Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the help guys, it all makes sense i think. i think my problem is that im playing too fast and not really thinking everything through. had a great start to my session tonight, was up 30BB through my first 100 hands and feeling great. then AP realized that I shouldn't be allowed to win any more half decent sized pots and I lost 80BB over my next 700 hands. felt myself starting to tilt so I just shut it down early. just one of those sessions where every meaningful pot goes the wrong way.
you have the most bitchin' avatar ever.
fwiw, albeit a little late:in the first hand, if you are the type of player that likes his info, i would play the hand exactly like you did. if you're too cool for school and don't think you get much out of showing shit down, bet/folding the turn is fine at most limits.
So you think that donking that flop is right or do you mean as played?
So you think that donking that flop is right or do you mean as played?
OHHH, i totally whiffed that the villain capped pre because of the coloring.um, that's a super weird hand to have come up so early, because i would do all sorts of different stuff with it depending on info. i suppose that as a default i would just mash the check and call button since i likey me the info, but i have b/3b/c/folded turn UI, c/r/f-ed, b/f-ed, mashed c/c, c/ced flop, donk/folded turn, and all sorts of stuff before in very similar spots oop.
(this is 6m, right? 3betting at fr is prob bad).
5 folds preflop looks like full ring or 8 handed to me.
I haven't been so immediately struck with a piece of music for a long time
Heard it whilst watching High Fidelity earlier, it's so very relaxing.
I know it's old, but I just heard this and I think it's absolutely amazing:
Not a RickRoll.
um, that's a super weird hand to have come up so early, because i would do all sorts of different stuff with it depending on info. i suppose that as a default i would just mash the check and call button since i likey me the info, but i have b/3b/c/folded turn UI, c/r/f-ed, b/f-ed, mashed c/c, c/ced flop, donk/folded turn, and all sorts of stuff before in very similar spots oop.
Also, yeah...no information yet, low-stakes game, etc. I just show it down and hope he values himself with 99.

Every night in my dreams...I see you...I feeeeeel youThat is how I know you go ooooonnnFar across the distance...and spaces...betweeeeeeen usYou have come to show you gooo ooonnnnNear, faaaarrrr, whereeeeevvvvveeeer you areI believe that the heart does go onnnnnn

What'd I miss? PM me someone?I thought you guys might like to know that I'm having my best month ever. I don't know exact numbers, but I think I'm like $15k ahead of my next best month ever. And I've put in about 1/3 of my average monthly volume. God it's nice to run good.

Feelgood hand of the month for meThis is honestly the first 20+ BB Pot I've won in over 6K hands and I feel like I played it horribly. What do you think?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with 9 :D, 8 :club:UTG calls, MP raises, Hero calls, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG callsFlop: (9 SB) 10 :D, K :club:, 7 :ts(4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, MP caps, Hero calls, SB callsTurn: (10.5 BB) J :D(3 players)SB bets, MP calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, MP calls, Hero caps, SB calls, MP callsRiver: (22.5 BB) 3 :5c(3 players)SB bets, MP calls, Hero raises, SB calls, MP callsTotal pot: $28.50 (28.5 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results in white below: Hero had 9 :jh, 8 :club: (straight, Jack high).SB mucked 9 :3h, K :qh (one pair, Kings).MP mucked A :D, K :4h (one pair, Kings).Outcome: Hero won $28

