Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

You mean on the HUD? Those numbers VP is the percent of hands you voluntarily put money in the pot, PR is the % you raise preflop, and AF is the aggression factor...wich I dont totally understand myself but it has to do with how aggressive you are postflop. The higher the AF the more you want to call them down with marginal hands. In full ring good tag numbers will be somewhere around 18/15/2.5.There are people here that have been using it longer than I do and might be able to give you some more/better advice.
Ok TY very much ya it was for the HUD.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

won 50BB vs. good players, then lost 40BB back to mildly-to-moderately-retarded people who only have "check" and "call" buttons. i swear i was beating average hands every time i bet, i swear! :DEDIT: make that 60BB :club:. sure is a great day to be a 70/10/0.2.

6-handed is interesting. It's turned me into maniac, though. My PR/AF doesn't even show up for this session; those margins are just hotlinks to an anger management clinic and an iTunes checkout for Korn's Follow the Leader. I can safely to some extent ignore the players' tendencies full ring (you know what I mean), but it's incredibly important here, no? Some of these donks are absolutely nutty. Some more 6-handed inquiries: Other than the Stox book, are there short-handed books worth picking up? I know the Stars store has one that seems somewhat popular.I assume variance will be a lot high, so what kind of bankroll changes are we talking about? is 500BB about right, ballpark?This may seem obvious, but why am I playing 6-handed, other than the fact that 9/10-handed doesn't play at the higher levels? I guess you can see more hands/h? Is the advantage for the winning players bigger, I guess? Are both of those assumptions legitimate and did I miss something? Any thoughts on any of this?

6-handed is interesting. It's turned me into maniac, though. My PR/AF doesn't even show up for this session; those margins are just hotlinks to an anger management clinic and an iTunes checkout for Korn's Follow the Leader. I can safely to some extent ignore the players' tendencies full ring (you know what I mean), but it's incredibly important here, no? Some of these donks are absolutely nutty. Some more 6-handed inquiries: Other than the Stox book, are there short-handed books worth picking up? I know the Stars store has one that seems somewhat popular.I assume variance will be a lot high, so what kind of bankroll changes are we talking about? is 500BB about right, ballpark?This may seem obvious, but why am I playing 6-handed, other than the fact that 9/10-handed doesn't play at the higher levels? I guess you can see more hands/h? Is the advantage for the winning players bigger, I guess? Are both of those assumptions legitimate and did I miss something? Any thoughts on any of this?
sounds like you're adapting to 6max just fine :)the large reason that people like to play 6max these days is twofold: first, the donkeys tend to like these games more cuz there's "more action," and second, the better players flock there as well because the fish are more prevalent and with fewer players, one can punish people for their mistakes more easily.i've never read a 6max book, personally, but i've only read two poker books that i've ever found at all helpful, anyways, and not for the reasons that one would think. i've literally never read a straight up strategy book for any game that i thought wasn't somehow retarded or outdated.my graph for today:up to hand 500--slowly winning 50BBhands 500-600--very quickly losing 70BBhands 600-700--somewhat quickly winning 40BBand fin.
Yeah, your edge is going to be quite a bit bigger in 6 max games. You are going to be able to put yourself into a lot more pots with the poor players at the table. You will be able to isolate them a lot lighter than you would full ring because you will be less worried about big hands behind you. Not only that, but since everyone's ranges are wider in general, you will be giving up much less immediate equity in defending your blinds with a wide range and generally just taking flops vs. the fish. With such wide ranges, these players are going to be put into (or rather you will put them into) a ton of marginal spots where they will inevitably make mistakes because, well, they are bad players. The variance is higher but you should get in more hands per hour and eventually a higher win rate. Oh and what site/limits are you playing if you don't mind my asking?
I can safely to some extent ignore the players' tendencies full ring (you know what I mean), but it's incredibly important here, no? Some of these donks are absolutely nutty.
yeah. you have to pay more attention to players tendencies to be the best exploitive player you can be for the reasons that dink mentioned.
I assume variance will be a lot high, so what kind of bankroll changes are we talking about? is 500BB about right, ballpark?
i would say that as long as you have 500BBs for the level below you and are always totally willing to move down then you should be okay.
Is the advantage for the winning players bigger, I guess?
because full ring is BORING! also, from a pure lovers standpoint full ring is a lot less pure compared to it's shorter handed counterparts. like HULHE is probably one of the purest games we have. playing 100% of your hands profitably is a lot more interesting than having to fold KJ up front.

