Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

I appreciate the fact that you appreciate the gravity of my hell, as a non minbettor. ---I've made a decision to drop another limit until I get my mojo back. Let's say 200BB. I'm -40BB so far, but I think committing to this will help me own the reality of my new situation. I seriously ****ing hate don't like this gay-ass game anymore. Look for me at the .1/.2 NL tables.
Don't be cutting into my profit lol
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I hadn't dropped $12k+ at 100/200 this month, I'd be absolutely crushing so far this year. As it stands, I'm doing pretty decently and if a couple good shots work out, I will have a real chance at making my lofty goals for this year a reality. I am playing the best I've ever played and it feels great. Good luck everyone. There is a ton of talent here and I'd be genuinely sad if some of you guys who are going through tough times gave up.

Quick thought- If any of you guys have interesting hands to post, it would be nice to get a little more activity in the strat forums. I know that there are plenty of people who can't keep up with this thread 100% of the time and they would certainly benefit from a little discussion in there. Also, I know that at least I, personally, will give more attention to individual hands if they are posted there, just because it gives me time to organize thoughts and such before moving on/forgetting about the hand. Just a thought, still love this thread, etc.

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $30.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with 9 :5c, 9 :club:UTG raises, MP calls, 1 fold, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP calls, Button callsFlop: (17 SB) J :D, 4 :D, 10 :jh(4 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Button callsTurn: (10.5 BB) 7 :3h(4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero raises, 2 folds, Button callsRiver: (14.5 BB) 6 :qh(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsTotal pot: $495 (16.5 BB) | Rake: $3Results in white below: Button mucked 8 :ts, 8 :D (one pair, eights).Hero had 9 :D, 9 :4h (one pair, nines).Outcome: Hero won $492Go ahead. Tell me how good I am.

WTF with the 4 posts in a row?Just had to pop in to say ship the first ever +$10k day. (Actually something like 10.7k, but whatevs.)I promise you guys that are struggling that it's worth it to put together a couple days like this where you just feel like not only do you win every pot, but you wouldn't dream of making a mistake. Just keep working and it'll happen.I'd also like to express my regret that I can't post any awesome graphs from this computer. :club:

WTF with the 4 posts in a row?Just had to pop in to say ship the first ever +$10k day. (Actually something like 10.7k, but whatevs.)I promise you guys that are struggling that it's worth it to put together a couple days like this where you just feel like not only do you win every pot, but you wouldn't dream of making a mistake. Just keep working and it'll happen.I'd also like to express my regret that I can't post any awesome graphs from this computer. :club:
Apparently everyone is playing NL.Congrats. I would keep playing on that computer fwiw. Not that I believe in that kind of thing.In your last hand, a lot of it makes sense. Although it took me 5-10 mins for it to, let alone thinking that way during a hand.Was the turn/river play based on a specific player read or just a general read based on the preflop/flop action?On the run bad note, I read a great post on another forum a while ago re:variance. It both made me feel better and scared the hell out of me at the same time. Specifically how bad and how often seriously disgusting downswings can happen to good players. But, they are still winning over the long run.

Basically that hand starts on the turn. The flop is really close to a c/f, but I feel like my range is strong enough and the 3bettor's position is perfect for a bet. On the turn, I basically know that the button never has me beat, but may bet as a semi-bluff/for a free showdown with KQ, AQ, AK, 88, all of which make up the largest part of his range. If one of the other two players bets, I can peel the turn and c/f the river unimproved, and if it checks through, awesome, I get a free card. Additionally, if the button bets, I can raise with impunity given my read. This gives me the opportunity to raise the other two guys off of the T's, weak J's, and draws that almost entirely make up their range, and none of which can call. In this spot, that all works perfectly and I get to raise and force out the other two. On the river, he's peeling all the hands that he bet on the turn and while there's a small chance he's ahead of me, I have to pay off a bet if I check anyway, while he can't even raise me with like QQ if I bet, so I bet and hope he pays off with AK or AQ and he obliges with 88.That's all rambley and unfocused, but that's the basic idea.

CongratsI won't bore anyone with the details, but I pretty much half of my live br last night in a game where I didn't think it would ever be possible for that to happen, especially in such a short period of time. I'll probably not play live again for a while. With the rake as much as it is it's not worth it for me to drop down. On the way home I deposited the rest of it into the checking account and it belongs to the wife now.So..I'm starting over online with a short br again. I've been there before. I'll be fine. I hope.
Basically that hand starts on the turn. The flop is really close to a c/f, but I feel like my range is strong enough and the 3bettor's position is perfect for a bet. On the turn, I basically know that the button never has me beat, but may bet as a semi-bluff/for a free showdown with KQ, AQ, AK, 88, all of which make up the largest part of his range. If one of the other two players bets, I can peel the turn and c/f the river unimproved, and if it checks through, awesome, I get a free card.Additionally, if the button bets, I can raise with impunity given my read. This gives me the opportunity to raise the other two guys off of the T's, weak J's, and draws that almost entirely make up their range, and none of which can call. In this spot, that all works perfectly and I get to raise and force out the other two.On the river, he's peeling all the hands that he bet on the turn and while there's a small chance he's ahead of me, I have to pay off a bet if I check anyway, while he can't even raise me with like QQ if I bet, so I bet and hope he pays off with AK or AQ and he obliges with 88.That's all rambley and unfocused, but that's the basic idea.
I love you.um..I mean, nh.

