Official Florida Panthers Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why Bure wouldn't get in, but that's because I'm completely biased, since I think he was my favorite goal scorer to watch when I was little.
i agree..its the old argument..If Neely got in, why not Bure?

Yeah, I mean, durability and longevity is certainly something that makes someone an elite hockey player, so I see that side of the argument as well, I just liked Bure too much. :)Maybe his work with the Russian national team and his post-NHL career will help him get in.

Yeah, I mean, durability and longevity is certainly something that makes someone an elite hockey player, so I see that side of the argument as well, I just liked Bure too much. :)Maybe his work with the Russian national team and his post-NHL career will help him get in.
I loved Bure as well...Also AHL trivia..Pavel Bure was the first player acquired by the Mustangs in the AHL..He was traded for Jerome Iginla...I got fleeced
I loved Bure as well...Also AHL trivia..Pavel Bure was the first player acquired by the Mustangs in the AHL..He was traded for Jerome Iginla...I got fleeced
Was this in Pavel's Rangers days?Besides 1996, 2000 was such a great year for me. It was like nothing in the world to watch due to Bure and all his glory.These are great:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNoQGAZVc00and one from when NHL 2 Night was still kickin' around. Man I miss that show.
Was this in Pavel's Rangers days?Besides 1996, 2000 was such a great year for me. It was like nothing in the world to watch due to Bure and all his glory.These are great:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNoQGAZVc00and one from when NHL 2 Night was still kickin' around. Man I miss that show.
i think he was in Vancouver at the time.
  • 2 weeks later...

We're playing much better now, thankfully. I don't know how, or why even with all the injuries but we've got 5 road wins in a row and wins in 6 out of our last 7. Getting real quality efforts from everyone, but especially Bouwmeester. After a slow start the guy has been absolutely on fire. 5 goals and 9 assists in the last 15 games.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been rumored, yet not confirmed yet that Florida will be invited to start the 09-10 season in Prague against the Blackhawks. With a fair amount of Czech players on Florida it makes sense, and could be very cool to see. I just hope that if it happens, the travel and such doesn't wear them down or become an excuse for them to lose some games with hardly an effort.

If they told you half way through the year the Panthers would be knocking on the door of the Playoffs ahead of the Penguins, what would you have thought??Crazy stuff

• 3 weeks later...

what a great game for the Panthers..Total domination..Great line by Mcguire..."The Panthers are going Globetrotter on the Canadiens"loving it4 in a row for the Habs

Boston vs Florida first round?
I will be beside myself if this happens. Obv I'd be getting as many tickets as I could to the games in Boston, never seen a Florida playoff game live (hell we don't have too many anyway) and it would be just elation to make the playoffs this year. My pre-season diagnosis was not good for this team, I didn't think they'd be in this spot at all. Our next 5 games:NYITORNYIWASTORI could easily see us going 4-1-0, or pulling 7-8 points out of there. This is a huge part of the season where the points are right there waiting to be picked up, we can't play down to these teams and gotta go out and seize those points.
I will be beside myself if this happens. Obv I'd be getting as many tickets as I could to the games in Boston, never seen a Florida playoff game live (hell we don't have too many anyway) and it would be just elation to make the playoffs this year. My pre-season diagnosis was not good for this team, I didn't think they'd be in this spot at all. Our next 5 games:NYITORNYIWASTORI could easily see us going 4-1-0, or pulling 7-8 points out of there. This is a huge part of the season where the points are right there waiting to be picked up, we can't play down to these teams and gotta go out and seize those points.
If it's Boston vs Florida, I'll consider* driving down and watch some games with you.*disclaimer, I really really really hate driving so it'd be like 50/50. Let's just see Florida get in first.
Like I said if it means seeing the Pens miss the playoffs i will sacrifice our two games against you...Florida is my new team that "I dont hate and can toleratere winning at the expense of the teams that i hate"Go FloridaGO Mccabe