Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

May all our graphs blossom robusto as well as these flowers in the coming month. I know that's cheesy as hell, and I don't care in the least. smile.gif Looking forward to picking up the pace again soon, but glad I got some more good Maine summer time out and about recently as we've felt the first cooling breeze of the season already.Gl all.
God I miss Maine so much. Cant wait to be there for a week in October.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a little OT for lhe, but what to do after going deep in two tournaments (first one was lhe, so cut me some slack :ts) feeling like I was playing great and then final tabling one and bubbling the other final table and basically making no money on either one? May all our graphs blossom robusto as well as these flowers in the coming month. I know that's cheesy as hell, and I don't care in the least. :D Looking forward to picking up the pace again soon, but glad I got some more good Maine summer time out and about recently as we've felt the first cooling breeze of the season already.Gl all.
POTY IMO :club:
SAFYP
I Know The Crap Out Of A Woman
Oh Lord. I reserve the right to retract this statement since I don't know what the SA stands for before FYP.

well, i dropped 100BB at 3/6 today but then took 2nd in a LHE donkament (still a lil' tilty about losing to that tard HU though, boo), so i'm officially up 39 dollars today. shipp?also maine is fking gorgeous. i went to the port clyde/bath area this summer with my family, and wow.

May all our graphs blossom robusto as well as these flowers in the coming month. I know that's cheesy as hell, and I don't care in the least. :club: Looking forward to picking up the pace again soon, but glad I got some more good Maine summer time out and about recently as we've felt the first cooling breeze of the season already.Gl all.
CLAY AIKEN!

"nice check raise idiot. you know I only call the raise with 1 hand right?""I didn't, actually. That's a really specific idiosyncrasy. You call with that, but then throw away 10-10? Taht's weird.""no I mean it's the only hand that doesn't beat you I call with""I don't want you playing hands that beat me, anyway.""wait......what? Im saying that I WOULD call with those hands and fold the wons you beat. you can't raise if only better hands call""Interesting..."[About 30 hands later he flops a set and I turn the nuts, and c/r, and win a big pot.]"I totally see what you mean. See, there I could c/r because you could have all kinds of good hands that I beat. I'm killing like 5 other tables using this "value" stuff; you're like some kind of a genius. You should write a book."

Flushgarden, on facebook join the group 'The 207'. Lots of pics for people who have moved away. Clay Aiken, lol, lets not get carried away here.Took me a second to get NB's picture. I'm slow sometimes.

horribleplayersatthis onetableand I can'twina handPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with :ts, :tcUTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG callsFlop: (13.0 SB) :D, :3h, :5c(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG callsTurn: (8.0 BB) :qh(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG callsRiver: (11.0 BB) :4h(3 players)SB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, 1 foldTotal pot: 13.0 BBResults in white below: Hero had :D, :club: (one pair, tens)UTG had :D, :D (straight, seven high)Outcome: UTG won $50.00

I probably wouldnt of paid attention to the book checky was reading if you didnt do this "he can that can not be named" on us. Can someone please pm me the name of the book.

You got my acronym though, right?
:club: (Read my white text before)edit - so awesomely fyp? thats all i got. time for bed though.

Currently in a live LHE downswing of about -42BB over two sessions totalling 5 hrs. Won 4 pots and chopped one 3 ways over that time. I hope this ship rights itself quick because I like the new Horseshoe Hammond cardroom a lot, but this is not the way I wanted to start.

