Official Florida Panthers Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look at that, starting to put some points together! Reinprecht with two points and Bryan Allen with a 70ft goal. Carolina is on an awful stretch and even without Staal they came out and creamed us in the first period, something like 21 shots. Vokoun kept out every single one of them and we started to improve from the second period on.

So are the Panthers still terrible? My ticket guys keep sending me emails with incredible deals for Panthers game.....it's a bit of a drive but I have not been to the rink since 2001 and I feel nostalgic.

So are the Panthers still terrible? My ticket guys keep sending me emails with incredible deals for Panthers game.....it's a bit of a drive but I have not been to the rink since 2001 and I feel nostalgic.
Haha I think that's great. Yeah they're still pretty terrible, but I mean you could always see a good opponent, and hockey in general is always fun.
  • 2 weeks later...
So... just saw the highlights from our game tonight, since I was at SBP for the Sens game... wtf was with the OT call? Shitty way to lose, even if I'm a Pens fan.
Yeah, pretty rough, oh well hopefully we'll have one that goes our way later in the season. Twas a good game though, I enjoyed it. Florida's first goal was pretty, and man if we just could have kept that Dupuis goal from bouncing EVERYWHERE haha.
  • 2 months later...

Let the rain fall:Dear Fans,Based on our commitment to accessibility, we would like to take this opportunity to give you some insight into our hockey club’s strategy moving forward. After consulting with General Manager Randy Sexton and Head Coach Pete DeBoer, it is clear that our team, the way it is currently structured, is not equipped to meet the goals and objectives that we have set for ourselves, our fans and our partners.Those goals are simple: qualify for the postseason on an annual basis, maintain a level of sustainable success, put a product on the ice that we can all be proud of, and compete for a Stanley Cup sometime in the near future. Our discussions with our hockey operations department about the composition and the strength and weaknesses of this Florida Panthers team have been extensive and ongoing, and based on those discussions and the inability to meet our goals, it is obvious that significant change is required.Thus, GM Randy Sexton has begun the process of reshaping this team in order to achieve our goals and objectives. This is a multi-step process, beginning now, ahead of the trading deadline, and continuing through the draft, free agency and training camp – so we ask that you assess our success only once this process has run its course.Unfortunately, these changes will not always be easy for our fans and supporters to accept or understand. These changes also may not be easy for our coaches, players and staff. But they are necessary. No small changes or quick fixes will do. But please note that these changes are part of an overall plan to make the best use of our current assets and set this franchise up to achieve the success we want as quickly as possible, and to maintain it.Clearly, we are not satisfied with some of the players on this team that do not possess the characteristics we need to be successful. We must be accountable for that. Our task moving forward is to acquire players with the attributes, skills and qualities we want in a Panthers player. We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation.As passionate fans and supporters of the Florida Panthers, this is what you deserve, and nothing else will do. Thank you for the emotion, the dedication and the loyalty that you have shown to your Panthers and please know, that as Managing Partners of this franchise, we are working hard to provide you with a hockey team you can be proud to call your own.Regards,Cliff Viner & Stu SiegelManaging PartnersFlorida Panthers Hockey Club

nice letter...not sure how many fans like you there are though that will actually read it and understand..But its a good gesture.

nice letter...not sure how many fans like you there are though that will actually read it and understand..But its a good gesture.
Yeah sure is, it got to a point where the last 5 games were very crucial to us, and once we couldn't pass that test it was obvious to Sexton that he needed to change it all up. The Moore move solidified that this was coming, and damn the value was set high on him.
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of a disappointment, from a movement standpoint today. But I do like Bitz, I think he'll be able to get some minutes to show what he's got. Here is GM Randy Sexton with the media, it's tough to wade through a lot of the obvious bullshit here. Especially early on in the interview, and a bit later, but if you're interested in seeing it, enjoy(?):http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?ca...24&id=61598

Panthers would tie 1939-40 Canadiens tonight if they score 2 or fewer goals. It'd mark the 15th consecutive game

Panthers would tie 1939-40 Canadiens tonight if they score 2 or fewer goals. It'd mark the 15th consecutive game
phew..the habs record is safe