Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

bob, i was wondering if you'd feel comfortable posting more hands in here--i think i have a basic idea of how you play, but i'd like to understand your approach better, mostly in terms of where you find folds against aggro guys up at your stakes, or where you find calldowns, etc. basically, post more hands pls, lol :club:
I'm not sure how much value seeing hands is since everything depends on the context of who the opponents are and and how they are playing at that time and what has gone on between us both in the past and in the current session.I will give you a few things about how I play that isn't related to how I play individual hands.1. I only play one or two games at a time which means I can pay a lot of attention to how my opponents are playing right now by looking at hand histories as they are happening. I'm also watching TV to relieve some of the boredom.2. My game selection is very good. Since I'm only looking to play one game at a time I don't need to play in bad games. At On Game there are times that there might only be one game at a limit but since the games overall are very soft there I'll pretty much play in any 10/20 games but I only play 25/50 when I really like the games.3. I never feel that I have to play poker. If there's something I would rather be doing or should be doing I do that instead of playing. Poker doesn't become a grind because I don't let it. I never go into any period of time and say " I have to play x number of hands today or this week or this month". I know that with my current lifestyle I'll play here and there and it will end up being about what I want.4. When I'm winning I play longer sessions and when I'm losing I play shorter and never go too deep into the hole. This morning I played a quick session and lost $500 at 10/20 in 78 hands over 35 minutes. I quit the game since I wasn't doing well and the game wasn't particularly good. If I was winning I would have kept playing or if it was a very good game then I would have stayed and played. Hit and run, stuck and stay is a horrible mindset to have and a lot of players have it.Edit: Poker Tracker tells me that my combined winrate from 5/10 to 50/100 playing this way is 3.59 BB/100 over 101,000 hands.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. When I'm winning I play longer sessions and when I'm losing I play shorter and never go too deep into the hole. This morning I played a quick session and lost $500 at 10/20 in 78 hands over 35 minutes. I quit the game since I wasn't doing well and the game wasn't particularly good. If I was winning I would have kept playing or if it was a very good game then I would have stayed and played. Hit and run, stuck and stay is a horrible mindset to have and a lot of players have it.
wow, so you set a stop loss for yourself at 25-30BB? or was that specific to one table? i used to set a stop loss in the 50BB range, but i dropped it about 5 months ago.
Anybody else playing the $1050 LHE WCOOP event?I plan on playing if I can get to sleep at a fairly normal time.
I used to be huge in tournies like everyone else, but I don't know that I've played 5 LHE tournies in my life. Any basic adjustments or nuances I should know if I decide to play some?
I used to be huge in tournies like everyone else, but I don't know that I've played 5 LHE tournies in my life. Any basic adjustments or nuances I should know if I decide to play some?
they're easy :club:.just play em like you'd play a 2/4 live game, basically. people are absolutely horrific. the only real adjustment i make is that i defend my bb a LOT less as the blinds escalate, and will also try to keep pots a bit smaller preflop in general, if the table is terrible.
Anybody else playing the $1050 LHE WCOOP event?I plan on playing if I can get to sleep at a fairly normal time.
was thinking of sat barraging/selling some of myself for this, but my parents are coming into town tonight so it's a no go. gl if you're in!
First of all I hate tournies, but I would hate myself if I passed up the equity I will have in this donkfest. Second of all, I've played like 15 or 20 LHE tournies lifetime, so I'm no expert, but in the early stages I play my normal game. I am maybe a bit looser because in general people suck and I can play a ton of hands profitably. As the blinds go up, as Checky says, we have to tighten up quite a bit in blind defense situations and keep pots smaller in general. That doesn't mean don't be aggressive, though. People will over-adjust late and fold waaaaay too many hands. If you find a LHE tournament with a good structure, I would highly recommend you play, because holy shit are people (tournament players) terrible at LHE.
was thinking of sat barraging/selling some of myself for this, but my parents are coming into town tonight so it's a no go. gl if you're in!
If you do end up playing I would buy (or trade for) a piece of you, I'm also willing to sell some of myself in this. I'll sell up to 25% if anyone is interested, and I will do small pieces, like 2% if anybody is just looking for a sweat.
I got a stake for the $215 lhe event, I dont think I'll be getting one for the $1050 though. lolAnyway, I'm finally reading the stoxtrader shorthanded lhe book that I've had for a couple weeks. I'm ashamed that I haven't read it already. I'm about half way through, and while most of what I've read so far is is not too different from what I do already, but its definitely going to help me sharpen my edges. At 2/4 6 max over 21k hands I'm 24.06/15.8/2.17. How do those numbers look?I definitely have some weaknesses. I fold my BB too much. My fold BB to steal is 59.78, which I've learned is totally backwards and I should be defending that just about that much. I don't think I'm good enough at getting value in semi-marginal situations against an aggressive opponent. I go into check/call mode too often against opponents who would bet/raise me with a weaker hand and I can still raise for value. I think in even more marginal situations when I have middle or bottom pair I might fold a little too much post flop when I should be showing down...maybe. I'm sure I have other problems that I'm not aware of. I guess the root of my problem is I just need to know my opponents better. I know I've played more 6 max in the last 2 months than I had in my entire life previously. Hopefully these things will come to me with some more experience.Dink, how much are you charging for 2%?

