand of the DayPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP1 with K :club:, K :3h2 folds, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO caps, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsFlop: (13.5 SB) J :D, 9 :qh, Q :ts(3 players)UTG+2 bets, Hero calls, CO raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsTurn: (9.75 BB) 9 :5c(3 players)UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, CO bets, UTG+2 calls, Hero callsRiver: (12.75 BB) 9 :4h(3 players)UTG+2 bets, Hero folds, CO callsTotal pot: $26 (13 BB) | Rake: $1Hard to win at this game when you do this.
Misclick, right?A week ago, I was so focused on whether I had a good spot to semi-bluff the turn heads up, instead of c/r the flop, with two overs + a gutshot, when I got 3 bet on the turn, I got frazzeled and folded the river, not noticing that I hit my gutter. (/run on sentence)I guarantee that won't happen again. At least not this week.

bob, the more i play on stars, the more i find myself playing very similarly to some of the hands you post. apparently you know what you're doing :club:.

Misclick, right?A week ago, I was so focused on whether I had a good spot to semi-bluff the turn heads up, instead of c/r the flop, with two overs + a gutshot, when I got 3 bet on the turn, I got frazzeled and folded the river, not noticing that I hit my gutter. (/run on sentence)I guarantee that won't happen again. At least not this week.
Prettymuch. I was focusing so hard on reading hands and taking notes that I had UTG+2 pegged for either a Q or AA, and CO for a weak Jack or a gutshot. When the Q his I figured it boated the bettor, and I forgot I was even in the hand, really. I folded faster than lightning like it was 92o preflop, and immediately punched my desk and cursed myself out.
bob, the more i play on stars, the more i find myself playing very similarly to some of the hands you post. apparently you know what you're doing :club:.
Wash On, Wash Off GrasshopperI know I'm mixing my Asians but whatever.
In all seriousness there is a certain orthodox way that a lot of the regular players at Stars play. Let's call it 2+2 itis. Players who play that way can be exploited and it doesn't surprise me that a smart player yourself is figuring out how to do that.
I'm thinking Bob checks that turn we were discussing yesterday. One thing that I never even considered stylistically is that "someone" may check a lot of turns even with made hands in that situation too. I wouldn't, but "someone" may.
In all seriousness there is a certain orthodox way that a lot of the regular players at Stars play. Let's call it 2+2 itis. Players who play that way can be exploited and it doesn't surprise me that a smart player yourself is figuring out how to do that.
yea, it's totally an adaptive thing--like, the most ridiculous thing that pretty much everyone does is autobet the river when i check the turn, without any regard for what my range for doing so might be, or what i'd fold or call the river with. honestly, it's making stuff like bottom pair and ace high become nearly profitable for me.yea, 4-itis is about right. they should get high more, you know, expand their minds, man.
yea, it's totally an adaptive thing--like, the most ridiculous thing that pretty much everyone does is autobet the river when i check the turn, without any regard for what my range for doing so might be, or what i'd fold or call the river with. honestly, it's making stuff like bottom pair and ace high become nearly profitable for me.yea, 4-itis is about right. they should get high more, you know, expand their minds, man.
One of my favourite plays is when I have ace something in the big and just call the raise to play a hand heads up. The flop will come something like 9 6 3 rainbow and I check call the flop. An ace hits the turn and I'll check call and then on the river the guy with the 10 J will fire again since he can't win if there's a showdown.Playing a hand this way will also put the message into some opponent's mind that you'll only be betting your big hands and then of course we can use that to our advantage and steal some pots.
favourite
get back in your igloo.but yeah, i've been doing very similar things lately. my flop and river aggression have gone up, and my turn aggression has gone pretty significantly down, generally speaking. i'm doing a lot of donkbet/3betting in spots where i know 4-itis-ers are going to be raising donkbets, etc, and it's leading me to do weird shit like b/3b/f sometimes, but i'm pretty close to 100% confident about nearly every decision i'm making due to the tagfish that are all over stars.
Seriously have the games gotten looser lately?
I was thinking that too this past week, until I ran into nitville at 1/2 FR tonight. I had a loose passive to my left at one table, and a maniac to my left at the other, and they apparently hold my nuts. Despite the two loosies, the table VP$IP's were 13% and 17% respectively, and I was card dead and in shitty position to steal/resteal. I looked for better tables, but got my hands in before my name came up on the 7-10 deep waiting lists.BTW, net result, -1.375 BB.

I feel like I got cheated out of monies in this pot. PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with 5 :club:, 6 :tsUTG raises, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero callsFlop: (6 SB) 9 :D, 7 :4h, 4 :5c(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, SB callsTurn: (7.5 BB) 3 :3h(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, 2 foldsTotal pot: $15 (7.5 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero didn't show 5 :qh, 6 :D (nothing).Outcome: Hero won $14.50

QUOTE (Mattnxtc @ Monday, March 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM) I can remember just 6 months ago when 3-4BB was a great table...seems odd to see less then 5 these days.What?I haz cunfuzions.
+1Oh and I am back to the grind in LHE tonight. I haven't played much LHE at all since my 30/60 meltdown night when the billionth hand hit. Wish me luck. If I immediately downswing my head might explode.And my goal tonight is to have no idea how much up or down I am until the session ends.Gonna try for 15k LHE hands this month. Weeeeeeee.
+1Oh and I am back to the grind in LHE tonight. I haven't played much LHE at all since my 30/60 meltdown night when the billionth hand hit. Wish me luck. If I immediately downswing my head might explode.And my goal tonight is to have no idea how much up or down I am until the session ends.Gonna try for 15k LHE hands this month. Weeeeeeee.
i'm not sure this is such a good idea. if you start out playing and losing you should probably just go do something else. but if you start winning you should feel glued to the game.