Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

FG, if you make that Hummus dish, start with canned garbanzo beans/chickpeas. It's faster.

you think it's spiders, srsly? do they run at the same time e day?
Shit dude, you may as well ask me how much horsepower my truck has. Meaning, no clue. I know threads get a large number of guests for a few minutes at random times due to googley-bots. Also, I love my truck. Her name is Lucy.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you want to eat heathy, flush, here's a little recipe I have for hummus, that's delicious, and very healthy. I make it about twice a week, and snack on it as I need to.what you need. Pita breada bunch of dried garbanzo beans (chick peas) (I buy them in bulk at the g-story, about 4 pounds of them at a time, they are really cheap, like a 1.5 a pound)Tahini ( the only really exotic ingrediant. It's like a sesame oil/paste. Ask a grocer, it's usually in the "foriegn" aisle, or sometimes in the health food section.Lemon Juice ( fresh lemon is better, but for ease I usually just get a big bottle of lemon juice)Garlic
I passed along the Tahini idea to my buddy, who's a hummus fiend. Thx.Another good high-energy low-prep item is a peanut-butter apple. I used to make 'em for hiking trips and tennis matches:PB Apple:Slice an apple in half. Use the knife (or a spoon, if you don't trust yourself) to hollow out the seed/core part. In the hollowed out section of each half, fill 'em with peanut Butter. The reason I used to hike/tennis with 'em is cuz you can put it back together as a whole apple and toss it in the bag and forget about it till you're hungry. Not insanely healthy, but it's not fast food and a great source of energy and protein.
I didn't know The Cure did an unplugged session. I'm gonna check netflix.
Cure did an entire live album., it's quite good.On a side note, anyone have any general advice for playing LHE on 8-handed HORSE tables? I've got a fair share of experience and read most of the required literature (and lurk in here all the time). Considering LHE is a zero-sum game, it would behoove me to start paying a bit more attention to it. I'll start posting a hand here and there if anything specific pops up.
Cure did an entire live album., it's quite good.On a side note, anyone have any general advice for playing LHE on 8-handed HORSE tables? I've got a fair share of experience and read most of the required literature (and lurk in here all the time). Considering LHE is a zero-sum game, it would behoove me to start paying a bit more attention to it. I'll start posting a hand here and there if anything specific pops up.
usually in horse, you should play very LAG in LHE, especially if you're playing tight in the stud games. people generally don't know how to handle that.
usually in horse, you should play very LAG in LHE, especially if you're playing tight in the stud games. people generally don't know how to handle that.
I completely agree. Run HORSE tables over in LHE.
I know people get really pissed, but is there anything to technically stop me from just playing the LHE hands in a HORSE game?
the boredom while you're waiting for 5/6 games to finish? the edge you're probably sacrificing in those games because people are usually worse in stud games than retarded monkeys?

nothing like a 50BB rush at the end to finish at -131BB, lol.beer me.worst beat of the day was not spiking the bbj on ap, imo. i had quad 8s or better twice, but they both won :club:.

Tonight is probably the worst night/day I've had playing... Two straight flushes in 1200 hands and I'm still down like 50BB's today. Doesn't help that I'm 0/6 with sets and 0/7 with AA/KK/QQ.Still in a pretty good mood considering as I feel like I'm playing well just getting pretty unlucky today. Gonna play a bit more and go to bed. Good luck for everyone still playing tonight.

I took today off to backpack through Europe and find myself. In the afternoon, I should be in a better state of awareness, less medicated, and be ready to put the blade to all y'all faggots talkin' shit 'bout Dutch fell off this, and Dutch fell off that. Y'all know me; still the same O.G. But I been low key; hated on by most these niggas with no cheese. No deals and no Gs. No wheels and no ki's. No boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis. Did y'all think I'ma' let my dough freeze? Ho' please. Y'all better bow down on both knees. Who you think taught you to smoke trees? Who you think brought you the oldies? Eazy-Ees, Ice Cubes, and D.O.Cs? The Snoop D-O-double-Ges, and the group that said "mother-fuck the Po-lice"?

Also, I love you, Danzasmack, for like 8 reasons.
Also Ive noticed that we generally run the same as a group. Am I the only one who does notice this? Seems that checky, me, dutch and tucker always run bad together. lolMaybe we are like women who if they spend enough time together start to have their periods on the same days, its true.

Anyone else getting bent over today? and then stars has to practically crash... TILT... while 4 tabling on 3 of the tables, at the same time, I have AK<A2 on AA582, KK<AK on QJ56T, and to cap it off 77<99 on 24769all over 25BB's

