Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd page wtf? Checky moves to NL and you all just give up on posting eh?
It's because his posts about how bad he runs always keep this near the top so it's easier to find.

Most of the spots that give me trouble are really specific to read and table dynamics now, but I'm just going to start posting some hands regardless, just to spark some interaction. Hold on.Edit: man, most spots in LHE are pretty easy and pretty much the same. How do I suck so hard?

Here's one that I think I could have played a bunch of ways, several better than this. Preflop: Hero is BB with Adiamond.gif, 8diamond.gif1 fold, MP (poster) checks, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 foldFlop: (5.5 SB) 10heart.gif, 8heart.gif, 4diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero callsTurn: (3.75 BB) 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero callsRiver: (5.75 BB) Aheart.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises

Isn't that all the more reason to b/f?
Fuckers don't raise me, so I can't fold.I don't know if they just don't see the flush or if I take some kind of wtf line that makes them too curious. As for LHE, I've put in enough hands and tried to get better but I'm still not beating 2/4. I think I'm going to move down a level and see if I can start winning. If this doesn't happen, I'm going to start to play NL, HORSE, sng's or MTT's where I can start making money at this game again.

Well, the b/f line isn't taken with the hope that he will make you fold. If you never have to fold the best hand, you can value-hammer away with impunity. (plus, we beat a lot of two pair hands in this particular spot.) Post more hands, too.

Well, the b/f line isn't taken with the hope that he will make you fold. If you never have to fold the best hand, you can value-hammer away with impunity. (plus, we beat a lot of two pair hands in this particular spot.) Post more hands, too.
I meant the b/f line on a 4 flush board specifically to win w/o a showdown. Like, you folded A8 right?and here's a hand that's kind of embarrassing. dude is a 40/20/2.5PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with A :D, 10 :3hHero raises, 2 folds, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, SB callsFlop: (9 SB) A :qh, J :5c, A :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsTurn: (5.5 BB) 5 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero callsRiver: (9.5 BB) J :4h(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsTotal pot: $70 (17.5 BB) | Rake: $2Results:SB had J :D, J :D (four of a kind, Jacks).Hero had A :jh, 10 :D (full house, Aces over Jacks).Outcome: SB won $68

600 hand session for +$5.4k.I even had a winning session at 100/200. Woot +6.5 bets.This game just doesn't have the same edge to it when you've forgotten what it's like to lose.

600 hand session for +$5.4k.I even had a winning session at 100/200. Woot +6.5 bets.This game just doesn't have the same edge to it when you've forgotten what it's like to lose.
5.4k is like 2 months work for me...if I run good.I must get better.
I've played three sessions today, the first and the last I ran into my stoploss in under 100 hands. Everyone winning is probably cheating.
I might be, just unknowingly. I've run so smoothly lately. It's not the type of hot where you're getting AA and KK every other hand, or the kind where you're making big suckouts, I'm just right a little more often than I should be, I'm flopping a few too many pairs and I'm not losing the monster pots.But also I'm playing the best poker I've ever played. If I improve as much in this next year as I did in the last one, I'll be the best player in the world by July. And also guys, don't take my gloating the wrong way. I'm not getting too big of a head or anything and I understand that I'm running hot. So don't let me bullshitting around offend you.

Browsing 2p2 lately has made me realize that I still have a lot of work to do on my ego. I get somewhat annoyed at never being mentioned in regs threads or best of lists. And I have grown far too interested in my own PTR page.It's also made me realize that even with as much work as I need to do, I am lightyears ahead of most of those assholes. They're like middleschoolers with low self esteem.

I played in a live tournament at the WSOP cuirut today, it's the first time I've played live limit in a couple years ( other than a couple 3-6 sessions waiting to get into a NL table) I didn't cash, obv. I think the most I ever had more than the starting stack was 500 chips. But I mean, I played so ****ing well. It was staggering to me how much of a better player I am live, how well I read people and situations. Though I didn't cash in this game, it's completely cemented in my mind that I need to move to a place where I can play live LHE within the next year, after my dad's estate gets closed. I love live so much.

Browsing 2p2 lately has made me realize that I still have a lot of work to do on my ego. I get somewhat annoyed at never being mentioned in regs threads or best of lists. And I have grown far too interested in my own PTR page.It's also made me realize that even with as much work as I need to do, I am lightyears ahead of most of those assholes. They're like middleschoolers with low self esteem.
i have the same problem with plo8. they give wells to people who i know are lifetime losers and nobody mentions me but i have one of the highest winrates in the game. i thought about it for a while, and you know what, its not like tournaments where our notoriety intimidates and helps us. everybody thinks im a huge spewing fish and thats a good thing.ego<<<<<<<<<<<<<money

I was at the lowest bankroll point I've hit in like 7 months after a horrific night. Then I sat down with an absolute retard HU, busted him. Played and quit a couple other less horrible people, found another retard, busted him, started some FR, started some 6-max, etc. Ended on my day on the sickest uptick I've ever seen. Balla' balla'.