Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

well, i'm paying for everything for both myself and my gf while she's in school, which is a bit rough, with student loan payments, etc. all told, it's about 4k/mo, which is pretty rough at 3/6. keep in mind that i'm not a machine and can't really play more than 1k hands a day, tops, with 1 1/2 days off a week so my gf doesn't dump me.
topping out at 1k hands a day is weak.you should be doing a minimum of 300 hands an hour... anything less is a waste of time. and if you're playing full days, that's at least 2k hands per 'work' day.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

topping out at 1k hands a day is weak.you should be doing a minimum of 300 hands an hour... anything less is a waste of time. and if you're playing full days, that's at least 2k hands per 'work' day.
we've had this talk before, i know, but apparently my side bears repeating--if i was going to do something that was more intense than what i do and didn't allow for the sort of lifestyle i prefer to lead, i'd either still be in grad school or law school or something.i'm still getting crushed with big pairs but winning fairly strongly. this is so weird.
honestly, how the hell do you guys 6table anything but full ring? i have NEVER been able to do more than 3 if the games are soft and 2 if the games are tough.
I play slightly tighter than what I deem optimal, go to showdown more, and rely more heavily on my HUD. It's not the prettiest way to play the game, but it gets me to my 30k hands per month.

brag: got a guy to dump 40BB to me HU while he never put in a bet without top pair or better looooolbeat: a third guy sat and the first guy left\variance: the third guy played me for two hands. the first one, he c/red me all three streets with queen high. the second hand, he c/ced down top pair. whoa inconsistency.

Congrats Loosh. Please play more LHE and post in this thread again.I just read the first 30 pages of this thread. It brought back a lot of memories. Some of the hands I posted where hard to look at. Also, I used to run good at one time apparently...

1k to 5k by May 1st challenge:March 11th: +$226 March 12th: +$54 March 13th: +$481March 14th: +$113March 15th: +$188 March 16th: +$193 March 17th: +$53 March 18th: +$392 March 19th: +$83 March 20th: +$585March 21st: +$581March 22nd: +$218 March 23rd: +$53 March 24th: +$558 (1100 hands) - Total: $4778

got in about 800 hands today in limited play. i ran goot in the morning and found an ultra fish who decided to lose quite a bit of mobneys to me before leaving, and i lost about 3BB in the evening.all told, +65BB at 3/6 today. yay. ima have some drinks and watch snl (hope it doesn't suck) while playing with my kitten. :club:

thoughts for today:hulhe is very easy when you flop pairs.hulhe is very difficult when you never flop pairs.hulhe is very easy when doinks do not two out you with underpairs on the river.hulhe is very difficult when doinks consistently 2-3 out you on the river.when i run bad, i REALLY run bad.

There's still a lot of time left for you to show today who's boss.
i got unstuck in a donkament, but i should have won it and made a horrid misclick with 3 left (button shoves for 2bb, ftp stalls and i don't see that the sb shoves and ftp registers my click to call all in with 58sooted, lol) that let the guy who won get back into the game when i had 2/3 of the chips in play. he promptly finished me on b2b coinflips and i took 2nd. goddammit.i still am running like ass in LHE, though i got two doinks to dump 10BB each to me hu and now i'm only stuck 20BB on the day.

The SB and CO are both 60/30 brain dead monkeys randomly pressing buttons. The BB is somewhat solid. Do we c-bet this flop? What do we do on the turn?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with :D, :4hHero raises, 1 fold, CO 3-bets, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps, CO calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (16 SB) :5c, :ts, :club:(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checksTurn: (8 BB) :D(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero folds?

The SB and CO are both 60/30 brain dead monkeys randomly pressing buttons. The BB is somewhat solid. Do we c-bet this flop? What do we do on the turn?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with :D, :4hHero raises, 1 fold, CO 3-bets, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps, CO calls, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (16 SB) :5c, :ts, :club:(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checksTurn: (8 BB) :D(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero folds?
If I were a seat better or a seat worse, the flop would be a little easier, I think. I think I'm giving up on the flop.---Oink holds 33 in BB. Folded to SB, who raise, and Oink calls.Flop is Jh-6d-4h.Bet, call.Turn is the 4c.Bet, call.River is the Jc.SB bets, Oink raises. Sick.
Oink holds 33 in BB. Folded to SB, who raise, and Oink calls.Flop is Jh-6d-4h.Bet, call.Turn is the 4c.Bet, call.River is the Jc.SB bets, Oink raises. Sick.
Wouldn't a J raise before the river? If its a value bluff vs A high then I like it.

I've been playing short, building FR all day, and it's hilarious. 3-handed is my absolute favorite ever. I wish there were 3-Max games. It's almost always the same dynamic: one guy lets me run him over and the other guy is showdown-bound if he sees the flop, and they're both extremely angry with me the entire time.

Wouldn't a J raise before the river?
I don't think the value of this raise has to come from 77 laying down. The more I think about this play...like, if the player is aggressive, you don't need A-high to fold for this play to be profitable, depending on his SB stealing range.

fwiw, i RLY don't think you get very much to fold with that river raise, dutch. ace high or better calls in a blind battle, imo, and unless the guy is a steal any2 guy, an ace or pair makes up too much of his range.and in case anyone is wondering, i still can't win with a big pair to save my life, but i'm still winning. and i'm still saying wtf.edit: i just actually won with JJ. shibbit.but i'm 0/4 on these today:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$46 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8 :D 6 :4hUTG raises, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: T :5c 9 :club: 5 :D (10.5SB, 5 players)BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.Turn: A :ts (9.75BB, 4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, BB raises, UTG 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls all-in $4.River: Q :D (21.75BB, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 21.75BB)UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 21.75BBBB Shows 5h AhUTG mucks Ac JdUTG+1 mucks Kc 9s

These are the spots I have a bit of a tough time with, I seem to spew too much on the river where draws get there. Is my line on this river okay?Villain is a 45/35/2.1at this level over 8K hands I'm a 36/18/1.8 which I think is a little to LAG and I'm working on my EP starting hand requirements as that is where I see my big issue so far... anyways...PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with A :club:, 7 :qh3 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (6 SB) 7 :D, 2 :4h, 7 :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, SB callsTurn: (6 BB) 6 :3h(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsRiver: (14 BB) 8 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsTotal pot: $3.20 (16 BB) | Rake: $0.15Results in white below: Hero had A :ts, 7 :qh (three of a kind, sevens).SB mucked J :5c, J :D (two pair, Jacks and sevens).Outcome: Hero won $3.05

I don't think the value of this raise has to come from 77 laying down. The more I think about this play...like, if the player is aggressive, you don't need A-high to fold for this play to be profitable, depending on his SB stealing range.
Yeah I didnt even read the board right...but I think I was right when I said A high would call. Now that I know what the board is, this means we lose. But it is the only way to win the hand.