Celebrities You Have Met?

P.O.D. (The lineup in 2001, not the changed one), they were so down to earth when I chatted with them.Brett Butler in 2006 after a comedy show. She was pretty awesomeI WOULD'VE met Linkin Park in 2003, had backstage passes to a show in Evansville Indiana that got cancelled, never rescheduled. (BBFIDTS)One of my best friends works at the Sheraton Hotel in Indianapolis, and his list absolutely destroys my list. (Of course, quite a lot of people's lists would eclipse mine). In fact, he was the reason we got those comedy show tickets, Brett gave him the tickets.But yeah, bands, athletes (including a large percent of the Colts...sadly, not Manning).

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one who just talks to celebrities...I don't really ask for their autograph or anything...just say hi and nice to meet you.Shaq at the Mall of America.John Randle (In line for Wild Thing at Valleyfair when I was a kid talked to him for a bit).The following is when I was the General Manager at the Krispy Kreme in Eden Prairie (near Vikings practice facility):Matt BirkMichael Bennett - 3am in the morning through the DTBryant McKennie - last 2 had nice Hummers...Birk just had a normal everyday family car.These ones also at Krispy Kreme...the rookies had to come every Saturday and buy 10 dozen doughnuts for the team. They rotated in order (week1 was the 1st round pick, week 2 the 2nd round pick, etc, etc and when the rookies ran out, they would start over with the first guy. There are more than this, but some of them are not famous at all...in fact, some of these ones aren't that famous.Kevin WilliamsKenechi UdezeTroy WilliamsonErasmus JamesDontarrius ThomasDarrion ScottOther football players I met in my hometown in ND, who happen to also be Vikings:Jim Kleinsasser (lived next to a friend of mine his last couple yrs of college)Brooks Bollinger (Was QB for the cross town HS football rival)Lots of poker players obv...talked to DN during his entire 10 or 15 min break at the WPT championship. Or I should say, he talked to me because he was so excited about the Heads-Up league that was about to start on FCP. I've talked to some others the same day, but haven't played with any....the list would be long and pointless since you guys don't care about meeting poker players cause most of you have.While I was in Vegas that time, I met Louie Anderson in the Excalibur Lobby (DAMN, he looks old).The following are when I managed a McDonald's at the Mpls airport:Danny Masterson (Hyde from that 70's Show)Matt Lauer (day after 35W bridge collapse...assuming there for a story)Rob Van Winkle (better known as Vanilla Ice)...orders a 2 burrito meal and asked for 10 salsa's...Steve-O - chick I worked with made him show her the tattoo on his back. It was late at night and no one was around, so he was cool and talked a lot. Ron GardenhireKevin McHale (didn't talk much when I talked to him AT ALL...just a 'hi and a quick walk away from everyone around)There were some others at the airport, but none of them memorable enough for me to remember who they were.Oh, and I met Erik Ryland at the Fall Poker Classic at Canterbury Park last year :club:

I use to be a tv producer for Comcast so Ive got to meet most big athletes so if you wanna know about some one ask. But Ill give u my fav celeb meetings.Michael Vick.= Obv before the dog fighting inncident but he was seriously one of the nicest "Big time" athletes out there. He always remembered my name and always would answer my questions in press confrences. Obv dont like him for what he did but he was always nice to me.Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders= I will link these 2 together since they are bascially the same person. Huge egos, religous one min and trying to hit on interns the next. OBV scum. Bob Sagget= Sudo celeb I guess. Very funny guy off camera. Also I had to play him in a full house trivia contest for our show. Sadly I won. TGIF in early 90's as a kid paid off in this contest.Jim Norton= comedian. Very funny ...pretty big ego for someone who isnt a superstar but ok I guess of a person.Carrottop= just flat out weird. Thats allSteven Spilberg=Nice guy, very generous and obv genius.Magic Johnson= Probaly the nicest athlete Ive met. Great guy and alot bigger in person than I would have imagined. Those are some of the main ones that stick out.

