Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

awesome. i was up 25BB, then some donk sat with me HU and was a capping machine with any 2 on any street, and he beat me ON THE RIVER 6 hands in a row. now i'm stuck. ffs. that's a hell of a hit and run, ****wad.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome. i was up 25BB, then some donk sat with me HU and was a capping machine with any 2 on any street, and he beat me ON THE RIVER 6 hands in a row. now i'm stuck. ffs. that's a hell of a hit and run, ****wad.
Welcome to the last 7 days for me. (even though I don't play HU).Example that literally happened as I typed that last line, not the best example but since it just happened right now I'll use it...PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with :D, :jcUTG calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checksFlop: (5 SB) :club:, :ts, :D(5 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, 1 fold, Hero calls, 2 foldsTurn: (3.5 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero callsRiver: (5.5 BB) :qh(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero callsTotal pot: $30 (7.5 BB) | Rake: $1Hero mucked :3h, :5c (two pair, Jacks and threes).MP1 had :4h, :D (full house, sevens over threes).Outcome: MP1 won $29I maybe should have been a little more aggressive at some point there.

Reads are fun. I'm sure this was still completely out of line, but every time I go a few weeks, and then drop back down to play 6-max, I'm shocked by what a uniquely exploitable little snow flake everyone is. Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, 3diamond.gif2 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, SB callsFlop: (4 SB) 9spade.gif, 2heart.gif, 10heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB callsTurn: (5 BB) 10club.gif(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, 1 foldI'm such an aggro-donk.

Reads are fun. I'm sure this was still completely out of line, but every time I go a few weeks, and then drop back down to play 6-max, I'm shocked by what a uniquely exploitable little snow flake everyone is. Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, 3diamond.gif2 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, SB callsFlop: (4 SB) 9spade.gif, 2heart.gif, 10heart.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB callsTurn: (5 BB) 10club.gif(2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, 1 foldI'm such an aggro-donk.
You would have had some fun for a while if you actually showed that down.
Hey, I have a negative $ Won Without Showdown. Is that like really bad or something? What's a typical one?
I'm not sure how to check this with PT2, but I'm pretty sure I get ****ing destroyed in non-showdown pots. Is it even possible to win overall in non-showdown pots?Filtering to check how much I've won at showdown, that number is like $150k over my total winnings over 81k hands. Someone tell me if that means I'm awful.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10spade.gif, 8heart.gif3 folds, Hero raises, BB callsFlop: (4 SB) Aspade.gif, 2heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (3 BB) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 foldHere's how often I believe you have something here: never. I should really stop this, but these guys are just so bad you have no idea. When you to play 1/3 of the pots, everyone is awful.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10spade.gif, 8heart.gif3 folds, Hero raises, BB callsFlop: (4 SB) Aspade.gif, 2heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (3 BB) 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 foldHere's how often I believe you have something here: never. I should really stop this, but these guys are just so bad you have no idea. When you to play 1/3 of the pots, everyone is awful.
I like it. Don't stop doing that.
I'm not sure how to check this with PT2, but I'm pretty sure I get ****ing destroyed in non-showdown pots. Is it even possible to win overall in non-showdown pots?Filtering to check how much I've won at showdown, that number is like $150k over my total winnings over 81k hands. Someone tell me if that means I'm awful.
Yeah I don't think its possible to be a long term winner in non showdown pots in lhe.

These players are so ****ing horrible it defies logic. Here's how they've solved poker: MPTK or better: go for a turn c/r. Otherwise, go apeshit until the river, and here if unimproved, you fold to the first sign of aggression. How can I play against such a perfect system?

