Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Why are all the decent LHE posters moving to the hellishly fridge climate of Buffalo? Are houses like $17 or do you guys just hate comfort?
haha, i'm paying half the price for a place twice the size of my apt in chicago.and my gf is going to grad school here.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude same thing here. lol One year from now my wife will be making some good change and I won't have to cash out so religiously. The thing that made this downswing seem worse for me was this it came right at the time I was supposed to cash out, and I had met my BR goal before the downswing and then dropped back below it. Looks like Pokerstars will be having problems with their check processing again this week. lol
i'm up about 35k this year including rb and tourneys, and my br is 6k. **** withdrawals, imo.dinkdonk, i like beer, do you like beer?
Well, with all your outside poker money, the city will be able to build a bustling new economy around your lavish excesses. (LHE players like to shake it like like a salt shaker 24/7.)
Word
i'm up about 35k this year including rb and tourneys, and my br is 6k. **** withdrawals, imo.dinkdonk, i like beer, do you like beer?
While I like beer very much, I am but 20 years old at this current juncture, so any beer consumption I do will be from the privacy of a non-bar.

In 200 hands of 50/100 today, I'm running at 20.34 BB/100. Since that's obviously sustainable, I'm just going to do that full time. That means I'll be a millionaire in about a month and a half (49k hands or so). So I probably won't have time for you peons anymore. Nice knowing you.

In 200 hands of 50/100 today, I'm running at 20.34 BB/100. Since that's obviously sustainable, I'm just going to do that full time. That means I'll be a millionaire in about a month and a half (49k hands or so). So I probably won't have time for you peons anymore. Nice knowing you.
shit dude, play 2 hands a day and masturbate for the rest of the day.

god, losing to retards who are obviously drooling all over their keyboards is ****ing frustrating, lol.how do i lose to a guy when i know that:he raises only ax preflop and never 3bets.he peels literally every flop and turn unless i have raised by bb after he limped and an ace flopped.he only raises the immortal nuts and two card flushes.he shows down jack high or better on literally any board.

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with :club:, :3hUTG raises, MP calls, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP calls, Button callsFlop: (13 SB) :4h, :D, :qh(4 players)Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Button callsTurn: (8.5 BB) :D(4 players)Hero bets, 1 fold, MP calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, Button caps, Hero callsRiver: (17.5 BB) :5c(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero callsTotal pot: $51 (25.5 BB) | Rake: $1Button had :qh, :D (four of a kind, sixes).Hero mucked :ts, :D (full house, Queens over sixes).Outcome: Button won $50

i should make a t-shirt that says "praise jesus for donkeys that play me HU for just long enough to make me even when i'm having a terrible day" :)that's probably too long for a t-shirt, though. shit.holy **** i wanna say so much about this shit talking loser but i am pretty sure he posts on fcp and i don't want him to know how he ****s up so bad looool

Yesterday was the worst cash game day I've had in quite a long time. Overall downswing over the last few days was more than 200 BBs. After bitching and complaining and agonizing, and then getting pep talks from you guys, today was probably the best online cash game day I've had since focusing on LHE. Definitely the best since getting PT. I've had better days recently playing mtts online and live, but as far as LHE cash goes, which is where I intend to make most of my money, today is the best. Yesterdays graph (I had a fairly big downswing the day before as well, but not like this)...8-14-08.jpgToday I started off playing 1/2 and even .50/1 lol, just get some confidence again. I played about 500 hands without anything happening, and I got bored so I went back to shorthanded 2/4, and at that very moment my doomswitch was turned off...8-15-08.jpgHere is my overall graph again showing the more than 100 BB upswing in the last 500 hands following the close to 200 BB downswing. 8-15BBs.jpgBefore I went back to 2/4 I wrote myself a note and put it in front of my monitor. It's pretty much what dutch said last night. It says "I'm not up and I'm not down. I'm where I am right now. I start over at 0 each hand." I read that not back to myself at least 20 time today. I know its lame...but it really helped me keep the correct mental state.

What happened to those strat tables that used to run on Monday nights? Did those stop running or did they just quit asking me to show up?BTW- Nice run FG. It's a sick game and it will happen again, so just remember this next time you go through a downswing.

**** me. i am like never good here. all these guys are total nits postflop wtf. obv one guy has AK, one has K5, and other has Q10. stabstabstabAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: /9 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with 2 :D 2 :club:2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.Flop: J :4h 2 :5c K :D (9SB, 4 players)Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 caps, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.Turn: 9 :ts (12.5BB, 4 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Button bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.River: K :D (20.5BB, 4 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, MP3 raises, Button 3-bets, Hero folds, MP1 calls all-in , MP3 calls.Results:Final pot: 28.5BB

I dont normally play HU, so I know I suck at it, but I found myself in playing it briefly when a shorthanded game broke. Villain is a very aggressive player who lives to check raise, so was a little gunshy postflop but I was going to showdown if he bet. Should we be betting this A high for value at any point? I recognize that I probably should have bet the flop, but what about after?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with :club:, :tsHero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsFlop: (8 SB) :D, :D, :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: (4 BB) :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: (4 BB) :5c(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $16 (4 BB) | Rake: $0

I dont normally play HU, so I know I suck at it, but I found myself in playing it briefly when a shorthanded game broke. Villain is a very aggressive player who lives to check raise, so was a little gunshy postflop but I was going to showdown if he bet. Should we be betting this A high for value at any point? I recognize that I probably should have bet the flop, but what about after?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with :club:, :tsHero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB callsFlop: (8 SB) :D, :D, :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: (4 BB) :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: (4 BB) :5c(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $16 (4 BB) | Rake: $0
i bet the flop and turn, then check the river behind UI as a std line. against an aggro player, i bet the flop, check the turn behind, and try to pick off a bluff, raising if i hit. there are people i play somewhat regularly against whom i would vtown every street.

man, i had such a weird day today. HU, i ran like jesus christ himself and am up about 150BB. when the games got 3h+, i ran like ass and am stuck about 110BB. you guys do the math. (though admittedly, if i call on that 2s full hand--which i really don't think is a longterm mistake against those opponents considering i am getting a little better than 6:1 on a 4bet river every time, and i don't think i'm good 1/7 there, honestly--i'm up another 30BB, looool)since i typically play higher when i play HU, this is a better day than that, even. :club:

On a similar note of weird swings, I played about 300 hands. I swung down 100some-odd BB, sat back in disgust, changed some tables as better one became available, rebought 20BB at the tables where I was getting lit up, played a couple more rounds, ran well, won some pots, opened the cashier window about 15 minutes later, assuming I was down about 70-80BB, and I was almost even. I ended the session up 5BB.

oh, i know.but there's a little secret that i think the community might like to see about their good friend mcfold.http://www.tableratings.com/overview/checkymcfold-.02
lol it's not you obv, and my winrate is a lot better than that, although it did dip into the negative during my first bad run this year in apr.that site's kinda silly, too. i have over 50k hands played since feb, not 29k.

I dunno about this game. I'm getting ass raped today by horrible players. I know it'll work it's self out in the long run...its just frustrating.This is just one example of many like this today...PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with :ts, :D1 fold, MP raises, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, MP caps, Button calls, Hero callsFlop: (13 SB) :5c, :D, :3h(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, Hero raises, MP calls, Button callsTurn: (9.5 BB) :qh(3 players)Hero bets, 1 fold, Button callsRiver: (11.5 BB) :club:(2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero callsTotal pot: $60 (15 BB) | Rake: $2Button had :qh, :D (straight, Ace high).Hero mucked :D, :4h (two pair, Aces and Kings).Outcome: Button won $58