Official Florida Panthers Thread

Ya, bad news for the Panthers... I was playing my NHL 09 season... and the Cats have Eric Bougeniecki as their #1 centre and leading point-getter... that's not good news, considering they poached him from a European league, in this game, LOL.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, bad news for the Panthers... I was playing my NHL 09 season... and the Cats have Eric Bougeniecki as their #1 centre and leading point-getter... that's not good news, considering they poached him from a European league, in this game, LOL.
But I am sure your NHL 09 doesnt have McCabe there.... :club:
Na, he wasn't moved to FLA when the game was shipped, and I didn't bother changing it, yet. Just waiting for the roster update when the season starts.
What?? Maybe your lame PS3 version doesn't have him but if you update the rosters when you go online and save them, he's there.
I have it set up, I just haven't done anything on it, with NHL.I'm happy playing my solo games, lol.
I'm crazy about having my games updated. there are probably bugs and other tweaks to the game that you're missing out on by not connecting and updating.

On the list of funny things today (while also scratching for news) Wade Belak actually sent me an email this morning. I had emailed him last season a little after he was acquired by Florida, he reads a lot of the fan mails and writes back; it's pretty hilarious/awesome. Anyway, all he did was tell me about his new site which is "up and running" and has a good amount of fight clips. Merchandise coming soon. http://www.wadebelak.com/

little bit of a weird note, Jassen Cullimore is back (well..) with Florida by accepting a try out at training camp. This one stumps me a little bit, Cullimore was actually very serviceable and his agent said he had heard from at least 10 different teams about signing a contract. He was looking in the range of 2mil. The guy put up more than 18 minutes per game (if my memory serves me) and had a team best +/- rating of +21. That's crazy on a very mediocre team like last year. So it's weird he chose to take a try out and not an actual contract, now the try out may just lead to a contract but we're pretty stocked already on the blue line so it's a bit of a head scratching move. But if Bouw is moved during the season it could make a little more sense.

First Panther goal of the preseason goes to David Booth from Frolik ( :club: )1-0 Florida so far.EDIT: Great game from the guys. 3-2 Florida win, come back from down 1-2 at the start of the third. Highlights:Boy Frolik was all over the ice, he was amazing in around 17:00 mins of icetime, unofficial 4 shots on net and an assist. Had a great breakaway, just missed it. Jay Bouwmeester had the winning goal, and it was the most beautiful goal of the night. The guy is a stud.Corey Murphy really fighting for that roster spot, played some good D. Rusty Olesz put one in the net to tie it at 2, he had a lot of shot chances.

was repik playing?I bought an authentic CCM navy panthers jersey today for $46.
Yeah Repik did play, just minimally. He did register a shot on net but nothing out of the ordinary, not bad but not great.Those jerseys are awesome, where'd you find it for so low?

So word out of camp is Horton will officially take his spot at C this year. This makes a few things interesting as it locks down all of our centers for sure and 1-4 will look like this (line wise):HortonWeissKrepsCampbellNow this also means Matthias will not be playing his normal position if he makes the team out of camp. With this news, and the news that Frolik is turning more heads and outplaying Matthias, it could be a hit to his chances. Ville Peltonen (or a slim slim chance of Bret McLean/Wade Belak) would have to be on the outside looking in if one of the two make the cut.

So word out of camp is Horton will officially take his spot at C this year. This makes a few things interesting as it locks down all of our centers for sure and 1-4 will look like this (line wise):HortonWeissKrepsCampbellNow this also means Matthias will not be playing his normal position if he makes the team out of camp. With this news, and the news that Frolik is turning more heads and outplaying Matthias, it could be a hit to his chances. Ville Peltonen (or a slim slim chance of Bret McLean/Wade Belak) would have to be on the outside looking in if one of the two make the cut.
no offense to my friends in Florida, but I hope Matthias falls flat on his face..Nothing personal at all..just need my trade to look better.