Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Guess it depends on my mood on the day. Recently I've been loving the mini adrenalin rushes from listening to AC/DC, Beethoven. Black Sabbath. Really helps me focus. Other days I'll be listening to jazz, blues and ska.If I take a few beats at once I suddenly find any music I'm listening to annoying and distracting, but that's usually a good time to stop anyway.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browsing 2p2 lately has made me realize that I still have a lot of work to do on my ego. I get somewhat annoyed at never being mentioned in regs threads or best of lists. And I have grown far too interested in my own PTR page.It's also made me realize that even with as much work as I need to do, I am lightyears ahead of most of those assholes. They're like middleschoolers with low self esteem.
I meant to replyto this yesterday.The only advantage to getting mentioned in those sort of things is to find out information about what others are thinking of you.The last couple months I've been reading the 2+2 Limit areas more since so many of the people that I play against post there and I can find out how they are thinking. I think the advent of PTR has probably bruised a lot of their egos since they can't hide their in some cases very mediocre results.It's human nature to look at PTR lists etc and see how you compare to others. I actually wish my results in comparison were worse since I don't think I'm a great player or anything and I would love to have more players doing better than I am.
I meant to replyto this yesterday.The only advantage to getting mentioned in those sort of things is to find out information about what others are thinking of you.The last couple months I've been reading the 2+2 Limit areas more since so many of the people that I play against post there and I can find out how they are thinking. I think the advent of PTR has probably bruised a lot of their egos since they can't hide their in some cases very mediocre results.It's human nature to look at PTR lists etc and see how you compare to others. I actually wish my results in comparison were worse since I don't think I'm a great player or anything and I would love to have more players doing better than I am.
Yeah I think I prefer not to be mentioned at all tbh. Sometimes I feel slightly insulted not to be, though, and I feel like that's an incredibly stupid feeling to have. Oh and nice brag about having a higher PTR win-rate than I do. Subtle. :club: But I would say that you are a pretty great player and one of the very top few in the games you're playing in. Sick graph too btw.
Yeah I think I prefer not to be mentioned at all tbh. Sometimes I feel slightly insulted not to be, though, and I feel like that's an incredibly stupid feeling to have. Oh and nice brag about having a higher PTR win-rate than I do. Subtle. :club: But I would say that you are a pretty great player and one of the very top few in the games you're playing in. Sick graph too btw.
Hey, it's all about money won and you crush me on that.I'm like Lester Freaman from the first season of the Wire. I'm happy to sit in my rocking chair and not work up a sweat or get too stressed while you young guys pass us by and get the glory. Get us old guys motivated though and we can jump up and surprise the youngins sometimes.

Teach me Bob :club: I have decided to cash out down to $800 at the end of the month and play as many hands of .5/1 LHE as I can in 6 weeks starting Monday. I consider it punishment for losing $700 or whatever it was the other night and I have a pretty decent winrate at .5/1 compared to 1/2. I figure I should be back to a $2200 bankroll in 6 weeks or so if all goes well/really well. So I guess that's my challenge. $800 to $2200 in 6 weeks - all at .5/1. Weeeee.This is subject to change considering how far I go in the Turbo Takedown Sunday. :ts

Teach me Bob :club: I have decided to cash out down to $800 at the end of the month and play as many hands of .5/1 LHE as I can in 6 weeks starting Monday. I consider it punishment for losing $700 or whatever it was the other night and I have a pretty decent winrate at .5/1 compared to 1/2. I figure I should be back to a $2200 bankroll in 6 weeks or so if all goes well/really well. So I guess that's my challenge. $800 to $2200 in 6 weeks - all at .5/1. Weeeee.This is subject to change considering how far I go in the Turbo Takedown Sunday. :ts
Why all at .5/1? Even $800 is roll enough to play 1/2.
God dam AC/DC is good poker playing music. I gotta get me some more of their live albums, they're good at working me up into a war like frenzy ready to obliterate anyone in my path.
I have had 17/20 winning sessions while listening to The Microphones' The Glow Part II. It's so lucky.
Whats PTR??Also - Dutch got his chat back, but i've yet to witness any disturbing/hillarious chat posted. Please to be remedying this
Poker Table Ratings!
FYPActually had a ::gasp:: losing session today. Started out +$2k, but ended on a -$3.6k downer. Just ran into a lot of nasty spots. I think I played ok, but not great.
Also - Dutch got his chat back, but i've yet to witness any disturbing/hillarious chat posted. Please to be remedying this
I've been so out-of-my-head on tilt the past two months that I've been pretty nonchatty. A few days ago I typed the lyrics to all the songs from Disney's Aladdin, from memory, as the table begged me to stop, but not a ton else has happened.
FYPActually had a ::gasp:: losing session today. Started out +$2k, but ended on a -$3.6k downer. Just ran into a lot of nasty spots. I think I played ok, but not great.
These 2 hands are indicitive of the great poker I just played. 300 hands for another 50+ Big Bets.I dare anybody else to have a winning sessions with hands like this :club: PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is CO with K :(, K :tsUTG raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, SB caps, 1 fold, UTG calls, Hero callsFlop: (13 SB) K :D, Q :D, 4 :4h (3 players)SB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero callsTurn: (10 BB) A :3d (2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsRiver: (18 BB) K :club: (2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsTotal pot: $520 (26 BB) | Rake: $3Results:SB mucked Q :5c, Q :qc (full house, Queens over Kings).Hero had K :club:, K :3h (four of a kind, Kings).Outcome: Hero won $517PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with 10 :7s, 10 :club:1 fold, MP raises, 1 fold, Button 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls, MP callsFlop: (9.5 SB) 8 :club:, J :jh, 10 :club: (3 players)Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls, MP callsTurn: (10.75 BB) 10 :qh (3 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, MP calls, Button callsRiver: (22.75 BB) A :D (3 players)Hero bets, 1 fold, Button callsTotal pot: $495 (24.75 BB) | Rake: $3Results:Button mucked 9 :club:, 7 :D (straight, Jack high).Hero had 10 :club:, 10 :club: (four of a kind, tens).Outcome: Hero won $492

Managed to salvage a win today. Grinded my ass off for it though. I think the final tally is like 2550 hands for +$900 or so. Plus a shit ton of FPPs.

i played some LHE and had my second biggest loser on stars ever in terms of BB. i lost 22BB. :(i think ima try to log 200 or so hands a day of 6max without withdrawing, and see if that puts me back at 10/20 by august. that's the plan, anyway.

I got 3rd in that $26 lhe tourney on FTP today, and I'm currently 2/8 the little lhe donkfest on stars. Not much money but it makes for a good day, assuming I take this one down. I'll probably be swearing to myself under my breath in 20 minutes though.

Im trying to compare my results with different players/hand at a given limit in HEM. Can anyone help me set up a filter for that? the only way i can see to do it so far is to just keep changing the filter back and forth between different #'s of players in the hand.Edit: OMG, wow. there's a dropdown for it. ISAHEM.

gg FG

Why all at .5/1? Even $800 is roll enough to play 1/2.
Cause I'm a weeny that has a nice winrate at .5/1 but I've sucked (since getting the HUD going) at 1/2. Barely beating it now for something like .2/100. :club: Loser at 2/4 but that's over a small sample and most of that is tilt issues (I think). I might move up if I crush .5/1 for 2 or 3 weeks. I dunno. Confidence is a funny thing.