Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

so... has anyone else seen Synecdoche, New York? Because it's pretty much the weirdest movie I've ever seen. Wow, my mind is good and fcked.
No, but I think you're aware that Kaufman is my favorite film maker. I've read the screenplay, and I'm very excited about seeing it.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I think you're aware that Kaufman is my favorite film maker. I've read the screenplay, and I'm very excited about seeing it.
I can't even imagine what that screen play looked like... or what the pitch to the studio was like.. I can't believe it got greenlighted.

Hey Mac, remember that fish I told you about the other night? He's back in my games, and open-limping with the best of 'em. I didn't play with him long, because I was wrapping as he sat down, but he's just as horrible as I remember him.

when its somebody who does it all the time so they balance it with other hands also.
I was playing 6-max with someone the other day that almost never open-raised. However, they limp-re-raised just gobs of hands.
actually, having just looked at the HH and not just the l/rr discussion, i think it's a pretty clear fold. i pretty much have to see someone bet, c/r bluff in order to think it's possible. i think bet/folding the turn is correct, and i know you're all going to yell at me for it :club:.
I hate bet/folding when I have TPTK, absolutely hate it. But, I think you're right that it's the correct play. The only other way that I can think of to play it is to check the turn and either call a river bet or bet/fold there. Or maybe even bet/call some rivers. I dunno.
I hate bet/folding when I have TPTK, absolutely hate it. But, I think you're right that it's the correct play. The only other way that I can think of to play it is to check the turn and either call a river bet or bet/fold there. Or maybe even bet/call some rivers. I dunno.
nah, i think bet/folding the turn is correct, honestly, unless the guy is the type that will try to vb JJ if you check behind.i wouldn't think of it as "folding tptk," but rather "folding to an overpair when i have 2 outs half the time and 5 outs the other half."
Do you think it was competently effective/profitable?
i play with a couple guys who do that but play really poorly postflop. they still give me fits, so i figure that if they were better postflop it would be perfectly valid, honestly.

my god, i just literally bubbled another one. this last one is the last chance i'm giving myself, i'm in 94/429, and if i don't ****ing do something i'm going to throw a fit.

i play with a couple guys who do that but play really poorly postflop. they still give me fits, so i figure that if they were better postflop it would be perfectly valid, honestly.
Interesting. I suspected that a good player could make it work, at probably a small cost.

I want more kitten talk, so let me tell you about my cats...I was in NC on business in early October. We were picking a co-worker up from the airport when I saw this short-hair calico kitten strolling around the parking lot. Being a sucker for cats, I always want to pet them. Now normally, if you see in a cat in the wild, it's rather skittish. In this case, she came right up to me and started rubbing up against me and purring. I was going to leave it at that. My wife and I had discussed getting a cat eventually, but we were going to wait until after all of the holiday travels. Well, my big prerequisites for my prospective cat was that it be friendly, healthy, and cute. This one, aside from looking a tad undernourished, fit the bill, so I took her in.After several weeks, we noticed that she'd get restless and want to play, so we talked about getting her a playmate. Well, a month or so goes by, when a friend of the family found this little longhair tabby near her house and was trying to adopt him out. He's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Like, think Gizmo from Gremlins. And, he's super friendly. He sometimes gets somewhat playful and didn't understand how to play without his claws.When we first introduced them, Ariel was super scared of Tobias. After she got over the fear, she started stalking him. Pretty regularly, a tussle would break out with all sorts of loud meowing and hissing. Finally, they got used to each other. They still will chase the other around the house and wrestle, but they like to cuddle and lick each other too.Anyway, it amazes me how different they can be. For example, Ariel has a love for darting under and hanging out under covers and blankets, while Tobi isn't really down for that. Tobi's very talkative, while Ariel's relatively quiet. Ariel hates being picked up, while you can pick up Tobi and sling him around however you want. Also, Tobi loves to hop in the shower immediately after it's over; he gets really fascinated by the droplets of water and the sound from the drain.I'm sure none of you care that much, but I'm really glad to be able to have pets again.tobiariel1my5.jpgtobiariel2ny1.jpg

I know nothing about cats. I just find kittens adorable, and had one pwned off on me last fall, and didn't fight it because he's so cute. He's white...with brown parts, and unplugs everything until I'm on the verge of kicking him in the ****ing face. But I never do, because he still has kittenish features.