God, 6-Max is the shit. Where have you been all my life? I'm not even running very good and it's still awesome. The best part is when they get sick of my bullshit and start playing back at me, but have no clue how to do it, so they just go bananas and start raising every thing for no reason. This was starting up a FR game, 4- or 5-handed:Preflop: Hero is MP with Qclub.gif, Jclub.gif1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, BB callsFlop: (6 SB) Jheart.gif, Qheart.gif, Qspade.gif(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, 1 fold, BB raises, Hero callsTurn: (5 BB) 6club.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB callsRiver: (13 BB) 5club.gif(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB callsResults in white below:BB mucked 8club.gif, 6heart.gif Hero had Qclub.gif, Jclub.gif Outcome: Hero won He was pretty reasonable 20 hands earlier.

I got a stake for the $215 lhe event, I dont think I'll be getting one for the $1050 though. lolAnyway, I'm finally reading the stoxtrader shorthanded lhe book that I've had for a couple weeks. I'm ashamed that I haven't read it already. I'm about half way through, and while most of what I've read so far is is not too different from what I do already, but its definitely going to help me sharpen my edges. At 2/4 6 max over 21k hand I'm 24.06/15.8/2.17. How do those numbers look?I definitely have some weaknesses. I fold my BB too much. My fold BB to steal is 59.78, which I've learned is totally backwards and I should be defending that just about that much. I don't think I'm good enough at getting value in semi-marginal situations against an aggressive opponent. I go into check/call mode too often against opponents who would bet/raise me with a weaker hand and I can still raise for value. I think in even more marginal situations when I have middle or bottom pair I might fold a little too much post flop when I should be showing down...maybe. I'm sure I have other problems that I'm not aware of. I guess the root of my problem is I just need to know my opponents better. I know I've played more 6 max in the last 2 months than I had in my entire life previously. Hopefully these things will come to me with some more experience.Dink, how much are you charging for 2%?
Those numbers look too tight to me. With that rake and blind structure I think you should try to get closer to like 27/18-30/20. You are missing quite a few valuable spots if you're folding that much. And yes your fold BB to steal is much to high. Get comfortable defending more hands and you'll be glad you did when you move up.Edit- My stats when filtered for $10/20 6max are about 31/24/2.13. My fold BB to steal is 46%. My Wtsd% is 38.8 and my W$SD is 54. This is for 27k hands and I'm winning 2.96 BB/100. So I'm running good at SD, but running people over without showdown. I find that in the mid-levels(3/6-10/20), people react very poorly to being 3bet, so my numbers are more aggressive at those levels. So if I were you, I'd experiment with your standard blind defense lines. I have found that 3betting with a balanced range from the BB can be very effective.And I'll sell it for exactly what I pay. $21 ($10.50 a share). I'm just looking to give people a sweat and maybe lower my variance a bit.
Those numbers look too tight to me. With that rake and blind structure I think you should try to get closer to like 27/18-30/20. You are missing quite a few valuable spots if you're folding that much. And yes your fold BB to steal is much to high. Get comfortable defending more hands and you'll be glad you did when you move up.And I'll sell it for exactly what I pay. $21 ($10.50 a share). I'm just looking to give people a sweat and maybe lower my variance a bit.
I'll take 2% then. Stars name?
I'll take 2% then. Stars name?
Kenny855 (West Winfield). I will attempt to give you a good return sir.I don't feel comfortable charging more than what I pay, because I simply don't have the track record to justify charging you guys juice. When I was 16 I shared this account with my father (I didn't really know this was bad at the time) and we used to just degen a ton of SNG's and MTT's without a chance in hell of coming out ahead, as well as me messing around in MTT's still, so any and all stats on this name are horribly skewed. I assure you that I am waaaaay +EV in this tourney though. I doubt if there are 100 people in the world who are better than me at 6-max LHE, as cocky as that sounds.
Kenny855 (West Winfield). I will attempt to give you a good return sir.I don't feel comfortable charging more than what I pay, because I simply don't have the track record to justify charging you guys juice. When I was 16 I shared this account with my father (I didn't really know this was bad at the time) and we used to just degen a ton of SNG's and MTT's without a chance in hell of coming out ahead, as well as me messing around in MTT's still, so any and all stats on this name are horribly skewed. I assure you that I am waaaaay +EV in this tourney though. I doubt if there are 100 people in the world who are better than me at 6-max LHE, as cocky as that sounds.
Shipped $21. I have no doubt that this tourney is very much +EV for you. I'm taking a shot at a FPP satty for this in a few minutes, but if I win a seat I'm not gonna play and take the $T.Ugh...it was canceled because of not enough players.
Shipped $21. I have no doubt that this tourney is very much +EV for you. I'm taking a shot at a FPP satty for this in a few minutes, but if I win a seat I'm not gonna play and take the $T.Ugh...it was canceled because of not enough players.
Yep. That happens with most of the LHE satties. It's unfortunate.
If you do end up playing I would buy (or trade for) a piece of you, I'm also willing to sell some of myself in this. I'll sell up to 25% if anyone is interested, and I will do small pieces, like 2% if anybody is just looking for a sweat.
I'll take 1% if it is okay. I know it isn't much (I don't have much) but I would give me more incentive to sweat you if you can take Full Tilt $.

edit: i shipped 63 dollars, dinkdonk. i'm wasted and can't do math. i think that's 6%? i just tripled whatever fg did, lol. glglglgl(god the more i think about this the more i wish i wasn't going to see the red sox crush the blue jays tomorrow. and i don't think i've ever said that about a sox game.)