What'd I miss? PM me someone?I thought you guys might like to know that I'm having my best month ever. I don't know exact numbers, but I think I'm like $15k ahead of my next best month ever. And I've put in about 1/3 of my average monthly volume. God it's nice to run good.
Dude...stfu. I'm only down the equivalent of like 220BB this month. That's only half my low point. It's been a pretty sick week, though pretty bad month, results-wise. I think it has been a pretty big month for everything but bankroll, though, thusly.
Dealt to Hero [J :club: J :diamond: ] 1 fold, villain raises, 6 folds, hero 3 bets, villain caps, hero calls*** FLOP *** (8.5SB) [9 :diamond: 4 :spade: A :heart: ]hero bets, villain calls*** TURN *** (5.25BB) [9 :diamond: 4 :spade: A :heart: ] [6 :spade: ]hero checks, villain checks*** RIVER *** (5.25BB) [9 :diamond: 4 :spade: A :heart: ] [6 :spade: ] [2 :club: ]hero bets, villain raises, hero calls*** SHOW DOWN ***
I'm a bit late to this party too, but doesnt donking into the guy who put in the last bet / capped PF get you raised by like 90% of his range and you really have no idea if you still have the best hand? Also if you donk the flop dont you need to b/f the turn and keep up the agression for the times you decide to bluff and just go with it?
I'm a bit late to this party too, but doesnt donking into the guy who put in the last bet / capped PF get you raised by like 90% of his range and you really have no idea if you still have the best hand? Also if you donk the flop dont you need to b/f the turn and keep up the agression for the times you decide to bluff and just go with it?
I would say this is basically all true. I think it's a donk I would keep out of my playbook at this level.
PTR was perfectly accurate on my hands for over 2 weeks, now it's missing them like crazy. Weird site.
yea, it was always really streaky with me on AP, too. it worked fine (only whiffing on some hands as i started tables), then totally bricked out two weeks of play or so, and kept going on that sort of cycle.

I really don't want to look up my stats on PTR. Having PT tell me where I stand is quite enough. Oddly enough, OPR doesn't bother me a bit.

Sorry if that was long, but I thought it through as I typed. Is his 3-betting range much wider, and is he peeling more than I think on the flop?
Cool
fwiw, albeit a little late:and i will not really be able to go into any detail, but don't play on AP. like, for serious.
heh
God the oscars tilt the shit out of me..... Kung-Fu Panda got so fing robbed.
FYP
I thought you guys might like to know that I'm having my best month ever. I don't know exact numbers, but I think I'm like $15k ahead of my next best month ever. And I've put in about 1/3 of my average monthly volume. God it's nice to run good.
This is so sweet. I'm sure you feel in total control and in the zone when you're owning the shit out of people. Sometimes I get whiffs of this zone and it's a very pure state of mind.
This is so sweet. I'm sure you feel in total control and in the zone when you're owning the shit out of people. Sometimes I get whiffs of this zone and it's a very pure state of mind.
This zone is as misleading as that zone where you think, "I can't win a pot." Even the zone where you're winning 2/100 (or winrate X) is misleading. Separately none of them have much to do with reality or anything you can control.
This zone is as misleading as that zone where you think, "I can't win a pot." Even the zone where you're winning 2/100 (or winrate X) is misleading. Separately none of them have much to do with reality or anything you can control.
The zone I was speaking of is where every decision you make is correct and you know it's correct. It's that place where you can narrow your opponents hands down to the point where you know the best line to take to get max value or min loss. I only get the occasional taste online but I've been in this place many times live and it's like I'm a poker zen budda. It has nothing to do with the actual cards.
i passionately disagree for the same reasons i would advise anybody to keep playing when they are winning and quit if they are losing. you can control how you are playing and you tend to play better when you have been winning a lot. i attribute a lot of my recent success to controlling which "zone" i choose to play in. i'm getting sidetracked, but i had a poker epiphany the day i heard the phrase something like "getting up and walking away from a game is a weapon. use it to gain an edge". it of course works in the other way too.

OK, I don't disagree with that. I meant that LHE is a weird game, and the reality is you're not going to sustain any kind of awesomeness for that long, and it's probably not great to assume you should. As an ideal, you should be basically oblivious of your results (not the image of them), but in reality you're definately right.

The zone I was speaking of is where every decision you make is correct and you know it's correct. It's that place where you can narrow your opponents hands down to the point where you know the best line to take to get max value or min loss. I only get the occasional taste online but I've been in this place many times live and it's like I'm a poker zen budda. It has nothing to do with the actual cards.
Running bad can make this pretty impossible to detect, though. Great value bets can look really, really stupid sometimes. If you can still feel in the zone with a sick K-high v-bet when the dude turns over second pair I suppose this would be pretty ****ing zoned in, though.