i took a guy for 55BB in 16 min and 102 hands of 5/10 hu today and called it a day :club: .
Nice. I would do the same. Well...I'd probably quit lhe for the day and play some mtts and gambol for the ever elusive big score.
Took me a second to get NB's picture. I'm slow sometimes.
i was just calling you all little girls since the last page and a half was everyone complaining about they're bad they're running. there's a place for that stuff, it's called the garbage.
i was just calling you all little girls since the last page and a half was everyone complaining about they're bad they're running. there's a place for that stuff, it's called the garbage.
tbh, i think there's a great deal of psychological value in venting for a lot of people, myself included. speaking for myself, i've only gone back to LHE full time in 2008, and having played o8 and stud8 for such a long time before that, where there's comparatively little variance, having an outlet like this thread to just spew some shit now and again (which e1 is obv welcome not to read) is actually +ev for me. and i say that with 100% certainty. while i've certainly gotten closer to an ideal state of mind with regard to dealing with beats and stuff, i'd be kidding myself if i claimed that it didn't get to me and that i didn't still need to whine or laugh it off somewhere relatively publicly.if it makes me look douchey or like a little girl, whatevz. i mean, the forum already thinks i'm a raging homosexual because i am :club:
Give me a little credit here, I said I was slow sometimes, but with me posting that, you Still felt I needed it explained to me? :club:
SuitedAces fixed your post.
Hahaha, I love it. Nice work.
if it makes me look douchey
i don't think it looks douchey at all. it seems like you don't want to be tilting, correct? that's why you come here and post beats (because it's thearapuetic.) what if you directed that energy to into learning how not to tilt? the easiest way is positivity with others. try this: go and get change in quarters for five dollars. set a cup on your desk and everytime you cuss put a quarter in that cup and everytime you take a beat well (the only thing you said in your head was "i like my play in that hand what can i learn from his play?") you took a quarter out. and at the end of the day you went and gave those quarters to homeless people. and hope for the day you want to take a beat well and put a quarter IN the cup.that would be much more thearaputic than posting beats here i'm sure. yes posting here is easier. there's always a reason not to try and improve your game.(this is why i don't post strat.)
i don't think it looks douchey at all. it seems like you don't want to be tilting, correct? that's why you come here and post beats (because it's thearapuetic.) what if you directed that energy to into learning how not to tilt? the easiest way is positivity with others. try this: go and get change in quarters for five dollars. set a cup on your desk and everytime you cuss put a quarter in that cup and everytime you take a beat well (the only thing you said in your head was "i like my play in that hand what can i learn from his play?") you took a quarter out. and at the end of the day you went and gave those quarters to homeless people. and hope for the day you want to take a beat well and put a quarter IN the cup.that would be much more thearaputic than posting beats here i'm sure. yes posting here is easier. there's always a reason not to try and improve your game.(this is why i don't post strat.)
This is such an alien approach for me that I'm half-thinking of trying it. Even though I like to think I've developed my soul-dead cynic technique to the point where I don't really tilt, I obviously do, as I've halved my winrate over the last 10,000 hands. You're a strange man, Navy. I should be rebuking you, but like any good mark I'm hopeful that your magic bag contains the answers to my problems.
this is actually shaping up to be quite an interesting discussion, but not for the same reasons that people may think right now :club:.first, it's worth saying that it's obviously a goal of all of ours to "tilt less," at least to the extent that we don't want to start playing worse when things ain't going so well. however, what (at least) i DON'T want to do is render my experience with poker unemotional to the extent that bad sessions don't bother me at all and, by extension, good sessions don't hype me up, either. a lot of the reason that i love playing poker is that it taps, at least a little bit, into the sort of feelings about baseball that i had when i was 5 or 6--the idea that i might be able to pay the bills playing what is fundamentally a game, and to enjoy my "job" in that sort of childish, excited way, is a large reason that i chose poker when i gave grad school the proverbial boot (how are you liking that, btw? hope it's going well so far). if i were to make myself a sort of robot when playing and level the emotional roller coaster of cards TOO much, that part of what i'm doing would fall away and i may as well go back to school and do something that has more value for society writ large.but of course, there's a sort of balancing act there. for us cash game players, you can't just embrace the roller coaster ride and play like a god half the time and like total shit the other half thereby. you have to be able to "tilt less," but i think that to do so to the degree that you're talking about would kill a lot of what i really like about playing poker. does that mean that my threshold as a player may top out lower than yours? probably, but that's something that i'm ok with, and even embrace on some level. it's worth saying here, too, that although a lot of what we talked about in vegas toward the end did (and does) excite me to a great degree, but upon reflecting on it further, a lot of the concerns that i've just articulated kind of came into play.that was a bit rambly, and perhaps esoteric, but that might further indicate my point in all of it, lol.
this is actually shaping up to be quite an interesting discussion, but not for the same reasons that people may think right now :club:.first, it's worth saying that it's obviously a goal of all of ours to "tilt less," at least to the extent that we don't want to start playing worse when things ain't going so well. however, what (at least) i DON'T want to do is render my experience with poker unemotional to the extent that bad sessions don't bother me at all and, by extension, good sessions don't hype me up, either. a lot of the reason that i love playing poker is that it taps, at least a little bit, into the sort of feelings about baseball that i had when i was 5 or 6--the idea that i might be able to pay the bills playing what is fundamentally a game, and to enjoy my "job" in that sort of childish, excited way, is a large reason that i chose poker when i gave grad school the proverbial boot (how are you liking that, btw? hope it's going well so far). if i were to make myself a sort of robot when playing and level the emotional roller coaster of cards TOO much, that part of what i'm doing would fall away and i may as well go back to school and do something that has more value for society writ large.but of course, there's a sort of balancing act there. for us cash game players, you can't just embrace the roller coaster ride and play like a god half the time and like total shit the other half thereby. you have to be able to "tilt less," but i think that to do so to the degree that you're talking about would kill a lot of what i really like about playing poker. does that mean that my threshold as a player may top out lower than yours? probably, but that's something that i'm ok with, and even embrace on some level. it's worth saying here, too, that although a lot of what we talked about in vegas toward the end did (and does) excite me to a great degree, but upon reflecting on it further, a lot of the concerns that i've just articulated kind of came into play.that was a bit rambly, and perhaps esoteric, but that might further indicate my point in all of it, lol.
competition is very healthy. but the competition isn't who wins the hand (as we all know), it's who is the better prepared to make the best decision. the competition is who works harder before sitting down at the table. it's not that you shouldn't be emotional. you should be emotional. you should be happy when you make the correct play all day every day. in order to make the correct play you have to have a super positive outlook. it's just as much a leak in any ones game as any other. the easiest way to be super positive is to recognize where the competition in. it's self-fufulling, but it's the best way i know how to get rid of negative feelings.