Do you think it was competently effective/profitable?
Against some players, I think it could work, and she did okay versus me for a while, but I don't think she'd win longterm versus me. Basically, I think you're giving up a lot by not open-raising the CO. You're letting the Button and SB in cheaply if they care to play. Also, as long as they're not getting out of line with their raises in the situation, I don't think you've got a very big equity edge. Basically, say she pops it from the CO w/ AJs. She probably takes down the pot or plays it HU with quite an edge. If she limps, the button limps with T8s. I'll limp with my K5s in the SB and the BB will check. She'd also do it in really wonky scenarios like limp-re-raising KJs UTG when I popped the CO. I could guarantee her that I'm rarely popping there with anything that she beats.
Against some players, I think it could work, and she did okay versus me for a while, but I don't think she'd win longterm versus me. Basically, I think you're giving up a lot by not open-raising the CO. You're letting the Button and SB in cheaply if they care to play. Also, as long as they're not getting out of line with their raises in the situation, I don't think you've got a very big equity edge. Basically, say she pops it from the CO w/ AJs. She probably takes down the pot or plays it HU with quite an edge. If she limps, the button limps with T8s. I'll limp with my K5s in the SB and the BB will check. She'd also do it in really wonky scenarios like limp-re-raising KJs UTG when I popped the CO. I could guarantee her that I'm rarely popping there with anything that she beats.
I play an idiot who like to do it, but it's not really a sophisticated strategy; he just limps AJo because he's afraid everyone will call and he'll miss, and then when the raise gets back around to him, he realizes that he has a good hand. Also, I think guys like me and I assume you who used to play those SSHEy FR games are going to be pretty good in multi-way pots vs. nonsensical ranges.
Also, I think guys like me and I assume you who used to play those SSHEy FR games are going to be pretty good in multi-way pots vs. nonsensical ranges.
If there is a heaven, and I go to it ,I'll be playing in an SSHEy FR game for all of time.
If there is a heaven, and I go to it ,I'll be playing in an SSHEy FR game for all of time.
This would absolutely be the greatest thing ever.

Ended up today so far. Playing pretty solid though I made some dumb folds and calls lately, but I am getting more consistent. I am starting to some comfort with 4 tabling which will be very beneficial once I get up a few limits where rakeback really kicks in for me.

theres to much gay love on this thread. Heres a hand I screwed up:PokerStars Game #23749542614: Hold'em Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2009/01/10 1:33:33 ETTable 'Mathilde III' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: wowtime ($6.25 in chips)Seat 3: carione ($11.10 in chips)Seat 4: mattnxtc ($5.65 in chips)Seat 5: oxmartinax7 ($10.10 in chips)Seat 6: ringer18 ($3.30 in chips)mattnxtc: posts small blind $0.10oxmartinax7: posts big blind $0.25Ludwig178: sits out*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to mattnxtc [Ad As]ringer18: raises $0.25 to $0.50wowtime: foldscarione: calls $0.50mattnxtc: raises $0.25 to $0.75oxmartinax7: foldsringer18: calls $0.25carione: calls $0.25*** FLOP *** [8d Ah 3c]mattnxtc: bets $0.25ringer18: calls $0.25carione: folds*** TURN *** [8d Ah 3c] [4s]mattnxtc: bets $0.50ringer18: calls $0.50*** RIVER *** [8d Ah 3c 4s] [5h]mattnxtc: bets $0.50ringer18: raises $0.50 to $1mattnxtc: Villian is 65/10/.75This is a raise 100% of the time right?