Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound logic does not always lead to a correct decision :ts.I actually just registered as a Libertarian when I renewed my license a couple weeks ago.
oh, good, at least libertarians have a logically consistent plan for kicking poor people and minorities in the teeth. :club:
Hey Checky...you have now join the rest of the population in waking up before I go to bed. Congratz.
i think that if you go to bed after noon, it's more like going to bed really early than it is going to bed really late.thanks, though. i dared to dream.

Last night I was 4 tabling, taking notes, paying attention, winning/losing pots....whatever. Table one: I lost every pot in the first 60 hands and found myself down 50BB's. You know how it almost seems like your in a bad seat or something. Anyway, one player said to another player something like, "can you spell tilt"? He was obviously referring to me. The thing is, I've gone to showdown with the barrage of beats and I didn't play any of them in a tilty fashion. That player got up very soon after the comment so I didn't get to see if he would change up his play vs me. Can I assume this player isn't running a HUD and doesn't look at the HH, or is he leveling me?ended the session only down 20bb's. Table two: I won every pot in the first 60 hands and found myself up 25bb's. Table three and four were small winners and I ended up for the night. It's very strange to be in seats at two polar extremes of running good/bad in the same session.

Last night I was 4 tabling, taking notes, paying attention, winning/losing pots....whatever. Table one: I lost every pot in the first 60 hands and found myself down 50BB's. You know how it almost seems like your in a bad seat or something. Anyway, one player said to another player something like, "can you spell tilt"? He was obviously referring to me. The thing is, I've gone to showdown with the barrage of beats and I didn't play any of them in a tilty fashion. That player got up very soon after the comment so I didn't get to see if he would change up his play vs me. Can I assume this player isn't running a HUD and doesn't look at the HH, or is he leveling me?
i wouldn't assume that he's not running a HUD, but not looking at the HHs, yes, def. i get comments like this a whole, whole bunch.
ended the session only down 20bb's. Table two: I won every pot in the first 60 hands and found myself up 25bb's. Table three and four were small winners and I ended up for the night. It's very strange to be in seats at two polar extremes of running good/bad in the same session.
again, this is extremely common for me, too. like, i played 4 tables today: +60BB on one, +30 on another, -60, and even. (all ish)i would say that it's important to remain conscious of your image on various tables, and keep really good track of when that image makes your playing there less profitable. i don't really like to switch tables since i prefer to utilize information, but i will ALWAYS immed get up if my image gets screwed up in such a way that i feel like i could win more starting fresh elsewhere.
I have absolutely no idea what the rating system means. I'm glad I'm winning though.
After my 250 hand 74 Big Bet session we are now tied at 61.Time for you to go on another heater I think.

Q. How is the PokerTableRatings player rating displayed on the player overview page calculated?This rating is from 0 to 100 and higher is better. This feature is currently in beta and as such the formula is subject to being changed. The exact formula is proprietary, however we say that it takes many factors into account such as career/recent win rates, career/recent hands played, and winnings. The rating can change very often, even daily, based on the play habits and winnings of the player.lool, sounds scientificy. :club:

Q. How is the PokerTableRatings player rating displayed on the player overview page calculated?This rating is from 0 to 100 and higher is better. This feature is currently in beta and as such the formula is subject to being changed. The exact formula is proprietary, however we say that it takes many factors into account such as career/recent win rates, career/recent hands played, and winnings. The rating can change very often, even daily, based on the play habits and winnings of the player.lool, sounds scientificy. :club:
It's pretty silly.Unless my rating is higher than Dinks in which case it's gospel

i've been between a 42 and 53 today, currently hovering at 49. i think i'll just make one post a day with my rating, since their complicated formula for calculating it will get at anything worth mentioning anyway.so, to start:49.

oh, good, at least libertarians have a logically consistent plan for kicking poor people and minorities in the teeth. :club:
Poor people kick themselves in the teeth. There are very few excuses for being poor in this country. Most poor people have the means to not be poor if they wish. I grew up lower middle class..."poor" for all intense and purposes, fwiw. I have family members who still insist upon living that lifestyle. Yes, it is a lifestyle choice (for most) as far as I'm concerned. I also married a minority and currently live with that minority's family. Also, the area I live in offers me a unique perspective that most white people do not get to experience. There are definitely challenges that minorities face that white people do not, but none that cannot be overcome. I know each perspective better than most white liberals* who think the government is the only way to keep things "fair". A free market is the true equalizer. I'm not saying there is no role for government with regard to these issues, but it should be quite limited.*When I say "white liberals" that's not any kind of personal shot at you, checky.

I'm pretty sure the rating is really stupid after looking at a few people's that I know. And not just because I'm losing now. Though that does make me sad. :club:

I grew up lower middle class..."poor" for all intensive purposes, fwiw.I'm not saying there is no roll for government with regard to these issues, but it should be quite limited.
I mean this in the most kind and helpful manner possible: I think you intended 'intents and purposes' and 'role' (the second is easily a mistype).Earlier today, I saw someone write 'peddle to the meddle'. While that has a nice symmetry, they got both words wrong and completely left the origin of the phrase.
I'm pretty sure the rating is really stupid after looking at a few people's that I know.
Last I checked, I was 55 on Bodog and much lower elsewhere.

This was a first for me. I think I like the triple donk over the triple c/r.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with K :D, K :ts4 folds, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB callsFlop: (6 SB) 2 :qh, 5 :4h, J :D(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsTurn: (5 BB) 4 :D(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsRiver: (9 BB) 2 :5c(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsTotal pot: $52 (13 BB) | Rake: $2Results:SB mucked J :club:, Q :D (two pair, Jacks and twos).Hero had K :jh, K :3h (two pair, Kings and twos).Outcome: Hero won $50

I mean this in the most kind and helpful manner possible: I think you intended 'intents and purposes' and 'role' (the second is easily a mistype).Earlier today, I saw someone write 'peddle to the meddle'. While that has a nice symmetry, they got both words wrong and completely left the origin of the phrase.
Ty...yeah my lack of quality education clearly shows sometimes. I went to public high school in Tennessee and college at the University of Maine. lol I apologize for my ignorance.Its quite embarrassing to attempt to make a somewhat thoughtful post and say something so retarded.

villain is 19/15/2.44 over 348 hands.edit: his flop c/r is 5/31 which is really high. Is this turn play terrible or standard?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with Q :club:, J :qh2 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, SB callsFlop: (9 SB) K :ts, 7 :D, 4 :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero callsTurn: (6.5 BB) Q :5c(2 players)SB bets, Hero callsRiver: (8.5 BB) J :3h(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsTotal pot: $50 (12.5 BB) | Rake: $2

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with Q :club:, J :qh2 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, SB callsFlop: (9 SB) K :ts, 7 :D, 4 :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero callsTurn: (6.5 BB) Q :5c(2 players)SB bets, Hero callsRiver: (8.5 BB) J :3h(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsTotal pot: $50 (12.5 BB) | Rake: $2
I don't understand pre-flop or river.