Official Florida Panthers Thread

Hello UFA status next season. No way he signs a long term deal anywhere before UFA, he's going to get 8M somewhere IMO. 5-6M for his current status/production and an extra 2-3M for what could be since he is still very much a spring chicken for a guy who's been a #1 d-man for the period he has.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we're screwed, pretty much hoping that we get a deal that makes us very happy for trade. OR we trade and fall right into Tavares.
It's a shame really, they were always sort of my pet team to break through in the East every year. I really liked the pieces they had and were building around and then shit happened
It's a shame really, they were always sort of my pet team to break through in the East every year. I really liked the pieces they had and were building around and then shit happened
keenan happened, you mean.also, "shit" works just fine without any profanity filter evasion. shitbucket too.
keenan happened, you mean.also, "shit" works just fine without any profanity filter evasion. shitbucket too.
Yah I noticed that when I first typed it but I still sort of felt bad about it, so I added an italic for my own peace of mind.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Chad Kilger is not expected to play at all this year, this coming from Martin's mouth. I guess Martin said that he's still dealing with "family issues" and that if he WERE to play anywhere he'd want to play in Florida. Well I hope he damn better want to because Florida still holds his rights as of this moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the trade is official can we get a scouting report on Mike Van Ryn please Speedlimit??FWIW you are getting the better player and a potential all star dman in McCabe..He was "shafted" here and his play was affected by the negative comments from the media and the fans. I am sure he will resurrect his career there and will be back to scoring 60pts.

Now that the trade is official can we get a scouting report on Mike Van Ryn please Speedlimit??FWIW you are getting the better player and a potential all star dman in McCabe..He was "shafted" here and his play was affected by the negative comments from the media and the fans. I am sure he will resurrect his career there and will be back to scoring 60pts.
Serge its really going to depend on Mike's health. Before his last 2 years of wrist injuries he was really turning the corner into being a pretty solid point producing top pairing defenceman. He lead Michigan to a national title and captained jr team Canada. The wrist injuries the last couple seasons have really stalled him though, he certainly has the potential to be a really good player if he can stay healthy.
Serge its really going to depend on Mike's health. Before his last 2 years of wrist injuries he was really turning the corner into being a pretty solid point producing top pairing defenceman. He lead Michigan to a national title and captained jr team Canada. The wrist injuries the last couple seasons have really stalled him though, he certainly has the potential to be a really good player if he can stay healthy.
Well thats fair enough...McCabe also has the potential to regain his status as well...It might be a fair trade or a big one sided one.
Well thats fair enough...McCabe also has the potential to regain his status as well...It might be a fair trade or a big one sided one.
Adding to what sinc said Mike is an agile puck moving defenseman who has a real nice vision and speed for the game. Ever since we received him from St. Louis it was touted to be the Bouw/Van Ryn clinic in the back end. Everything I've read from Mike leading up to this year signals to me that he's feeling good and he was pretty sure this trade was going to happen. He mentioned a few times how he wouldn't be surprised to start the season with another team. He's not going to be the "pilon" that I've heard McCabe referred to in Toronto and sure if he stays healthy and stays with you guys he's going to be an underrated asset who will only help groom Schenn.
Adding to what sinc said Mike is an agile puck moving defenseman who has a real nice vision and speed for the game. Ever since we received him from St. Louis it was touted to be the Bouw/Van Ryn clinic in the back end. Everything I've read from Mike leading up to this year signals to me that he's feeling good and he was pretty sure this trade was going to happen. He mentioned a few times how he wouldn't be surprised to start the season with another team. He's not going to be the "pilon" that I've heard McCabe referred to in Toronto and sure if he stays healthy and stays with you guys he's going to be an underrated asset who will only help groom Schenn.
it was really, really frustrating to see him shipped off for a rental in goddamn valeri bure. you have no idea, man.
I hope he works out in Toronto..By the way the pilon references are totally not true...McCabe is a workhorse..He will give you a solid 30 minutes a night, he is great on the PP and has an amazing shot..He isnt the best defensive guy, but last year at times he showed he is more than capable...I think he has a lot to prove and he will be an All Star with Florida and will work great with Bouwmeester.
it was really, really frustrating to see him shipped off for a rental in goddamn valeri bure. you have no idea, man.
Man that brings back all sorts of rushing memories.I loved that deal and was so stoked for Van Ryn, and to get rid of Pavel's little brother who we brought along to appease him, then he ended up overstaying his welcome. But he got married to D.J. from Full House, so it's all gravy to him.
Florida gave defenseman Keith Ballard a 6 year extension today. Far too much as I'm concerned, but he is 25 and shows promise.
Pretty much seals the deal on the Bouwmeester era, I'd say they're completely convinced that they can't sign him long term. Ballard is solid though, if Buffalo could get him back I'd have no problem with them giving him that kind of deal.
Pretty much seals the deal on the Bouwmeester era, I'd say they're completely convinced that they can't sign him long term. Ballard is solid though, if Buffalo could get him back I'd have no problem with them giving him that kind of deal.
Yeah when Jacques Martin was asked if this would affect Bouw's situation at all he gave the ole, of course not and when we have the chance to lock up some guys that we want, we're going to do it. Obviously I think it does take another step towards Jay leaving. I've got this thing in my mind where I think the reason why Florida is stocking on d-men is because they're shipping Jay for a good amount of offense. Here are the guys we're looking at long term so far. These are the season's these players are signed through:2014-15: Keith Ballard2013-14: Rostislav Olesz2012-13: Nathan Horton, Stephen Weiss2011-12: Bryan Allen2010-11: Bryan McCabe, Tomas Vokoun.

Two articles via Yahoo! about Florida coming today, good reads and Greg Whyshynski brings up the good point of "They've missed the playoffs for seven seasons; in that time, they haven't had a first or second overall pick. God, that's gotta be annoying."http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,107486http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=ArC0...o&type=lgns