Official Florida Panthers Thread

Well, you're gaining on the right team.You hold your own destiny with two games against the Caps left.
Yep, a few against Carolina too!Anyway, can't be upset with this. Feeling good, so I'm off for the live tables hoping to run goot for the second time in 2 days.
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like Martin will stay as gm, but not as coach: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234003&lid...=headlines_mainI'm calling a Pat Quinn hiring.
Yeah not surprising once the oust of playoff contention was sealed, I'll disagree or hope not to see a Quinn hiring, but I'm sure we'll see in the upcoming weeks.
  • 4 weeks later...

Resigned Wade Belak and Kamil Kreps the other day to a couple of 2 year deals. Both good, especially on the Kreps front. Top two defensive forward on the team, loads of improvement last year and brought some decent secondary scoring. No real updates on the coach search yet, although old buddy and coach that brought us to the Cup finals (McLean) is in the mix supposedly, maybe even Maurice will get a look.

Resigned Wade Belak and Kamil Kreps the other day to a couple of 2 year deals. Both good, especially on the Kreps front. Top two defensive forward on the team, loads of improvement last year and brought some decent secondary scoring. No real updates on the coach search yet, although old buddy and coach that brought us to the Cup finals (McLean) is in the mix supposedly, maybe even Maurice will get a look.
I watched Belak on OTR yesterday (or the day before?)...what a character he is.
  • 1 month later...
We got our new coach, a junior coach from Ontario, Peter DeBoer. Kinda surprised, but I guess Jacques was courting him all the way.
Rumours abound about Jokinen...Is he leaving?
Rumours abound about Jokinen...Is he leaving?
Guess so.It's a sad day.Seriously, for Boynton, Ballard, and a 2nd?? WTF. I couldn't be as confused, especially with an already decent amount of D-men coming back or coming up from the ranks. So I'm feeling a little annoyed and very upset with the franchise, not that Jokinen was traded, but for this. Now there could be a bigger plan in the works but as of this moment I'm upset.
Guess so.It's a sad day.Seriously, for Boynton, Ballard, and a 2nd?? WTF. I couldn't be as confused, especially with an already decent amount of D-men coming back or coming up from the ranks. So I'm feeling a little annoyed and very upset with the franchise, not that Jokinen was traded, but for this. Now there could be a bigger plan in the works but as of this moment I'm upset.
as a native south floridian I gave up on this team a long time ago. There is a great from a couple years ago I think by the Panthers owner about how Olli was never going anywhere on his watch.first luongo now this. screw them.
  • 3 weeks later...

So while I'm definitely glad Olesz was signed to a long term deal, nothing this summer has made me excited for the upcoming season dealing with this team. Last years off season was spectacular interest-wise and this one is pretty much exact opposite. I'm pretty sure Bouwmeester is going to get an offer sheet from someone, or at least it wouldn't come as the slightest surprise. Won't be a surprise either when Florida matches. Horton and Weiss either step up this year, or we're in the running for that #1 pick (which after all...would not be a bad thing :club: )

So while I'm definitely glad Olesz was signed to a long term deal, nothing this summer has made me excited for the upcoming season dealing with this team. Last years off season was spectacular interest-wise and this one is pretty much exact opposite. I'm pretty sure Bouwmeester is going to get an offer sheet from someone, or at least it wouldn't come as the slightest surprise. Won't be a surprise either when Florida matches. Horton and Weiss either step up this year, or we're in the running for that #1 pick (which after all...would not be a bad thing :club: )
Doesn't the fact that Bouwmeester filed for arbitration make him ineligible to receive offer sheets?
I'm pretty sure Bouwmeester is going to get an offer sheet from someone, or at least it wouldn't come as the slightest surprise. Won't be a surprise either when Florida matches.
As covered... Bouwmeester didn't get an offer sheet (or at least didn't sign one). After all, if Florida has matched he would have been stuck there for a few years rather than 1-2 he'll get now.
As covered... Bouwmeester didn't get an offer sheet (or at least didn't sign one). After all, if Florida has matched he would have been stuck there for a few years rather than 1-2 he'll get now.
True story, twas a bit late.
  • 3 weeks later...

SUNRISE, Fla. – Florida Panthers General Manager Jacques Martin announced today that club has agreed to terms on a one year deal with defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.Bouwmeester, 24, played in all 82 games with the Panthers last season recording a career high 15 goals, while ranking first in the National Hockey League with 27:28 of ice time per game. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound blueliner has played in all 82 games for the Cats in each of his last three seasons. For his NHL career, he has played in 389 games, all with Florida, scoring 38 goals with 123 assists and 261 PIM.

SUNRISE, Fla. – Florida Panthers General Manager Jacques Martin announced today that club has agreed to terms on a one year deal with defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.Bouwmeester, 24, played in all 82 games with the Panthers last season recording a career high 15 goals, while ranking first in the National Hockey League with 27:28 of ice time per game. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound blueliner has played in all 82 games for the Cats in each of his last three seasons. For his NHL career, he has played in 389 games, all with Florida, scoring 38 goals with 123 assists and 261 PIM.
this comes as a surprise.
this comes as a surprise.
I dont get this deal...I guess they didnt want to go to arbitration, and Bouwmeester doesnt want to stay in Florida long term...If he has a year like he did last year, he will sign a monstrous contract in the area of $7-$8 million per for 6 plus years.
I dont get this deal...I guess they didnt want to go to arbitration, and Bouwmeester doesnt want to stay in Florida long term...If he has a year like he did last year, he will sign a monstrous contract in the area of $7-$8 million per for 6 plus years.
yeah, my guess is that florida tried everything they could to get him long-term and settled for short. they are more and more screwed by the day, I guess...
yeah, my guess is that florida tried everything they could to get him long-term and settled for short. they are more and more screwed by the day, I guess...
If you go to arbitration you can't trade the player for a year. So 90% chance he'll be traded at the deadline.
If you go to arbitration you can't trade the player for a year. So 90% chance he'll be traded at the deadline.
I personally think he'll be moved within the week.