Cardplayer's Spadeclub

Did a forum search and didn't get anything on this, but apologies if there's a thread already.Saw a guy with a laptop in a bar playing on SpadeClub last weekend. He told me the basics, so I looked it up. Seems it's a legal way of playing poker online in the US by charging a monthly subscription price for the right to play freerolls that you can use to graduate up to tourneys with payouts of $5K up to $40K.Just curious if any FCP'ers have tried it. Not sure there's any reason to if you already have a working cash account on one of the other sites, but curious to see if this model becomes popular among what I would consider to be a large audience of people who want to play online but don't want or know how to deposit with the current restrictions.Anyone?

• 5 months later...

BumpI just joined a few days ago and I'm enjoying the site so far. A daily, weekly, and monthly Bellagio satellite has been added for a chance to win a $25,000 seat. I've been focusing on those. It's good times and if anyone else from here plays there look for the screen name ThriceGuy and say hello.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the bump, just thought I toss out that SpadeClub is history.

Dear Valued SpadeClub Members,Card Player Media is teaming up with the Zen Entertainment Network TM to provide a better poker experience to all our members. SpadeClub has ceased operations, and now your poker experience will be provided by the ZEN Entertainment Network.Going forward, all SpadeClub members are being offered a chance to participate in the transition to the ZEN Entertainment Network. ZEN's VIP program will honor all time already purchased by SpadeClub members. Basic members can continue to play for free as well.ZEN offers $100,000 in cash and prizes every month and has state of the art community features. ZEN is a terrific alternative now that SpadeClub is ceasing operations. Here are just a few of the great benefits to ZEN's poker product:· $100,000 in Monthly Cash and Prizes· Texas Hold'em, Royal Hold'em and Video Poker· UFC, WWE Gear and Event Trips and Tickets· Cameras, Home Electronics and Other Valuable Prizes· Poker Articles, Tools and Tips· Watch Game Play Through "Poker TV"All you need to do now is log in to SpadeClub, and you will be transitioned to the ZEN Network. You will also have the opportunity to cash out any available balances in your SpadeClub account for the next 30 days. If you require assistance, please do not reply to the email, but rather email us at support@spadeclub.com.We would like to thank you for your loyalty and participation within the SpadeClub community. Good luck and enjoy the ZEN Entertainment Network.Sincerely,The SpadeClub Team
Adios.
Sorry for the bump, just thought I toss out that SpadeClub is history.Adios.
No subscription site has really been a success so not surprising the the Shulmans have decided to take their lumps and close it down.