Damn no wonder we got flipped off, $75!?!?Bunch of army fcp'ers were there a few years ago and saw him there doing autographs. Someone (I think Nikki or Renae) took a picture of him without paying and he flipped them off, there is a nice picture of that somewhere.
When we (FCP) did the gaming expo a couple years back during the WSOP Pete Rose was seated across from our booth charging for autographs. His line 0 people Daniel's line 100+. Pete looks at a lady in line and says "who is that guy" lady "Daniel Negreanu, who are you"? Under his breath "Pete Rose" The combination of the quick exchange and the look on his face and response were priceless... Like a lot of things in life, sooooo sad, but sooooo funny.
I'm one who just talks to celebrities...I don't really ask for their autograph or anything...just say hi and nice to meet you.Shaq at the Mall of America.John Randle (In line for Wild Thing at Valleyfair when I was a kid talked to him for a bit).The following is when I was the General Manager at the Krispy Kreme in Eden Prairie (near Vikings practice facility):Matt BirkMichael Bennett - 3am in the morning through the DTBryant McKennie - last 2 had nice Hummers...Birk just had a normal everyday family car.These ones also at Krispy Kreme...the rookies had to come every Saturday and buy 10 dozen doughnuts for the team. They rotated in order (week1 was the 1st round pick, week 2 the 2nd round pick, etc, etc and when the rookies ran out, they would start over with the first guy. There are more than this, but some of them are not famous at all...in fact, some of these ones aren't that famous.Kevin WilliamsKenechi UdezeTroy WilliamsonErasmus JamesDontarrius ThomasDarrion ScottOther football players I met in my hometown in ND, who happen to also be Vikings:Jim Kleinsasser (lived next to a friend of mine his last couple yrs of college)Brooks Bollinger (Was QB for the cross town HS football rival)Lots of poker players obv...talked to DN during his entire 10 or 15 min break at the WPT championship. Or I should say, he talked to me because he was so excited about the Heads-Up league that was about to start on FCP. I've talked to some others the same day, but haven't played with any....the list would be long and pointless since you guys don't care about meeting poker players cause most of you have.While I was in Vegas that time, I met Louie Anderson in the Excalibur Lobby (DAMN, he looks old).The following are when I managed a McDonald's at the Mpls airport:Danny Masterson (Hyde from that 70's Show)Matt Lauer (day after 35W bridge collapse...assuming there for a story)Rob Van Winkle (better known as Vanilla Ice)...orders a 2 burrito meal and asked for 10 salsa's...Steve-O - chick I worked with made him show her the tattoo on his back. It was late at night and no one was around, so he was cool and talked a lot. Ron GardenhireKevin McHale (didn't talk much when I talked to him AT ALL...just a 'hi and a quick walk away from everyone around)There were some others at the airport, but none of them memorable enough for me to remember who they were.Oh, and I met Erik Ryland at the Fall Poker Classic at Canterbury Park last year :club:
I couldn't find any celebrities in your post Probably help if I knew any football players names*edit* I see Louis Anderson now.
6. daunte culpepprer at a mall in orlando
was he rehabbing there?met John Randle once at a bar and he was a dick. Jim Kleinsasser was there too. Someone asked him for an autograph and he said 5 bucks. So I passed him by and said loudly, "Who would pay $5 for a guy who can't even hold onto the ball." He got pissed and stood up and looked around. This was right after a game where he fumbled twice. On the flip side, played Golden Tee with Robert Smith that night, and Ed McDaniel. Met Brock Lesnar at Morton's in downtown Minneapolis as we were both waiting for tables. Dude is huge. My wife had made a comment about how big his neck was and I told her who it was and he turns around and shakes our hands. Way cool. Too bad he didn't pay for our dinner, would have been cooler!

I chatted with Shania Twain once. I could of chatted with Gwen Stephanie, but I thought she was a dancer so even though I stood next to her and smiled at her, I never said anything to her.I joked with the woman that played Adrian in the Rocky movies once.Me and George Clooney once tried to figure out how a light switch worked once for about 2 minutes. (We never did figure it out)Spent 15 minutes talking to Paul Glasser ( original Starsky )

When we (FCP) did the gaming expo a couple years back during the WSOP Pete Rose was seated across from our booth charging for autographs. His line 0 people Daniel's line 100+. Pete looks at a lady in line and says "who is that guy" lady "Daniel Negreanu, who are you"? Under his breath "Pete Rose" The combination of the quick exchange and the look on his face and response were priceless... Like a lot of things in life, sooooo sad, but sooooo funny.
hahah, good stuff

Weirdest Celeb-esque meeting that could have been a dream....I was at a Multi Millionaires cocktail party back in the late 80's. Private home mansion.A real Estate magnet and his wife, who had just become a US Citizen, and was SO proud she decided to have a mega bash just to celebrate.She catered food from all over the country as a theme. Seafood from Seattle, Steak form Texas, etc. All you could eat, buffet style....on china.The guys garage was 3000-ish s.f. His and hers Bentleys, 2 pimped SUV's, a vintage Ferrari and a newish Testarossa. Other random vehicles, plus the back side of this place was a guest house.He hired the Platters and the 4 Tops as live entertainment.Sat at a table with John Ritter and his mother, Doc Severensen and met Steven Segal. Later, at the cheese table, ran into and spoke to a fairly inebriated Michael Douglas. Cool dude.blah blah blah.... anyway, I'm met all sorts of people but this night was just really bizzare.Greatest celebrity moment??????????????Riding in the elevator at Bellagio with Mel Brooks!