So I found what may be the biggest leak in my game yesterday and I don't even have the beginnings of a clue on how to fix it.I know I need to shore up some playing style and other things, but what I found out is most hampering my play is the money.I sat well below my bankroll limit last night and played good. Nothing crazy, no huge swings, no unfocused play, just steady good play. The level of play may be a shade less aggressive, but for the most part I was comfortable. I did what I thought was the best move on each hand, thought a little more carefully about trying some things I knew to be "unusual", but I was confident they would work, and overall just played the game.I just can't do this when playing where the money has more meaning to it. I've tried using the programs to cover up the money amounts on the screen, but I just don't play as well when the money has applicable value to it. It's not a matter of I am afraid to lose the money, or I'm under rolled and therefore don't want to step out, it really is just I'm uncomfortable with the amounts.To work along a point similar to this, Andy Beal when playing the top pros kept wanting the limits to go higher and higher to minimize the edge the pros had because of the stakes that were involved. Although it's not exactly the same thing, as I'm not playing 100,000 200,000 blinds, I am feeling the same sort of pressure placed on me when playing. I can't play right if the money is too high for me to get past the amounts that are going in and out of my stack. It's not even huge amounts of money in the big scheme of things, but I'm POSITIVE this is something that is hugely affecting my game. HUGELY!So this leaves me in a pretty odd predicament. I know I have the skill set to compete at a higher level, but my brain just can't get passed the money issue and I don't know how to stop or correct that. I don't have the ability to look at even amounts in the $300-600 range and be normal about winning or losing that much in a night, but I know I am just going to be grinding my gears playing for $20-40 a night.

I think a lot of this is experience with loss and variance, Mono. Whenever I move up, I tend to project the last level's BB amounts onto the new levels $ losses for a while, until I see a few massive swings and realize how fast I recover. You could maybe try a tiltblocker or something. I think FTP also even has available patches which allow you to display each bet as like 1 or 2 blank unit tokens. But these things are just crutches, and to ultimately to get over this would probably just take experience and desensitization.

So I found what may be the biggest leak in my game yesterday and I don't even have the beginnings of a clue on how to fix it.I know I need to shore up some playing style and other things, but what I found out is most hampering my play is the money.I sat well below my bankroll limit last night and played good. Nothing crazy, no huge swings, no unfocused play, just steady good play. The level of play may be a shade less aggressive, but for the most part I was comfortable. I did what I thought was the best move on each hand, thought a little more carefully about trying some things I knew to be "unusual", but I was confident they would work, and overall just played the game.I just can't do this when playing where the money has more meaning to it. I've tried using the programs to cover up the money amounts on the screen, but I just don't play as well when the money has applicable value to it. It's not a matter of I am afraid to lose the money, or I'm under rolled and therefore don't want to step out, it really is just I'm uncomfortable with the amounts.To work along a point similar to this, Andy Beal when playing the top pros kept wanting the limits to go higher and higher to minimize the edge the pros had because of the stakes that were involved. Although it's not exactly the same thing, as I'm not playing 100,000 200,000 blinds, I am feeling the same sort of pressure placed on me when playing. I can't play right if the money is too high for me to get past the amounts that are going in and out of my stack. It's not even huge amounts of money in the big scheme of things, but I'm POSITIVE this is something that is hugely affecting my game. HUGELY!So this leaves me in a pretty odd predicament. I know I have the skill set to compete at a higher level, but my brain just can't get passed the money issue and I don't know how to stop or correct that. I don't have the ability to look at even amounts in the $300-600 range and be normal about winning or losing that much in a night, but I know I am just going to be grinding my gears playing for $20-40 a night.
Well, I don't know really how to fix this. You should move down, and slowly move back up, till you feel like the money matters. How to teach someone to be detached to the meaning of money.. it's almost impossible Something you have to work out on your own. For some people, it takes much longer than others to get used to a certain amount. It's easy to say " don't think of it as money, just think of it as betting amounts" but it's much harder to do. One thing, that does make it easier, is when the money represents a much smaller amount of your bankroll. Say, you lost 1000 bucks one day. If your bankroll was 2000, it would represent 50 percent of your bankroll, and be a disaster.. it would make you feel literally sick, in all likely hood. But, if your bankroll is 50,000, a grand would only be 2 percent of your bank roll, and probably be no big deal to lose or win. One thing to take in mind with bankroll considerations, is not the actual, technical bankroll you need for win rates.. but how risk adverse you are. It sounds like you are risk adverse, so just build your bankroll slower, take less risk, don't move up until you have 1000 BB for that limit or what ever.

Also, I guess what I'm saying is... you're not in a race with anyone. Take your time. There's no hurry for you to be winning 300-500 hundred in a night, or 10,000 in a night or what ever. The only way you will lose the race is if you push to fast, and you will go broke either due to variance or lack of comfort (or skill) for that level. If you go slowly, build slowly, take time and care, you will win. This is a lesson I've learned the hard way, as I am not risk adverse, to my detriment.

Also, I guess what I'm saying is... you're not in a race with anyone. Take your time. There's no hurry for you to be winning 300-500 hundred in a night, or 10,000 in a night or what ever. The only way you will lose the race is if you push to fast, and you will go broke either due to variance or lack of comfort (or skill) for that level. If you go slowly, build slowly, take time and care, you will win. This is a lesson I've learned the hard way, as I am not risk adverse, to my detriment.
I see what you're saying, and I've at times pushed too hard myself and ended up quartered, and if you serious tilt higher than a certain level you need to figure out a way to come to terms with it, but if you have any serious poker ambition, the raketrap eats you alive. Like, 2/4 is more beatable even BB-wise than 1/2 on PS for this reason. In the smaller limits, we pay like 3-4BB/100-worth of rake. That really, really cuts into your winrate. So obviously take all the time you need, but that time is expensive.