Oh and Dutch are you playing professionally or as a significant part of your income? This has a lot of bearing on bankroll size imo. Either way I think Navy is right, but being willing to drop down is extremely important if you're going with that aggressive of an approach.

Yesterday was the first day in Idontknowhowmany months that I didn't play poker. It was more refreshing than I thought it would be. Today I just played 190 hands in a 1 hour session and I won 60BB. I will now go enjoy the rest of the evening.

Dink: I play lower than most of you, on the major sites. If it's important I can PM you; I don't care about the regulars here knowing. It's not a vanity thing, it's mostly that I don't want all my HHs and where and what I play to be public record; it makes be uncomfortable for some lurker I just drew out on to pop in and be able to put the hand together. I'm sure it's stupid, but I'm kind of stupid. NB: HULHE scares me. How high do you have to play to beat the rake, and is there some kind of beginners' guide worth checking out?

Oh and Dutch are you playing professionally or as a significant part of your income? This has a lot of bearing on bankroll size imo. Either way I think Navy is right, but being willing to drop down is extremely important if you're going with that aggressive of an approach.
No, I have too much money as it. Dropping down is not a problem; for someone as arrogant as I am, I strangely have 0 poker pride. Well -- it's not that, it's that I have such a disdain for mismanagement of funds being seen as ballsy and cool that I take pride in figuring out how to make more money, not telling people I play 30/60 or whatever.
Dink: I play lower than most of you, on the major sites. If it's important I can PM you; I don't care about the regulars here knowing. It's not a vanity thing, it's mostly that I don't want all my HHs and where and what I play to be public record; it makes be uncomfortable for some lurker I just drew out on to pop in and be able to put the hand together. I'm sure it's stupid, but I'm kind of stupid. NB: HULHE scares me. How high do you have to play to beat the rake, and is there some kind of beginners' guide worth checking out?
No it's not that important. I was just wondering if you played on Stars because I have quite a lot of experience in those 6 max games, and I could give you stats/advice on how to deal with the regs. And if it was somewhere else I was going to ask you how the games/benefits are there. On that note, does anybody play a significant amount of volume in the FullTilt 10/20-30/60 games?
because full ring is BORING!
It just feels like poker to me, man. Sure, 10-handed LHE sucks. It's a horrible game; there's almost no way to no want to kill yourself 30% of the time. But to me that's the purity of poker. But hey, I'm screwed up in the head.
It just feels like poker to me, man. Sure, 10-handed LHE sucks. It's a horrible game; there's almost no way to no want to kill yourself 30% of the time. But to me that's the purity of poker. But hey, I'm screwed up in the head.
lemme guess--catholic? :club:
No it's not that important. I was just wondering if you played on Stars because I have quite a lot of experience in those 6 max games, and I could give you stats/advice on how to deal with the regs. And if it was somewhere else I was going to ask you how the games/benefits are there. On that note, does anybody play a significant amount of volume in the FullTilt 10/20-30/60 games?
Still going strong on there huh?
Still going strong on there huh?
The 30/60 has dried up a ton since the world series, but there are still good games to mix in to my rotation. The 10/20-15/30 are still just as awesome as ever.
I as well prefer FR as to 6 max.

bleh, been building up nicely for a few days after my break, then just get absolutely crushed in my last 300 hands for 70 big bets./garbage

bleh, been building up nicely for a few days after my break, then just get absolutely crushed in my last 300 hands for 70 big bets./garbage
My trick is to start out by losing so much that even a small loss feels like a big win, and a bigger loss can't feel any worse. 110BB is about right. Plus, you can spend the whole session reraising OOP with napkins to work out your frustrating -- if the loss comes at the end of your session, all you can do is play longer or go smack your girlfriend around or something.
My trick is to start out by losing so much that even a small loss feels like a big win, and a bigger loss can't feel any worse. 110BB is about right. Plus, you can spend the whole session reraising OOP with napkins to work out your frustrating -- if the loss comes at the end of your session, all you can do is play longer or go smack your girlfriend around or something.
<3still getting crushed

In August, I played 30,700 hands and made $7.6k profit.In September, I have played 2,700 hands and made $8.6k profit.This game just seems silly sometimes.

In August, I played 30,700 hands and made $7.6k profit.In September, I have played 2,700 hands and made $8.6k profit.This game just seems silly sometimes.
I have played 434 hands this month, and lost $.80. booyah!

i think i've discovered that the best way to supertilt someone is to just ignore them and never type anything at them."DOUG_WILSON," for instance, has responded to this tactic by spewing 30BB and repeatedly calling me "bluff catcher" in the chat. the latter point i find amusing, as he has not yet stopped bluffing, as one might expect.