Damn no wonder we got flipped off, $75!?!?Bunch of army fcp'ers were there a few years ago and saw him there doing autographs. Someone (I think Nikki or Renae) took a picture of him without paying and he flipped them off, there is a nice picture of that somewhere.
TPIWWP!!!classic.
MATTY! omg...I totally forgot about this. Rose just sat there for like, ever, virtually alone the whole time.Talk about striking out.
TPIWWP!!!classic.MATTY! omg...I totally forgot about this. Rose just sat there for like, ever, virtually alone the whole time.Talk about striking out.
Funny thing... They're both gamblers. :)Maybe Pete should take up poker.
TPIWWP!!!
for some reason I'm thinking that picture actually got deleted or something, we will have to check with Nikki.This is the picture where his little sidekick girl was yelling at them for taking a picture, it was right after that there was another picture of him flipping them offpeterose.jpg
I use to be a tv producer for Comcast so Ive got to meet most big athletes so if you wanna know about some one ask. But Ill give u my fav celeb meetings.Michael Vick.= Obv before the dog fighting inncident but he was seriously one of the nicest "Big time" athletes out there. He always remembered my name and always would answer my questions in press confrences. Obv dont like him for what he did but he was always nice to me.Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders= I will link these 2 together since they are bascially the same person. Huge egos, religous one min and trying to hit on interns the next. OBV scum. Bob Sagget= Sudo celeb I guess. Very funny guy off camera. Also I had to play him in a full house trivia contest for our show. Sadly I won. TGIF in early 90's as a kid paid off in this contest.Jim Norton= comedian. Very funny ...pretty big ego for someone who isnt a superstar but ok I guess of a person.Carrottop= just flat out weird. Thats allSteven Spilberg=Nice guy, very generous and obv genius.Magic Johnson= Probaly the nicest athlete Ive met. Great guy and alot bigger in person than I would have imagined. Those are some of the main ones that stick out.
Ive met Norton a hand full of times. He is very funny but gives off a strange vibe. Also met Louis CK, Patric Oneal. Oneal was a total jerk off and i called him out on it which made things worse.
So you are from Grand Forks then, originally? If you graduated around the same time as Bollinger then you probably graduated about the same time a bunch of my friends graduated from both GFRR and GFC.As for famous people I have met...-Worked at a bowling alley and pretty much catered The Rolling Stones when they went to bowl.-Went to Trapt/Shinedown concert, then afterwards they were all eating at our small little diner, where I was sitting next to them, I had a Shinedown shirt on, so they signed it and all that stuff.-When I was 13 I met a bunch of baseball players at a pool tournament at the Mall of America, most notably Kirby Puckett, Ken Griffey Jr. and Kenny Lofton.-I bowled a bunch with Tom Candiotti (old MLB pitcher) down in AZ
Phil Ivey was a total DOUCHE to me when I met him.
kinda surprised about that...hes a really cool guy...maybe he had a bad day or somethingive hung out with him on a couple occasions and he was very cool...even gave me a cigar after we ate...heh
was he rehabbing there?met John Randle once at a bar and he was a dick. Jim Kleinsasser was there too. Someone asked him for an autograph and he said 5 bucks. So I passed him by and said loudly, "Who would pay $5 for a guy who can't even hold onto the ball." He got pissed and stood up and looked around. This was right after a game where he fumbled twice. On the flip side, played Golden Tee with Robert Smith that night, and Ed McDaniel. Met Brock Lesnar at Morton's in downtown Minneapolis as we were both waiting for tables. Dude is huge. My wife had made a comment about how big his neck was and I told her who it was and he turns around and shakes our hands. Way cool. Too bad he didn't pay for our dinner, would have been cooler!
this was after he signed with the dolphins...he went to school at university of central florida<in orlando> and still has family here..i think he might even own a home here. he was a super nice guy and we chatted while he was waiting for the valet to bring his bentley out.
kinda surprised about that...hes a really cool guy...maybe he had a bad day or somethingive hung out with him on a couple occasions and he was very cool...even gave me a cigar after we ate...heh
Yeah maybe he was having a bad day.. It actually suprised me and caught me off guard because I kind of expected him to be nicer to me. All the other Pros I spoke to that day were more than happy to talk to me, take pictures with me, sign my hat etc.. He just totally blew me off rudely.. Even Daniel kept turning around from the table during his tournament to keep bullshitting with us since he remembered me from hanging out with us at the Voodoo lounge. It sucked because I have always LOVED Phil Ivey. He was the one pro I really wanted to meet, until that day.. now because of that I just dislike him.
this was after he signed with the dolphins...he went to school at university of central florida<in orlando> and still has family here..i think he might even own a home here. he was a super nice guy and we chatted while he was waiting for the valet to bring his bentley out.
That is kind of funny. One of the big reason the Vikes let him go was b/c he would not rehab where they wanted him to. Childress went to visit him and he was rehabbing in the parking lot of some strip mall. Was very strange to say the least. He had ability but that injury and his big headedness was his downfall. He started acting as his own agent and would send the press quotes refering to himself in the third person.
Yeah maybe he was having a bad day.. It actually suprised me and caught me off guard because I kind of expected him to be nicer to me. All the other Pros I spoke to that day were more than happy to talk to me, take pictures with me, sign my hat etc.. He just totally blew me off rudely.. Even Daniel kept turning around from the table during his tournament to keep bullshitting with us since he remembered me from hanging out with us at the Voodoo lounge. It sucked because I have always LOVED Phil Ivey. He was the one pro I really wanted to meet, until that day.. now because of that I just dislike him.
Ya there both completely diff on the table, ivey hates to be bothered unless he knows you, hes just insanely focused. DN on the other hand is focused but is very outgoing to his fans. Away from the table they pretty much act the same. Although Phil isnt a big fan of all the attention he knows it comes with the territory. If you ever seen him out on the town, at dinner or at the club hes pretty sociable, but like i said with the ppl he knows, if he dont know you its hit or miss.
Ya there both completely diff on the table, ivey hates to be bothered unless he knows you, hes just insanely focused. DN on the other hand is focused but is very outgoing to his fans. Away from the table they pretty much act the same. Although Phil isnt a big fan of all the attention he knows it comes with the territory. If you ever seen him out on the town, at dinner or at the club hes pretty sociable, but like i said with the ppl he knows, if he dont know you its hit or miss.
Yeah.. I was being extremely respectful and wouldn't try talking to anyone while they were on the table. That is just rude. I was catching them on breaks etc.. I wouldn't have talked to Daniel at the table either, but he was turning around talking to us when he was out of hands etc..
Yeah.. I was being extremely respectful and wouldn't try talking to anyone while they were on the table. That is just rude. I was catching them on breaks etc.. I wouldn't have talked to Daniel at the table either, but he was turning around talking to us when he was out of hands etc..
ya like i said with ivey its hit or miss, even on breaks he just wants to get out of there and relax for a min...my one friend is used to be his caddie for a few years (thats how i know him), and sometimes he cant say a word to him on breaks espically if hes not playing wellIt does suck that you caught him at a bad time and now your not a fan of him, but i guess first impressions mean a lot...isnt that what they say

