why i love internet poker

Just an amusing note. Apparently you should limp with AK, according to the guy at my table, because no matter what comes on the flop, you'll always have the 4th best hand and if no one raised preflop, you know they don't have AA, KK or QQ and you automatically know you are in the lead.I just said wow, I never thought of it that way, thank you.

I'll tell you why I love internet poker..i had a guy say.. "you fold a lot".. and i said., well i'm not getting good cards,,and his reply was. how do u expect to win if you dont play your hands to see if your cards hit. hahaha. I love these guys., they pay well

The one thing I hate about internet poker is that in tournaments, if you are the short stack you are about 95% dead. They seen to always kill off short stacks even when you go into a showdown as the favorite. I have been short stacked with pocket aces, raised, then been put all in by someone, only to be beat every time. I have been but in with kings, queens, AK suited, been the favorite each time only to get run down to be eliminated. This has happened with hands of AKs or better now 10 times in a row. Just bad luck??? Doubt it... How else do they get throug tourneys of 600 to 1000 people in 4 hours.....

and his reply was. how do u expect to win if you dont play your hands to see if your cards hit.
I had just about the same response the other night at my home game. Then again, this was from the same person that said that he would rather have AK than AA in the "first hand of the WSOP and everyone goes all-in before you" scenario, because "Then you can hit your A or K" :wall: :wall: :wall:
The one thing I hate about internet poker is that in tournaments, if you are the short stack you are about 95% dead.  They seen to always kill off short stacks even when you go into a showdown as the favorite.  I have been short stacked with pocket aces, raised, then been put all in by someone, only to be beat every time.  I have been but in with kings, queens, AK suited, been the favorite each time only to get run down to be eliminated.  This has happened with hands of AKs or better now 10 times in a row.  Just bad luck??? Doubt it... How else do they get throug tourneys of 600 to 1000 people in 4 hours.....
This is an interesting theory.I'm sure the people at http://www.tinfoilhatsonastick.com would like to hear more from you.
The one thing I hate about internet poker is that in tournaments, if you are the short stack you are about 95% dead.  They seen to always kill off short stacks even when you go into a showdown as the favorite.  I have been short stacked with pocket aces, raised, then been put all in by someone, only to be beat every time.  I have been but in with kings, queens, AK suited, been the favorite each time only to get run down to be eliminated.  This has happened with hands of AKs or better now 10 times in a row.  Just bad luck??? Doubt it... How else do they get throug tourneys of 600 to 1000 people in 4 hours.....
you must not be wearing your tinfoil hat...
:club:

How else do they get throug tourneys of 600 to 1000 people in 4 hours.....By rasing the blinds every 15 minutes instead of 60 or 90?

The one thing I hate about internet poker is that in tournaments, if you are the short stack you are about 95% dead. They seen to always kill off short stacks even when you go into a showdown as the favorite. I have been short stacked with pocket aces, raised, then been put all in by someone, only to be beat every time. I have been but in with kings, queens, AK suited, been the favorite each time only to get run down to be eliminated. This has happened with hands of AKs or better now 10 times in a row. Just bad luck??? Doubt it... How else do they get throug tourneys of 600 to 1000 people in 4 hours.....crazylaugh.gif

Internet poker is a beast... Sure it can be frustrating as hell (as it is tonight) but where else could I make twice my working wage each month whilst having so much fun? I will be the first to admit I get pIssEd off a lot more than I should do and some of the sub human retard moves that get paid off break my heart but Im starting to come to the realisation that its one hell of a long game. I will also admit that I have subscribed to most of the conspiracy theories at some point or another, but this was very early on when I was A) suspicious, and B) a losing player. Now, when I go back and view how I played hands I realise that I should be able to get away from tptk, or that O realy was playing far too loose that session...But what do I love about the game? flopping a low set when I can smell an overpair... seeing justice served when some SHR finally does get his comeuppance.... making a read on a player and acting accordingly, and then seeing your read was right when it goes to showdown... and when yuo look at your bank account and realise that despite having a cold month at the tables, your still transferring more into your savings account than you earn in a month. These are the things I love and long may they continue.

i once ended up all in after hitting a set of Kings on the turn. I got called and the guy flipped over a set of threes.After he lost, he said "oh man lost another coin flip."and i said, "yeah, man, but you'll probably win the next one."

i once ended up all in after hitting a set of Kings on the turn.  I got called and the guy flipped over a set of threes.After he lost, he said "oh man lost another coin flip."and i said, "yeah, man, but you'll probably win the next one."
I once had a guy type in "yet again another suckout" after his A K offsuit didn't hold up against my pocket 10's...I just added...."Sorry Man"
I'll tell you why I love internet poker..i had a guy say.. "you fold a lot".. and i said., well i'm not getting good cards,,and his reply was. how do u expect to win if you dont play your hands to see if your cards hit.  hahaha. I love these guys., they pay well
Sweet. Keep taking their money

Same sorta thing, dude lost with 33 vs QQ with board of 3 6 Q 10 5 when he check/called to the river where he immediately went all in and lost. His quote: "What an awful beat". :shock:

i once ended up all in after hitting a set of Kings on the turn.  I got called and the guy flipped over a set of threes.After he lost, he said "oh man lost another coin flip."and i said, "yeah, man, but you'll probably win the next one."
I once had a guy type in "yet again another suckout" after his A K offsuit didn't hold up against my pocket 10's...I just added...."Sorry Man"
my buddy called a players AJ allin last nite with 55, and the board was bricks. player types in: typical "PS suckout." another player wrote in "how was it a suckout?" to which player 1 responded "he only had 2 outs".

I just like the ones that are 5 off the bubble and in the BB (half their stack) and they fold to a 2XBB raise. Then next hand they're in SB (again half their stack) and they fold. Boy they really want to eek into that money don't they! lol.

I just like the ones that are 5 off the bubble and in the BB (half their stack) and they fold to a 2XBB raise.   Then next hand they're in SB (again half their stack) and they fold.  Boy they really want to eek into that money don't they! lol.
That's not that bad. I folded A3 suited last wednesday and waited another hand before being blinded out and it earned me $70.
I just like the ones that are 5 off the bubble and in the BB (half their stack) and they fold to a 2XBB raise.   Then next hand they're in SB (again half their stack) and they fold.  Boy they really want to eek into that money don't they! lol.
That's not that bad. I folded A3 suited last wednesday and waited another hand before being blinded out and it earned me $70.
You know what I mean... I doubt you were 5 off the bubble or whatever. I'm saying these people have pot odds to call with any 2 and they fold hoping like a dozen people will get knocked out before them. lol.
You know what I mean... I doubt you were 5 off the bubble or whatever. I'm saying these people have pot odds to call with any 2 and they fold hoping like a dozen people will get knocked out before them. lol.
I like it when people assume I'm chicken and raise with anything because they think I'll fold. I do a lot, but if I catch a legit hand I have no problems pushing in.