I just started playing limit again a few days ago and just simply dont have time to play much, about 3 150 ish hand sessions.look at this SICK start the first 60 hands looooooooooooooooooool021109.jpg

I just started playing limit again a few days ago and just simply dont have time to play much, about 3 150 ish hand sessions.look at this SICK start the first 60 hands looooooooooooooooooool021109.jpg
PWYGB....imo
Basically that hand starts on the turn. The flop is really close to a c/f, but I feel like my range is strong enough and the 3bettor's position is perfect for a bet. On the turn, I basically know that the button never has me beat, but may bet as a semi-bluff/for a free showdown with KQ, AQ, AK, 88, all of which make up the largest part of his range. If one of the other two players bets, I can peel the turn and c/f the river unimproved, and if it checks through, awesome, I get a free card. Additionally, if the button bets, I can raise with impunity given my read. This gives me the opportunity to raise the other two guys off of the T's, weak J's, and draws that almost entirely make up their range, and none of which can call. In this spot, that all works perfectly and I get to raise and force out the other two. On the river, he's peeling all the hands that he bet on the turn and while there's a small chance he's ahead of me, I have to pay off a bet if I check anyway, while he can't even raise me with like QQ if I bet, so I bet and hope he pays off with AK or AQ and he obliges with 88.That's all rambley and unfocused, but that's the basic idea.
Reading your thoughts through a hand make me want to play limit SOOOO bad.
Teach Me
Reading your thoughts through a hand make me want to play limit SOOOO bad.
It's why a lot of people including me feel that limit is soooooooo much more interesting to play than no limit.
:club: PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP with 9club.gif, Kspade.gif1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) Qclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (3.25 BB) 4heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsRiver: (5.25 BB) 5heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTotal pot: $14.50 (7.25 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results:BB mucked 7heart.gif, Jclub.gif (high card, King).Hero had 9club.gif, Kspade.gif (two pair, Kings and nines).Outcome: Hero won $14
:club: PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP with 9club.gif, Kspade.gif1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) Qclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (3.25 BB) 4heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsRiver: (5.25 BB) 5heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTotal pot: $14.50 (7.25 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results:BB mucked 7heart.gif, Jclub.gif (high card, King).Hero had 9club.gif, Kspade.gif (two pair, Kings and nines).Outcome: Hero won $14
A lot of your range is unpaired hands that beat him.Edit: well, probably not your actual range. I don't really know how barrel happy you are. I've been playing micros again too long.

This one caught me off guard since I don't think I had gotten out of line yet.Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with A :D 5 :3h2 folds, SB raises, Hero callsFlop: (4 SB) 5 :5c 4 :qh J :club:(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsTurn: (4 BB) 2 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsRiver: (6 BB) J :D(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB callsFinal Pot: 10 BBSB mucks K :4h 6 :spade:Hero shows A :D 5 :D (two pair, Jacks and Fives)Hero wins 9.55 BB

A lot of your range is unpaired hands that beat him.Edit: well, probably not your actual range. I don't really know how barrel happy you are. I've been playing micros again too long.
I knew it was you the moment I saw that thread.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Jheart.gif, Kclub.gif4 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, Button calls, 2 foldsFlop: (5.5 SB) 5spade.gif, 3club.gif, 5diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsTurn: (3.75 BB) Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsRiver: (5.75 BB) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsResults:Button mucked 10club.gif, 2diamond.gif (two pair, fives and threes).Hero had Jheart.gif, Kclub.gif (two pair, Jacks and fives).

Preflop: Hero is Button with Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif1 fold, UTG raises, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, SB calls, UTG caps, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsFlop: (16.5 SB) 10heart.gif, Jclub.gif, 2spade.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG 3-bets, MP1 calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 callsTurn: (16.25 BB) 2diamond.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsRiver: (20.25 BB) 6diamond.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsResults:Hero mucked Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif (two pair, Aces and twos).SB had 6club.gif, 6spade.gif (full house, sixes over twos).UTG had 10spade.gif, 10club.gif (full house, tens over twos).MP1 had Jspade.gif, Jheart.gif (full house, Jacks over twos).(I should have raised the turn, I think.)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif1 fold, UTG raises, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, SB calls, UTG caps, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsFlop: (16.5 SB) 10heart.gif, Jclub.gif, 2spade.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG 3-bets, MP1 calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 callsTurn: (16.25 BB) 2diamond.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsRiver: (20.25 BB) 6diamond.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB callsResults:Hero mucked Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif (two pair, Aces and twos).SB had 6club.gif, 6spade.gif (full house, sixes over twos).UTG had 10spade.gif, 10club.gif (full house, tens over twos).MP1 had Jspade.gif, Jheart.gif (full house, Jacks over twos).(I should have raised the turn, I think.)
The funny thing about this hand is imagining how bad-ass the guy with the JJ would feel if you two overcallers showed up with like 77 and 8T, and the bettor had like KQ and he uber-maximized value by inducing the overcalls.That said, he (JJ, and also 66) plays his hand absolutely horrendously and you play yours perfectly.

I just won a HU pot at the same table with KK vs. AK. He opened in EP, I 3-bet from the SB, he capped, X-X-X, I bet, he raises, I call, blank turn, I c/r, he 3-bets, top card (J) pairs, I c/c. Well-played, sir.

So, Checky and Dink...any inside info about this plane crash in Buffalo tonight? Hope neither of you were involved and I pray for all the folks who lost their lives tonight.