I forgot, I also met Magic Johnson. I was 15 and my mom lived in Lansing, Michigan, and I was visiting for the weekend. Went to work out at the Gold's Gym there. I was doing power cleans and I saw this dude from the back sitting on a bench doing shoulder presses. He then stood up and I was thinking to myself "man that dude's tall, I wonder if plays basketball" and then he turned around and I was like, "oh snap, it's Magic". We were the only ones in the gym and he talked to me for about 10 minutes. Really cool and nice, especially for taking time like that to talk to some kid.

So you are from Grand Forks then, originally? If you graduated around the same time as Bollinger then you probably graduated about the same time a bunch of my friends graduated from both GFRR and GFC.As for famous people I have met...-Worked at a bowling alley and pretty much catered The Rolling Stones when they went to bowl.-Went to Trapt/Shinedown concert, then afterwards they were all eating at our small little diner, where I was sitting next to them, I had a Shinedown shirt on, so they signed it and all that stuff.-When I was 13 I met a bunch of baseball players at a pool tournament at the Mall of America, most notably Kirby Puckett, Ken Griffey Jr. and Kenny Lofton.-I bowled a bunch with Tom Candiotti (old MLB pitcher) down in AZ
Yeah, I graduated the year after him (RR in 99). My wife graduated from RR in 98, so I do know a lot of them.

Green Day is not a 3rd rate band.

He definitely got screwed over by misspelling one word.
Uh...not really. He's still 100 times smarter than our current president though. My favorite:"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."-Dan Quayle, 9/15/88