watYou've said things that it took me a minute to understand before, but this one isn't coming to me. lolBtw, has anybody seen doinsublime lately?
What I'm implying is that when these awful players have to see more flops, even the ones at this level who generally seem OK are reviled as total donks.
you should play HU if you're comfortable doing this. seriously.as for me, i should just go ahead and take a couple grand in rb for september and avoid the +/- 150BB swongs. it's obviously going to be a breakeven month, but i keep going back and forth between +150 and -150 BB. save me the ****ing stress, jeebus.finished up even today in just 500 hands, but i was +75BB at one point and -85BB at another. this is hard on the heart.
this is correct unless you play HU, where running people over is more important. it just means that you're folding losers and getting showdowns when you have winners. LHE isn't a game where people are going to fold winners, like, ever (unless you're playing HU), so you should expect to be a huge loser in non-showdown pots and mostly worry about maximizing value in your shown down winners.
you should play HU if you're comfortable doing this. seriously.
I've been messing around with some 2/4 HU, which is in all likelihood what has me going ballistic, lately. It's probably mostly that I'm running so good, but I feel like it's helping my late street play by enormous leaps.Edit: Also, 6-max is the shit. I think I'm going to just completely switch over at this point. Not only is it more fun and are the other players obviously and hilariously and consciously exploitably flawed, but I can get in like 50% more hands. I'm a fan.
I've been messing around with some 2/4 HU, which is in all likelihood what has me going ballistic, lately. It's probably mostly that I'm running so good, but I feel like it's helping my late street play by enormous leaps.Edit: Also, 6-max is the shit. I think I'm going to just completely switch over at this point. Not only is it more fun and are the other players obviously and hilariously and consciously exploitably flawed, but I can get in like 50% more hands. I'm a fan.
if you're playing 2/4 HU, you'll want to really make sure you're game selecting well, or have good incentives, cuz otherwise the game's not especially beatable relative to rake. and it's obviously a bit crazy in terms of swings, as my posts over the last couple days might indicate :club:.tbh, you're often going to find the softest HU players when you start a new table of fr or 6m. and don't feel at all shy about quitting someone after a couple hands if you don't think that your edge is big enough. remember that a big part of HU is finding the right guy to squash, and if you're playing someone over whom you have a very small edge, the idiot looking for a game may pick another one to play. (that last point is the biggest thing i had to learn when i started playing HU--i'm a stubborn ************, and don't like "giving up" on anyone at all)

That's the problem. I'd actually like to be playing lower, even, given the variance, but I figured that the rake was pretty unbeatable. I'm probably going to continue plowing away 6- and 10-handed for a while longer. At what point does the rake become less important?(Oh, also, for the last hour I've actually been sitting at empty full-ring tables, crucifying the shitty, ignorant full-ring donks for 10 hands or so, until it hit 7 players, and then starting another one. Apparently I didn't invent this, because there are like three other people doing it, pissing me off. Get your own gimmick, homos.)

That's the problem. I'd actually like to be playing lower, even, given the variance, but I figured that the rake was pretty unbeatable. I'm probably going to continue plowing away 6- and 10-handed for a while longer. At what point does the rake become less important?(Oh, also, for the last hour I've actually been sitting at empty full-ring tables, crucifying the shitty, ignorant full-ring donks for 10 hands or so, until it hit 7 players, and then starting another one. Apparently I didn't invent this, because there are like three other people doing it, pissing me off. Get your own gimmick, homos.)
fwiw, you'll actually have less variance at HU if you game select really well and only play people that are run over-able (which is more doable on stars than ap, i'm sure, with the larger number of players).i've also talked it over with dustin and we kinda agree that 2/4 is about as low as you can go on most sites unless you're playing total idiots.and finally, good strategy. fr doinks are the best to do it against. :club:

7-high call-down after 3-betting his c/r. He never even had a draw. Where would that guy get like even a couple hundo? Can you hold a job when you have judgment like that? I would be afraid to even let him corral shopping carts. In the reality where that call is OK, God only knows the other things he'd think he should do -- keep a squirrel nursery in the deli freezer, tie underpants around his head to identify with Muslims, use ammonia to clean up bleach spills...I guess what I'm saying is he's not a great card player.

7-high call-down after 3-betting his c/r. He never even had a draw. Where would that guy get like even a couple hundo? Can you hold a job when you have judgment like that? I would be afraid to even let him corral shopping carts. In the reality where that call is OK, God only knows the other things he'd think he should do -- keep a squirrel nursery in the deli freezer, tie underpants around his head to identify with Muslims, use ammonia to clean up bleach spills...I guess what I'm saying is he's not a great card player.
I think these are more often the product of curiosity than them thinking they will win the pot. They think that you are bluffing, and even if they can't beat that bluff, they would like to see if they are right. They really don't care about how much it will cost them or whether or not it's good poker; they just want to see what you had.

New biggest pot won in terms of net profit.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $60.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with K :club:, 9 :ts1 fold, MP calls, Button raises, Hero calls, BB calls, MP callsFlop: (8 SB) 9 :D, K :3h, 8 :D(4 players)Hero bets, 1 fold, MP calls, Button callsTurn: (5.5 BB) K :D(3 players)Hero bets, MP calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, Button caps, Hero calls, MP callsRiver: (17.5 BB) 7 :qh(3 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, Button callsTotal pot: $1590 (26.5 BB) | Rake: $2Results in white below: Button mucked 8 :D, 8 :icon_clap: (full house, eights over Kings).Hero had K :D, 9 :4h (full house, Kings over nines).MP mucked 10 :qh, J :5c (straight, Jack high).Outcome: Hero won $1588

109BB? How the hell does that happen?
It wasn't one of the stronger games I've been in.(I had 77, one guy had AA and another had something else good that he overplayed. I flopped a set, and we all got caught in the middle. I don't remember all the details, but there were some hilarious hole cards at the end.)