Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

i don't chat much during lhe, but i maintain my mtt nice guy chat when i do. if someone sucks out and says 'sorry', i throw out my usual, "no worries, hit shappens" or something about them being committed to seeing that river. some of my showdown hands would label me a f-tard, but they have to think i'm the nicest f-tard on the site and fun to play against. i'd (mostly) prefer they didn' t lose their chat and maybe play less until it is restored.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to. I want to learn NL, too, but it's hard for me just justify it when I don't put in enough LHE hands in the first place, but it's totally something I need to do. I'd really like to make it triple draw. How easily could one multi-table triple draw? Are two tables pretty doable? Are 4 tables?
its a face paced game with a lot of decisions to make and clicking to do. i don't think that it would multitable well. that said somebody who is very good at lhe and td once told me that he feels the two games are very similar and that a player who has the mindset for one should translate well to the other.plo8 is actually my main game and lhe is my side game. this might switch soon because if i step up to where im playing mostly 3/6 and 5/10 and winning i will make more in lhe than i make in plo8. ive stagnated at plo8 and while i crush .50/1 (there are only two regs who have a better winrate than me) for some reason i just can't beat 1/2. deep down i feel pretty confident its a psychological thing but who knows, maybe i suck. im also trying to get good at stud which i think is where the money is really at in the 3/6-10/20 range. but enough about me, lol. mainly rambling to maybe give you some ideas (and because i like talking about myself).i got to mixing two games by mostly playing the game i consider my primary game but then once every week playing the other game. then i started doing it every fifth day. then fourth day. etc. it took a while to get in the habit of getting in hands of lhe, i was so comfortable playing plo8 that i always wanted to play that. now i sit down and play whatever i feel like. i seem to naturally play about 1/3 of my hands in lhe and 2/3 in plo8. i imagine most people trying to do this would go through a similar progression and have a similar experience.
i don't chat much during lhe, but i maintain my mtt nice guy chat when i do. if someone sucks out and says 'sorry', i throw out my usual, "no worries, hit shappens" or something about them being committed to seeing that river. some of my showdown hands would label me a f-tard, but they have to think i'm the nicest f-tard on the site and fun to play against. i'd (mostly) prefer they didn' t lose their chat and maybe play less until it is restored.
i actually prefer to make everybody hate me. a combination of hatred and fear works very well for me to absolutly dominate a table. its a personality and playing style thing though. i can see how being nice could work also.also, what is the link to the feral cow poker hand converter. the tiny url thing doesn't work. did you write it yourself? what games does it support? i ask because i wanted to write a program to do some stuff and having the code to process a HH and put it into some kind of data structure would save me a ton of time. if youre willing to share, that is :club:
I can understand that. A lot of people had interesting perspectives that night. For example, one of the best LHE players I know was pretty sure 85s UTG was a limp/raise. Weird times.If I drop another 100BB in the next few months, I will probably quit again, for at least as long (less than 8 hours, last time, I think).
if you play a limp/3 bet strategy preflop like i do sometimes and you play frequently against the same observant players you are going to need to have a few hands like 85s in your range. however, i do not think that is what you are talking about :)i wish i had the gamble in me that some of you do. if i drop 100BB i take a break for a few days at least. and quite often i wouldn't even let it go that far before i took a break.
if you play a limp/3 bet strategy preflop like i do sometimes and you play frequently against the same observant players you are going to need to have a few hands like 85s in your range. however, i do not think that is what you are talking about :)i wish i had the gamble in me that some of you do. if i drop 100BB i take a break for a few days at least. and quite often i wouldn't even let it go that far before i took a break.
Limp/raising is sometimes useful exploitativly vs. really bad maniacs who can't hand-read, and is useful at FR I would guess, but as a generally system at 6-max, you're just giving up too much imo. People 3-bet pretty light, and you should be opening enough UTG that it doesn't really scare anyone.I'm sure I tilted, but I doubt it was anything that weird. When I tilt, I just get looser with my opening ranges, over-limp crap and lose my hand-reading skills.100BB swings are common for me. This was a 200BB swing, and my third since Christmas.
Limp/raising is sometimes useful exploitativly vs. really bad maniacs who can't hand-read, and is useful at FR I would guess, but as a generally system at 6-max, you just giving up too much imo. People 3-bet pretty light, and you should b opening enough UTG that it doesn't really scare anyone.I'm sure I tilted, but I doubt it was anything that weird. When I tilt, I just get looser with my opening ranges, over-limp crap and loose my hand-reading skills.100BB swings are common for me. This was a 200BB swing, and my third since Christmas.
I enjoy the musical stylings of Scarlett Johansson. Her album was well-advised, solidly produced and memorably and virtuosically vocalized. I can listen to it again and again. please don't quote this.
I enjoy the musical stylings of Scarlett Johansson. Her album was well-advised, solidly produced and memorably and virtuosically vocalized. I can listen to it again and again. please don't quote this.
Interesting. This would give 2+2 guys ****ing fits.
its a face paced game with a lot of decisions to make and clicking to do. i don't think that it would multitable well. that said somebody who is very good at lhe and td once told me that he feels the two games are very similar and that a player who has the mindset for one should translate well to the other.plo8 is actually my main game and lhe is my side game. this might switch soon because if i step up to where im playing mostly 3/6 and 5/10 and winning i will make more in lhe than i make in plo8. ive stagnated at plo8 and while i crush .50/1 (there are only two regs who have a better winrate than me) for some reason i just can't beat 1/2. deep down i feel pretty confident its a psychological thing but who knows, maybe i suck. im also trying to get good at stud which i think is where the money is really at in the 3/6-10/20 range. but enough about me, lol. mainly rambling to maybe give you some ideas (and because i like talking about myself).i got to mixing two games by mostly playing the game i consider my primary game but then once every week playing the other game. then i started doing it every fifth day. then fourth day. etc. it took a while to get in the habit of getting in hands of lhe, i was so comfortable playing plo8 that i always wanted to play that. now i sit down and play whatever i feel like. i seem to naturally play about 1/3 of my hands in lhe and 2/3 in plo8. i imagine most people trying to do this would go through a similar progression and have a similar experience.
I'm curious y you chose plo8 rather than Lo8. Also, how many hands do you play total a week would you say? (obv if that isn't asking to much)

