Hold em or Fold em????

Im in a 30 man tourny, we all get $1000 in chips & blinds go up every 20 min, with 1 Rebuy.How do you play K,10 / Q,10 / J,10I know it all depends on position and how many people are in the hand, but are there any rules of thumb to go by? Super System says those hands are rags.Twice tonight i threw away a set of tens (j,10/K,10)basiclly im just curious how you play Face Card, 10Do you Hold em or Fold em?

mostly fold, unless it has been folded to you and you are in late position than maybe raise.but mostly fold... from EP and MP... fold to a raise if you are in the blinds with it...yeah. but like you said there are a million other factors to consider.

Super System isn't exactly loose in it's starting hand selections (Doyle says A-Q is a bad hand).The only time I play any of those hands (when blinds aren't a huge factor) are in late position or the blinds. If I'm in late position, I usually won't play them unless they're suited. But, there are a lot of variables, so they may be playable in certain situations.

ya i dump them well because i really have to hit it on the flop and there big money losers for me if i am not extra careful with them. once in a while i will play them from late depending on the action in front of me and the players at my table, if they are extremly poor and limping with any face card sure i will even raise there limp in and try to play smart from there. My question to the fourm is i know these are losers but i always see the "good players" playing these cards and getting some value out of them.A X off suit, i mean like A 10 9 87just wondering if anyone plays them and how you get value out of them.

Well, you see them playing those cards with reads on other good players in tight tournament situations. Different scenario from yours, I'm sure.

I'll play A9 or A10 from LP or from the blinds. I'll call a small raise LP raise from the BB with either of these hands. You have to make sure you remember who you're playing against. I can't tell you how many times I've raised from EP with KK and tooka big pot off of a TPTK holding A10 or A9 or been in a similar situation. Be careful. A10/ A9 can be profitable if you hit a set or boat, otherwise, you're most likely going to lose a lot of money with them.

Twice tonight i threw away a set of tens (j,10/K,10)
In the long run, how many times will you throw these away and get nothing?? Or make a hand that would have been beat by a better hand had you played it?? I threw away 27o and would have gotten quads twice before. Does that make it profitable to play all the time??

It depends on position, chip stacks, table image, etc.... But as a general rule I often throw away K10 and Q10 from early position, but I like to see flops w/ J10. Sure I throw it away late in a tournament if I think it's going to cost me too much to play, but if I can see a flop cheaply I'm gonna play it. It's just such a strong hand when it comes to making straights that I like to see flops with it.

Like every one has stated "it depends'however, with that given tournament structure I assume first level and second level blinds are low. around 5, 10, or 10 , 20 to start. So I would see flops with any 10, and face card. "Unless it was raised."

Do you worry about actually "hitting" on the flop and being second best? That's why these hands are dangerous. They are trap hands that lose more money later in the hand to better kickers. While the flop may be cheap, you gotta be able to lay down even if you "hit". I like J10 because if you make a straight, you can do the trapping of the two pairs/TPTKs.

Do you worry about actually "hitting" on the flop and being second best?  That's why these hands are dangerous.  They are trap hands that lose more money later in the hand to better kickers.  While the flop may be cheap, you gotta be able to lay down even if you "hit".  I like J10 because if you make a straight, you can do the trapping of the two pairs/TPTKs.
Your missing the point. I'm not a loose player, however in early stages of a tourny i will play these hands, Blinds are cheap.. and people are less likely to throw big bets out.U play 10, Q, and flop comes 7, 10, 2. You obviously are from from the nuts, but with proper play, you can find out who has what, and wether your hand is leading.And remember.. I stated : "Of course it depends"
Like every one has stated "it depends'however,  with that given tournament structure I assume first level and second level blinds are low. around 5, 10, or  10 , 20 to start. So I would see flops with any 10, and face card. "Unless it was raised."
The blinds actually didnt start to small, 25-50, when you only got $1000. The other blinds went like this: 50-100, 75-150, 150-300, 250-500, 350-700 then i was out so im not sure. By the way thanks for the insight people, its much appreciated!