.25/.50 Kings First Hand At Table.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kheart.gif, Kclub.gif. UTG raises, 4 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: (9.40 SB) 3diamond.gif, 4heart.gif, 7spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.Turn: (8.70 BB) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero calls.River: (12.70 BB) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 14.70 BBBe more aggressive? I just couldn't see anything I could beat that he's representing. Maybe he's going psycho with top pair, but this felt a lot more like a set.No reads cause yeah, my first hand at the table.

It's hard to put him on a range since it is just the first hand, but he could be capping with an overpair on the flop. Something like 88-QQ. But he doesn't cap pf, so maybe QQ unlikely. Not sure how many people would raise UTG with 33, 44, 77, 9 handed, but again since no read, you dont know how he plays. With that said, I 3-bet turn and if he caps, c/c all non K rivers.

I don't like 3-betting the turn. We're rarely ahead when 4 bets go in.If we think we need to get more action in, we can either bet/call the turn AND river, or c/r/call down from a turn 3-bet.I think these lines are more likely to get money in when we're ahead, rather than crushed.Of course, we're only really worried about 77 and AA (despite his pf call) here. 33 and 44 are possible, as well. We beat 88-QQ, and I'm sure a few of those would slow down at some point, no?

c/r/call down is very good. The only thing I'd be worried about is that villain might just check behind the turn. It's unlikely after the cap but I'd just hate to see it happen. Therefore I'm totally ok with hero's line without reads.With read that UTG is maniac I'd 3-bet the turn.

No, he never ever checks this turn behind. It's not an overcard to any of his potential overpair hands, and there were no draws on the flop for him to have been free-card-capping.I think it's more likely he just calls our lead if he has a hand we beat, than he is to check behind with it, and that's another good thing about the c/r line. If we're ahead, we're getting 3 bets minimum, whereas we might only get 2 if we donk out. If we're raising after our lead, it's a bit stronger indication that we're behind, so I don't want to put in the 3rd bet there. We have potential to lose 5 bets with the donk/3b, and we can only lose 4 with the c/r/c down line.

This hand is all about his action preflop.... He raises UTG then calls a reraise... what types of hands do we put him on... I'd say AJ maybe AQ/JJ or less... Probably above 66.... We act first after the flop... to me, it's value betting from here out, trying to get the most bets out of him... he gives us the lead preflop by calling so we lead out on the flop... he caps it with us, perfect... now, i still assume we have the best hand on the turn, he has shown a willingness to fire at us, but the big bets coming up are sure to slow him down if we continue to show extreme aggression and will likely get a call down as he begins to doubt his 99 which we're pretty sure he has... now I think I get 2 big bets from turn to river if he just calls down, but if we show weakness he's sure to pounce, so the check raise is the best play on the turn... if he just calls we lead out the river for another big bet, if he raises to cap on the turn, I slow down... and check call river...this board doesn't really scare us, not a lot of hands to be had, only really scared of a set, but my best assumption is he calls the check raise, he calls our river bet and shows down 99... we win, made an extra big bet, and I feel we maximized out win...

Yeah, but I think we're wa much more than we're wb based solely on pf and flop action.
Against an unknown .25/.50 player? The vast majority are not capping the flop with < JJ. FPS of just calling the 3-bet pf with AA is quite common though.I think against an average player @ .25/.50 we are WA probably 60% which I feel is not enough to lead the turn.
I think against an average player @ .25/.50 we are WA probably 60% which I feel is not enough to lead the turn.
ummmmwhat?do you also limp with AK?you dont want to put more money in the pot when you estimate you're ahead 60% of the time?this isnt your game...
ummmmwhat?do you also limp with AK?you dont want to put more money in the pot when you estimate you're ahead 60% of the time?this isnt your game...
Back to school for you.WA/WB is designed to minimise losses when behind and maximise value when ahead. Leading the turn gets 3 bets in when behind and 2 when in front, which is break even at best if ahead 60% of the time. Bring in the small adjustments for implied/reverse implied odds on the river and it becomes -EV to lead the turn.This is of course contingent on the estimate of 60%