Here's kind of a weird hand I just played, mostly based on the opponent though. Opponent is a GoldStar 22/14/1.3 whom thinks I'm a maniac I'm sure. He follows me around it seems like as I have more hands against him than anyone else and when I'm at the table he's losing pretty resoundingly. Anyways, here's the handPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with Aspade.gif, Jheart.gifHero raises, 2 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) Jclub.gif, Aheart.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero callsTurn: (4.25 BB) 3spade.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero callsRiver: (6.25 BB) Jdiamond.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB callsTotal pot: $10.25 (10.25 BB) | Rake: $0.45against most players I rr this turn but I felt like he may fold there if he has anything other than an ace but he's calling my rr on the river and donkfiring 100% of rivers. Hope that makes sense.

Here's kind of a weird hand I just played, mostly based on the opponent though. Opponent is a GoldStar 22/14/1.3 whom thinks I'm a maniac I'm sure. He follows me around it seems like as I have more hands against him than anyone else and when I'm at the table he's losing pretty resoundingly. Anyways, here's the handPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with Aspade.gif, Jheart.gifHero raises, 2 folds, BB callsFlop: (4.5 SB) Jclub.gif, Aheart.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero callsTurn: (4.25 BB) 3spade.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero callsRiver: (6.25 BB) Jdiamond.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB callsTotal pot: $10.25 (10.25 BB) | Rake: $0.45against most players I rr this turn but I felt like he may fold there if he has anything other than an ace but he's calling my rr on the river and donkfiring 100% of rivers. Hope that makes sense.
i don't mind 3betting the flop at all, but your line makes sense, too.
i don't mind 3betting the flop at all, but your line makes sense, too.
the sad thing is I coulda easily got the turn capped had I wanted as he had 33, but I think he has AT-AK there more often than not
also, we should have a strat session tonight like was mentioned yesterday... like later evening
i'm around after about midnight ET, probably in time to clean & vacuum whatever room you use & get it ready for the next group.
the sad thing is I coulda easily got the turn capped had I wanted as he had 33, but I think he has AT-AK there more often than not
yeah, the cool thing about going to town on the flop is that you pretty much always get called down by an ace and get in a brazillion more bets if he has a jack or some other form of monster. (actually, pps are the only hands you don't really wanna raise the flop against, lol)
Raise his bb, imo. lolAlso I may be able to participate in a strat table tonight.
i did. he three bet. so i floated with air on an ace high flop. he c/fed the turn, obv. :club: